PDA

View Full Version : Vtir Exhuast

yano28
08-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey just about to become the proud new owner of a 98 vtir integra (can't afford a dc2r :( ) Was just wondering if anyone knows of any exhuast systems (from the cat only) that actually give a lil performance increase instead of decreasing it like most do. Looking to spend only a reasonable and fair amount. Oh yeah I was also wondering what the vtec rush is like from the b18c. I've only felt the vtec from a turbo d16, which i couldn't tell from the turbo kick, and the h22a which was good but a tad sluggish. Cheers

Kiz_EG6
09-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey just about to become the proud new owner of a 98 vtir integra (can't afford a dc2r :( ) Was just wondering if anyone knows of any exhuast systems (from the cat only) that actually give a lil performance increase instead of decreasing it like most do. Looking to spend only a reasonable and fair amount. Oh yeah I was also wondering what the vtec rush is like from the b18c. I've only felt the vtec from a turbo d16, which i couldn't tell from the turbo kick, and the h22a which was good but a tad sluggish. Cheers

Hey man, congrats on the new purchase :)

Anyways, anything 2.25" or under should not hinder performance, but i would not go any bigger than that.
A cat back will most likely not give you a noticable difference on it's own, but it's a good start if you intend on upgrading cat/header in the future.
If it was me i would maybe put a tip on for now if you are desperate for a better exhaust note and save up for the whole thing; header, cat and cat back at the same time, this way you will really get a substantial pickup when you do the whole thing!
Oh and in the meatime maybe do a budget CAI, as this will improve throttle response and engine noise :)

DUST
10-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Get a cat back and install it yourself, its quite simple, just a bunch of bolt ons. If you don't want to spend heaps, then go get yourself a X-FORCE brand stainless steel cat back. It does the job and most honda people usually go for X-FORCE if they don't wanna spend much. :thumbsup:

And for VTEC... it is highly overated lol! Makes good sounds from an engine and it is REV happy, DC2 VTIR 8000 rpm redline!!! But slow as f@ck!

Kiz_EG6
10-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Get a cat back and install it yourself, its quite simple, just a bunch of bolt ons. If you don't want to spend heaps, then go get yourself a X-FORCE brand stainless steel cat back. It does the job and most honda people usually go for X-FORCE if they don't wanna spend much. :thumbsup:

And for VTEC... it is highly overated lol! Makes good sounds from an engine and it is REV happy, DC2 VTIR 8000 rpm redline!!! But slow as f@ck!

Overrated?!?
Try switching it off and then redlining ur car, then you'll know it does more than make a bit of noise!!

teggiboy
10-12-2007, 01:33 PM
go for the fujisubo power getter... one of the best exhausts u can get for a dc2 and is not too loud. idles like a baby and gives the noise when u vtec it

DUST
10-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Overrated?!?
Try switching it off and then redlining ur car, then you'll know it does more than make a bit of noise!!

If you drove a faster car than a Honda with VTEC before, you will know the what im talking about my friend. ;)

Kiz_EG6
10-12-2007, 03:50 PM
If you drove a faster car than a Honda with VTEC before, you will know the what im talking about my friend. ;)

Yeah, but to say that it doesn't do much is definately an understatement, i know it's no turbo, but it definately serves a very good purpose! Oh and don't worry, i've driven some pretty quick cars to compare it to so i do know what you mean!
It's all relative, as when compared with a non VTEC equipped 4cyl always feels sluggish, when you have driven a VTEC!
I drive my brother's LS B18A and when i thump it i am waiting to feel VTEC kick in, but it's just flat through the whole rev range :(

Same with my mate's 4AGE corolla, when he gets in my DC2R, he remembers why honda are supreme ;)

T-onedc2
10-12-2007, 07:40 PM

It surprises me why so many people overrate turbos like they're some amazing machine, for the ones I've driven they're too big a compromise in most driving situations and barely faster anyway, I'm not willing to purchase one as I'm much happier with n/a driveability and response.

Oh, btw, back on topic thanks

rikstar
11-12-2007, 11:00 AM
i've got a Spoon N1 exhaust with a K&N Air Filter and its sound nice. Not too loud to attract the pigs but loud enough to turn heads when you need to. hehe

DUST
11-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Nice, where did you get the SPOON N1 from?

Isit full exhaust from the headers?

WPN.22R
11-12-2007, 11:30 AM
I have a brand new TANABE system (cat back) for sale if you like. Stainless muffler and titanium piping. These sound great, not too harsh, but give a nice deep note.

pm me if you like.

-Elee

rikstar
13-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Nice, where did you get the SPOON N1 from?

Isit full exhaust from the headers?

Its a Spoon N1 cat back and i picked it up from some dude selling it on Firesport. Got it for a good price too :p