PDA

View Full Version : clear taillights indicator globe

CvcResponse
08-12-2007, 11:59 PM
EDIT: Just worked out that i had ordered American clear taillights and thus the rear indicators are red when using clear globes. Someone else said they got green globes to make them blink amber, is this okay (hence legal) to do? Would they be noticeable through the lens in daylight, otherwise who's gonna know

98vtir
09-12-2007, 01:03 PM
i had the same problem, i used yellow LED bulbs. and now they blink orange. Make sure you get bulbs with alot of LED's in them for the fact they are hard to see in daylight. The first pair i got had 19 LED's in them and you couldn't see them at all in daylight. So i got bulbs with 36 LED's and they arn't too bad in daylight but still a bit hard to see, but they do blink alot faster due to the less current they use.

I didn't know red and green made amber but i'll give that a shot too

one4spl
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I've seen bulbs that look silver, but glow amber in MAXPOWER mag years ago... stops the indicator looking at all amber until you turn it on.

CvcResponse
14-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Been meaning to reply sooner but *where* do you buy green globes? Someone said in an older thread that they got some from their local autobarn.. mine only had clear and amber and said they don't even stock them. Repco also didn't have them, they had caps but not in a green colour.

Maybe they sell them online somewhere? Only other option left would be to paint the clear ones green.. although i hear it reduces the life of globes or something. What kind of paint would i need to buy to work most effective?

Boban
16-12-2007, 02:23 AM
I bought some green LED bulbs from Supercheap but as 98vtir said above hard to see during the day, so i got some lens dye in a can from Bunnings of all places (about 10-15 bux) and painted some regular bulbs green, worked fine until i got rid of the taillights. A friend who i sold them to used them for almost a year and neither one of us had any problems.

CvcResponse
16-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I bought some green LED bulbs from Supercheap but as 98vtir said above hard to see during the day, so i got some lens dye in a can from Bunnings of all places (about 10-15 bux) and painted some regular bulbs green, worked fine until i got rid of the taillights. A friend who i sold them to used them for almost a year and neither one of us had any problems.

Hey, thanks for ur response! It seems that painting them works better so i might try bunnings too