PDA

View Full Version : New Civic type R FN2 tyre pressure? 46 PSI?

Reothe
07-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi everyone, I just did a check on my tyres at the shell servo and all 4 were pumped up to 46 PSI out of the dealership! No wonder my ride was so harsh! :P I'm just wondering whether this is normal and at what pressure we should be pumping our tyres up to because the recommended pressure displayed on the door sill is 32 PSI for the rear wheels and 35 PSI for the front wheels. Is it just me or does everyone's FN2 come with wheels pumped to absurdly high levels (around 45-46 PSI as indicated on the shell servo's air pressure gauge). Any help will be great. Thanks guys.

shadou
07-12-2007, 04:58 PM
don't rely on servo tyre gauges to give you an accurate reading, those things have probably been in service for more than 2 years without re-calibration and people tend to just dump it on the ground after they use it.

aaronng
07-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Get a good tyre pressure gauge. Even the $11 dial-type gauges from BigW are accurate to about 0.5psi when compared to a calibrated $45 Jamec Pem gauge.

buddah51au
07-12-2007, 05:26 PM
get a good quality tyre gauge and run 34psi cold or 36psi hot

Spicey
07-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Brand new cars from the factory come with high pressure in the tyres (usually around 50psi from my experiences) to stop them moving around in transit and stop the tires from getting out-of-round while sitting in storage for long periods of time.

I think your car might have had a fairly quick PD (Pre-Delivery) done before you got it and the mechanic forgot to adjust the pressures.

Reothe
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Ahh icic, cool thanks for the info :) The steering wheel feels so heavy now that I put the pressure down to 36 PSI :P Might have to resort to investing in a tyre pressure gauge by the looks of it >.<" Just out of curiousity, has anyone else with an FN2 recently delivered experienced the same situation??