PDA

View Full Version : Hid

andiiso
08-12-2007, 02:38 PM
ey guys, recently just installed a set of HIDs in my civic, and after washing my car the passenger side light fogs up on inside .. its never happened bfore until i installed my HID, but thing is i had the HID's in my car at the EK Photoshoot, and i washed my car bfore goin to that and it didnt happen...

the only thing i can think of is the boot around the light the thing to keep water out, had to modify that boot to fit the HID in and mayb cut the boot too big ? and water gettin in ?

any ideas ?

thanks
andiiso

jdm_kid
08-12-2007, 03:44 PM
it fogs up cos ur headlight seal is broken .. got aftermarket headlights or OEM ones ?

bennjamin
08-12-2007, 03:57 PM
not exactly - since you cut the rear boot to make the new HID bulb fit , water / moisture is getting in at the back. That is why it is fogging up :)

You need to either fix the rear boot or replace it. Try to seal it up somehow

omgzilla
08-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Try sealing it up with duct tape, or you could use silicone for a more permanent seal.

My drivers side headlight fogs up too but my seals on the back are intact - i think the glue around the casing of the light (between the front and rear casing) is worn/perished somewhere, but I can't be arsed pulling off the front bumper to get the headlight out hahah.

Far too much effort required lol

andiiso
09-12-2007, 03:02 AM
lolz, i was guessin it was the boot, since these aftermarket headlights never fogged up bfore, until i got the HID's in, hopefully it realli is the boot so its easy to get out n seal, i mite just use some duct tape or the lil blak tape (industrial rubbery lookin stuff?) lolz.

andiiso
09-12-2007, 02:50 PM
today - sealed up the boot with duct tape now just gotta leave it for a few weeks mayb n see if i get any foggin up etc but now i got another problem .. u guys noe the clip that clips down the bulb bfore u put the connector and boot on top ? well, everytime i clip it in, and i putthe connector on and the boot the clip just happens to UNclip itself just as i get the boot into its place .. ==" and its realli realli fustrating ..

any help on that guys ? like lil techniques or wateva ?

thanks
andiiso

EDIT* ANOTHER question : how do i get rid of the water that is alredy in there ? it seems to go away but then somehow it comes bak again even tho there was no rain etc.

thanks
andiiso

mrwillz
09-12-2007, 05:52 PM
water gets back in there from the night (cold) to sunshine
condensation

andiiso
09-12-2007, 06:56 PM
well ive sealed it bak up now, will the water inside go away and no more get in ?

mrwillz
10-12-2007, 09:45 AM
if u've sealed it correctly and well it should be ok.

ideally take off the whole headllight and inspect and it
and fully reseal the whole thing.

buzz
10-12-2007, 10:33 AM
might be worth getting out a hairdryer to dry up all the water in there... then seal it back up again.

:thumbsup:

andiiso
10-12-2007, 03:48 PM
yer im about to do it, gonna relocate my HID box thing (ballast?) and may aswell take out my globe n boot and shove a hairdryer close on low to dry it for a few mins, then just put the boot bak on, im pretty sure it was the boot loose that let water in cos the headlights have never had any water in it till now when i recently put HID's in and when i looked, the boot wasnt even on properly was like half fallin off with the bak of the globe half on and left a big gap lolz.