PDA

View Full Version : Creaking in the seat belt pilar

DLRioM
08-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey guys iv checked the forum and could find a complaint about every creaking noise from the car except were ive got it. There is a creaking sound in the side pilar that is very loud and making me go mental. Even with the music is up i can still hear it.......its getting too frustrating to drive the car and before i get the chance to take it to honda i might drive it over a cliff first.

Any ideas how to dismantle the pilar ?

EuroDude
08-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Grab some Lithium Grease and spray it into the sound source, i.e. the vertical seatbelt rail. You dont need to dismantle it unless a screw has come loose or something.

aaronng
08-12-2007, 01:40 PM
It's the adjustment buckle... If you put it 1 step down, the rattling is reduced. I've taken that pillar off before and unfortunately, there isn't much to lube up. The way I would do it is to line the surfaces inside with felt. Are you willing to risk broken clips to line it? (you can get aftermarket replacement clips from Repco)

DLRioM
10-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Can i just take it to honda and request they fix it considering the car is 5months old?

industrie
10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
yeah you can take it back to honda and tell them what you suggest and that a new car shouldnt have thi sort or rattle..see what they say

DLRioM
10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
It's the adjustment buckle... If you put it 1 step down, the rattling is reduced. I've taken that pillar off before and unfortunately, there isn't much to lube up. The way I would do it is to line the surfaces inside with felt. Are you willing to risk broken clips to line it? (you can get aftermarket replacement clips from Repco)

Did u break any clips while doing this? and where do i start when removing it? i started pulling in the middle and had no luck.....i think felt would do the trick, anything is better than plastic on plastic

aaronng
10-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Did u break any clips while doing this? and where do i start when removing it? i started pulling in the middle and had no luck.....i think felt would do the trick, anything is better than plastic on plastic

I can't remember exactly the order. You start by pulling out the rubber that runs along the bottom of the black trim. Get the rubber off and then pull on the black part. It's held on by 2 christmas tree clips. If you are lucky and don't break the clip or the part of the trim that the clip hangs off, then you remove the cover of the seatbelt adjuster and unbolt the seat belt hangar (it's a big bolt, 19-21mm, can't remember). Remove the hangar and you'll be able to take off the grey trim. That should also have its on christmas tree clips. After that, you'll have access to the adjuster. It's basically a flat grey trim behind the top grey trim that slides up and down. Because it's not tight against the outer trim nor the body, you get the rattling sound. Go slow when pulling off the trim. Also be prepared to face the fact that you might end up cracking your trim! If you don't want cracked trim, leave it to the dealer.

tony1234
11-12-2007, 07:01 AM
Can i just take it to honda and request they fix it considering the car is 5months old?
Take it back to the dealer.what do you do if in the process you f*ck up the trim and still have the problem and then have to go back to the dealer?

DLRioM
11-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanx for your help aaronng. Ill take it back to the dealer first....If they wont help then ill do it myself....

Butso
19-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Tell you what happens when you take it to Honda .. OUR MECHANIC COULD NOT REPRODUCE THE NOISE/SOUND/CREAKS .. have a nice day ..

DLRioM
20-12-2007, 08:42 AM
lol im expecting that......lucky for me the sound is always there so ima grab one of them from honda chuck him in my car, drive around the block and make sure he gets my drift....no way ther gonna weazel out of this one