PDA

View Full Version : Tyre puncture :(

Gio
09-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey guys i recently got a tyre puncture on my 17in low profile tyre and i was wondering if it is possible to repair it or do i have to buy a whole new tyre cause its low profile?

Thanks for your help.

Chris.

he-tec
09-12-2007, 08:53 AM
you can repair it with a puncture repair kit or your mechanic/local tyre shop should be able to help. If its punctured on the side wall your probably best getting a new one

Gio
09-12-2007, 08:56 AM
nope, its not on the side wall!!!! Thats sooo good, cool ill get it repaired.

traumatized
09-12-2007, 09:06 AM
if it is not on the side it should be ok to repair, most smaller tyre shops only charge 15 - 20 bux for the repair.

Gio
09-12-2007, 09:23 AM
thanks, it was a skrew that i took off my car to spray the headlights...grrr

Limbo
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
pretty much any mechanic will fix it for you

Bludger
10-12-2007, 11:16 AM
this is a question best asked to the tire shop.

dsp26
10-12-2007, 11:18 AM
nah take it to tyre shop. use the licorice kits temporarily or your spare tyre. they will advise wether its repairable or not.

Screw holes are fixable and should cost no more than $20 per tyre to repair.

The process involves:
- seperate tyre from wheel.
- apply patch/glue onto inside surface
- re-merge and pump to spec.

B16bcivic
10-12-2007, 05:34 PM
brooooooooooo, tyre puncture is bad man u have to buy a new one, lol, nah jk, take it in the shop n it should be repairable, if a cut must buy a new one.

Gio
17-12-2007, 05:04 PM
lol b16 :( i have had tyres repaired b4 but i have heard of blow outs caused from it.

Since my non vtec engine hit 400kms like "that" i dint want it to blow out.

Btw its fixed now, charged me 25 bucks the fagz and got some novice to do it :S

Hacs
29-12-2007, 09:58 PM
nah take it to tyre shop. use the licorice kits temporarily or your spare tyre. they will advise wether its repairable or not.

Screw holes are fixable and should cost no more than $20 per tyre to repair.

The process involves:
- seperate tyre from wheel.
- apply patch/glue onto inside surface
- re-merge and pump to spec.

sorry, diggin up old threads as usual :angel:

noobie question: -

im runnin a set of 17's on my car but um.. just curious as to what happens if a tyre blows while im driving right.. will the spare wheel i have sittin in my boot, which is stock size, 14's i think.. will that line up with the other three 17's or will it be too small ?

and if so, in order to eradicate this problem.. i'd have to get a spare 17's wheel instead of the stock 14's spare wheel right ?

cheers guys :thumbsup:

JohnL
29-12-2007, 11:47 PM
sorry, diggin up old threads as usual :angel:

noobie question: -

im runnin a set of 17's on my car but um.. just curious as to what happens if a tyre blows while im driving right.. will the spare wheel i have sittin in my boot, which is stock size, 14's i think.. will that line up with the other three 17's or will it be too small ?

and if so, in order to eradicate this problem.. i'd have to get a spare 17's wheel instead of the stock 14's spare wheel right ?

cheers guys :thumbsup:

It doen't really matter, the spare will get you home or to a tyre joint. If the spare is signifcantly different then the car will steer and handle a little strangely, but it's not for long, just drive it a little more cautiously. 'Space saver' spares are radically different to the wheels / tyres normally on the road, and they're quite common.

Hacs
30-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Thankyou, very useful :thumbsup: