PDA

View Full Version : Beaks VS Spoon tie BARS

thaaznboi
08-12-2007, 03:38 AM
could anyone tell me from facts or experince which is better for an EG civic!?

thanks everyone!

tRipitaka
08-12-2007, 07:51 AM
the spoon tie bar looks like it's more supportive under pressure..
beaks just looks bling..

Chi
08-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Beaks tie bar easily.

Spoon is single bolt joined, and if the subframe was to have some flex, which i doubht unless ur running massive sway bars or hit it.

Beaks is double bolt joined so less chance of it moving.

But you are better of with a subframe brace if u wana stiffen subframe.

thaaznboi
08-12-2007, 12:48 PM
thanks for the advice guys, as i currently have the spoon front n rear tie bars..the front has been bent a few times cuz i think i may have hit it so i was thinking of getting the beaks one for the rear as it looks stronger then the spoon one.

so you guys think i should just stick to my spoon rear lower tie bar?

T-onedc2
08-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I've got a beaks rear tie bar, it hangs much lower than Spoon

Limbo
08-12-2007, 02:56 PM
i'd buy the ASR over both.
But the beaks kit helps to support the actual points of contact and not just the rear. Its the connecting points that seem to rip.

Getting the ASR you will never have to worry about any issues

gbang007
08-12-2007, 03:49 PM
too right^^^^
ASR for a peace of mind.

p.s. you know where to go to get ASR Braces lol

T-onedc2
08-12-2007, 03:50 PM
i'd buy the ASR over both.
But the beaks kit helps to support the actual points of contact and not just the rear. Its the connecting points that seem to rip.

Getting the ASR you will never have to worry about any issues

Are you referring to the "kit" as in the whole reinforcement kit or just the tie bar mounting points? They are two different things...

Limbo
08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
yeah was referring to the beaks kit sorry i got mixed up forgot they did just bars also, but the ASR is better than both

dupac->
08-12-2007, 04:41 PM
lol looks like hes just talking about the "tie" bars..

not the actual subframe re inforcements.

doesnt seem like tie bars do shit all.. i got the whiteline and beaks
seems no different to me. bling i guess?

T-onedc2
08-12-2007, 04:44 PM
ITR has a tie bar stock for a reason, I wouldn't expect to feel the difference, just added reinforcement against chassis flex.
Beaks does look very bling tho.

bennjamin
08-12-2007, 04:45 PM
tiebars are just another piece of reinforcement between two points on the suspension (two sides of the lower control arms) - they are designed to keep the two sides in union , should increase response slightly.
I had a carbing one awhile back , and it did notch up my rear ( only because the rear bushes were so worn.

Limbo
09-12-2007, 03:37 PM
i had the 2 point one also. It did firm up the rear, but not as much as the ASR and also i was still worried about tearouts cos there have been a few even with the rear strut bars