PDA

View Full Version : Dicussion on civic

dusty
06-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi guys, after doing some research on civic as i am going to buy a second hand car.
I think the good looking one is ek with the budget match wt i've got. Do you guys think ek is gd looking?
I have around $12k and just want to find some gd condition for some leisure driving only not racing.
Do you guys agree i should go for the car that i searched out? This car is 97 ek with only 60k km and in excellent condition (inside and outside looks really new) as i went for an inspection yesterday.
what do you guys think?
Really appreciate.

Setanta
06-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm biased. There is a lovely EF9 Civic for sale for under that price in the for sale section. EF9 > EKanything IMO

EuroDude
06-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Yes EK's are a good choice, they have a stiffer chassis than EG's and can be found with less KM's. Otherwise a stock DC2 teggy is a good choice. Get a manual tranny if you want decent performance, and go for a DOHC VTEC model if possible.

Check www.redbook.com.au for specs and average buy price, and get the NRMA to check the car for mechanical problems (distributor, cv joints, shocks, exhaust colour and smell, ECU error codes, etc..) and ask for a complete service history. You dont wanna buy a new car with a dodgy transmission costing >$1000 to fix.