PDA

View Full Version : VTEC isn't working! Need help!

blackshadow42
07-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Guys....

I took off my rsm and reconnect all the necessary wires. Can it affect the VTEC?
My mechanic told me that the ECU sends a signal (for the VTEC) but it just doesn't kick, Could it be the solenoid? Need input please....if possible with pictures or video..thx

hui
07-12-2007, 11:21 PM
if you reconnected all the wires correctly it shouldnt effect your vtec at all.

make sure the car is at normal operating temp

isami
07-12-2007, 11:26 PM
http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62259

blackshadow42
07-12-2007, 11:32 PM
if you reconnected all the wires correctly it shouldnt effect your vtec at all.

make sure the car is at normal operating temp

Well I disconnect and reconnect the cables 1 by 1 when I took off the RSM. Only 4 cables i think. And at the moment, the oil is kinda too much, it's a little bit over the 2nd dot ( from the dipstick). does it switch off the VTEC if the oil is too much?

isami
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
think you'll only have problems when oil is low

B18cEG
08-12-2007, 01:45 AM
if you run a whire from the positive post of the battery and connect it to the solenoid you should hear it clicking, if not then soleniod is not functioning.

Hope it helps

blackshadow42
08-12-2007, 09:22 AM
if you run a whire from the positive post of the battery and connect it to the solenoid you should hear it clicking, if not then soleniod is not functioning.

Hope it helps

What do you mean by connect it to the solenoid? you mean the silver connector that has 1 pin/cable only?

B18cEG
08-12-2007, 08:54 PM
What do you mean by connect it to the solenoid? you mean the silver connector that has 1 pin/cable only?

yes, the grey plug with one pin/wire next to the vtec solenoid, if you connect 12v to it it should make a click

blackshadow42
09-12-2007, 10:59 AM
yes, the grey plug with one pin/wire next to the vtec solenoid, if you connect 12v to it it should make a click

Ok...I've done that and I heard it clicks *hopefully it's the right click* coz I heard some other noises from the spark from the cable when i connected it to the connector:P

So it must be the wiring,yeah? I've found a red wire near the ECU that doesn't connect to anything. It just tabbed the yellow wire. Yellow wire connects to the ECU.

ECU-MAN
09-12-2007, 05:49 PM
connect a test light to the vtec solenoid wire in the engine bay, run the wire to the inside of the car, ground the other side of the test light and go for a dive. the light should come on when vtec is ment to engage.

if the ligth comes on and no VTEC you have a mechanical problem

if the ligth doesnt come on you have ecu or wiring problems, or even a pgmfi problem.

check your ecu for codes

blackshadow42
09-12-2007, 06:45 PM
connect a test light to the vtec solenoid wire in the engine bay, run the wire to the inside of the car, ground the other side of the test light and go for a dive. the light should come on when vtec is ment to engage.

if the ligth comes on and no VTEC you have a mechanical problem

if the ligth doesnt come on you have ecu or wiring problems, or even a pgmfi problem.

check your ecu for codes

ECU-MAN....i'll give it a go...need to buy a test light pen then....hauhauha...

Lukezen27
23-12-2007, 12:06 AM
ECU-MAN....i'll give it a go...need to buy a test light pen then....hauhauha...

My VTec wasn't work due to a cracked Lost Motion Assembly Holder :thumbdwn:

http://www.doubledynasystems.com/Car/Image006.jpg

Bludger
23-12-2007, 05:50 AM
how the hell did you manage to crack that thing?

Lukezen27
23-12-2007, 06:03 AM
how the hell did you manage to crack that thing?

I can only speculate but my guess is, wrong torque sequence after rebuild :thumbdwn:

bennjamin (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=79) and I found it by chance while re-torquing my head lol

Benson
23-12-2007, 02:18 PM
If the ecu is sending a signal to the solenoid then i dont think its a wiring issue. Take off the soleniod and clean any junk stuck in the filter.

My bet is still on wiring..

obsessionz
23-12-2007, 04:11 PM
omg ur vtec is broken! :eek:

K20aCivic
05-01-2008, 12:58 PM
when ur vtec solenoide isn't connected, there should be a orange light in ur dash indicating that it isn't connected...if it's connected there shouldn't be any orange light showing up..cause i remember when some dodgy guy installed my cousins b16a he didn't give him a vtec solenoide so we custom made one lol..and everything when it unplugs a light comes off and vtec dies..so you should give that a check...