PDA

View Full Version : h2b kit in ek..ac & ps ?

whoosh!
12-12-2007, 10:34 PM
hey guys,im planning on doin a h22a conversion in my ek with h2b kit,would the ac and ps still fit with the h2b kit since the engine is sitting at a different position? cause witout h2b kit the a/c and p/s will fit with some customisation...

fatboyz39
13-12-2007, 10:30 PM
don't think you can unless you want to cut out the frame rail.

Cvik_ryda
14-12-2007, 04:38 PM
You can fit the whole H22a with OEM box into your ek and keep AC and PS with the right after market brackets im sure. Check with Yonas from JDM Yard im sure he be able to source the parts and give you the right answers.

fatboyz39
14-12-2007, 08:47 PM
You can fit the whole H22a with OEM box into your ek and keep AC and PS with the right after market brackets im sure. Check with Yonas from JDM Yard im sure he be able to source the parts and give you the right answers.

He's asking about H2B. Not straight H.

whoosh!
15-12-2007, 12:19 AM
thanks fatboyz39 for clearing that up...
i know straight h22a sits in engine bay and the ac &ps just clears the frame rail...but for the h2b does the engine shift over more to the passenger side than straight h22a conversion?

Benson
15-12-2007, 11:13 AM
thanks fatboyz39 for clearing that up...
i know straight h22a sits in engine bay and the ac &ps just clears the frame rail...but for the h2b does the engine shift over more to the passenger side than straight h22a conversion?

Yeap and how the engine sits. Crank pulley need to be shaved off. Can only run the alternator. Unless you want to cut a hole in your chasiss rails to make it fit, imo ain't worth it.

You also need relocation alternator bracket, we got one from the states which enable us to use a D-series alternator, just need to rewire to suit plug.

nd55
16-12-2007, 03:34 AM
Surely, if you're prepared to go to the expense and effort of fabricating stuff, a K24 install
would make more sense.

Why the h2b swap?

Nick.

whoosh!
16-12-2007, 03:20 PM
because i have the h22 motor and b series box etc already,plus i wanted to try something different

stocky
16-12-2007, 05:02 PM
You must be Tung's cousin ...

The pic below shows the clearance with h2b using the stock alternator and bracket. You can see that the clearance underneath the alternator is minimal. You need to factor in that the a/c compressor has the clutch mechanism which brings it even closer to the rail and so it will not clear the actual chassis rail.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x305/azwart0001/h2b006-3.jpg

For the power steering, this is definately a no goer since the pulley has been machined down as stated earlier to clear the rail. However, you can look into the system used in the f20b's. These dont use a conventional power steering pump but some electrical pump instead.

fatboyz39
16-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Surely, if you're prepared to go to the expense and effort of fabricating stuff, a K24 install
would make more sense.

Why the h2b swap?

Nick.

Cost wise. H2B 10k running into 12's. K24 15-17k setup 12's? So which one would you choose?

fatboyz39
16-12-2007, 05:10 PM
You must be Tung's cousin ...

The pic below shows the clearance with h2b using the stock alternator and bracket. You can see that the clearance underneath the alternator is minimal. You need to factor in that the a/c compressor has the clutch mechanism which brings it even closer to the rail and so it will not clear the actual chassis rail.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x305/azwart0001/h2b006-3.jpg

For the power steering, this is definately a no goer since the pulley has been machined down as stated earlier to clear the rail. However, you can look into the system used in the f20b's. These dont use a conventional power steering pump but some electrical pump instead.

Depending on what kit he used. Some kits sit different and require some cutting and bashing of the chasiss rail.

stocky
16-12-2007, 05:15 PM
They all require bashing with stock alt ... theres a huge dent in the chassis rail in that pic.

Otherwise, you can use the d series alt with 1 less ribbed belt but depending on the bracket, it will take up the a/c location which the OP doesnt want.

nd55
17-12-2007, 09:45 PM
> Cost wise. H2B 10k running into 12's. K24 15-17k setup 12's? So which one would you choose?
Me? both are out of my league.

> because i have the h22 motor and b series box etc already,plus i wanted to try something different
two excellent reasons.

I was feeling something out of the box, like a h2b setup, would be a penny death experience.
Every little thing needs to be pioneered and a thousand and one little expenses come up.

Not saying K24 is cheap or easy, though.

[whoosh!] please keep the list updated with your experiences. Very intereresting!

Nick.

whoosh!
17-12-2007, 10:20 PM
so in your guys opinion its do-able but its just gona take alot of mucking around

fatboyz39
18-12-2007, 07:56 AM
so in your guys opinion its do-able but its just gona take alot of mucking around

No to much mucking around. Mayb a few extra hours compared to B series conversion. Pretty much striaght forward. Just need to do some extra wiring and etc.

P/S and A/C are a no no LOL...