PDA

View Full Version : A little advice please.

r-r-redEuro
12-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Well heres the story, ive had my euro for about 6 months now and im really bored of the whole fact that its an auto.
I regret not getting a manual and want to sell this car for a dc5R or S but my rents wont let me.
so i came to the conclusion as my bday is coming up with christmas to change my transmission to a manual and this is where i want your advice on this.
Is it worth the money and trouble to go through with this ? or should i just wait and spend that money on something else ?

yourfather
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
sell your car and buy a manual, or put up with the fact you made a mistake until its time to upgrade

johnprocter
12-12-2007, 11:04 PM
sell it, buy a manual, and buy extreme package from jtune with the extra $$ profit..

r-r-redEuro
12-12-2007, 11:50 PM
but is it worth the trouble and money to change my transmission from auto to manual ? my rents dont want me to get a manual but they know they cant stop me so thats why i ask.

akina
12-12-2007, 11:57 PM
i'm going through the exact same stage as u :)

But now I have to wait 3 months b4 I can do anything (suspended)...
I really like the Ltd Ed model... wonder if anyone would actually swap a ltd ed manual for auto... lol im dreaming.

Really... sell it and buy a new one :thumbsup: much more convenience, less hassle.

r-r-redEuro
13-12-2007, 12:01 AM
i know much more convience akina but the thing is my car is like new had it since may and only done 8800km. :S thats why im asking is it worth all the trouble and money to change it from auto to manual ? even so what are the procedures that i need to do if i wanna follow it up ? would anyone like to at least point me in the direction besides the one of " sell it and buy a new car "

Bayani
13-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Seems as though you've made your mind up about it. :)

Conversion = Labour Costs + Parts Costs + Your time without a car

Sell / Swap = Transfer Costs

johnprocter
13-12-2007, 12:36 AM
whats the big downside of auto anyway? its tiptronic isnt it?

akina
13-12-2007, 01:26 AM
to me... the main downside to auto is ITS SLOWER!!!

and Manual = much more fun than Auto.

tip-tronic... its just not manual no matter how close it is... and it really not that "fun"

and the question... "is ur car manual?".... nah its auto =.=... "o"...

snYpz
13-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Conversion just costs waaaay too much.
If you guys like the limited edition, why not sell ur car and get maybe the older model euro? Then get the genuine euro-r kit lol with the extra bit of cash :P

dwn_boi
13-12-2007, 08:40 AM
to me... the main downside to auto is ITS SLOWER!!!

and Manual = much more fun than Auto.

tip-tronic... its just not manual no matter how close it is... and it really not that "fun"

and the question... "is ur car manual?".... nah its auto =.=... "o"...

lmfao that is soOo true, i love sayin "yUp its a manual!!" somehow the person askin gains a lil more respect for you :D

i'd say, forget about tryin to convert to manual! so many headaches!! like everyone else says sell it and buy a manual. lik the previous points listed, you have to have time without ur car, parts, labour and what if someting were to go wrong? personaly i'd definantly sell and buy manual!

goodluck!:wave:

simonnowis
13-12-2007, 08:43 AM
conversion to a manual from auto is too much work and money, plus cuz the euro in general is fairly new finding the parts might be a hassel.
if you got the cash$$$ and can get hold of or know of parts for the conversion go for it.
otherwise much better off selling and buying a manual you'll save more money this way no matter how much you love your current car. the money you save up can be spent on the new one..

tron07
13-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Get the std manual... its the fastest of the lot....

industrie
13-12-2007, 01:07 PM
this is a pretty much stupid thread, if you want manual, sell the damn car, buy a manual...easy, simple no fuss...conversion? your car is brand new? who the hell does a transmission conversion on such a new car that would cost you $$$$ and waste of time and money better spent elsewhere...if you have alot of money you wouldnt have bought a euro in the first place...anyhow t he point being is SELL the auto, BUY the manual version, or buy another manual car!

Pumped
13-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Theres way to much involved in a conversion to make it feasible.
The cost will far outweight the costs to convert to manual and from my experience with manual conversions on multiple cars they never really seem to drive the same as a car thats done from factory.

I think the only choice is to either Sell your car and buy a manual euro or just live with it how it is and upgrade down the track!

J-TODA
13-12-2007, 03:24 PM
as u said "phase"...it could pass as u get more and more used to ur car...perhaps jst wait for a while ( couple of months ) b4 any final decisions are made ...it must be strictly ur own choice and dont let others influence ur decision...such as mates all driving manual...

also if and when u decide u absolutely want manual...both choices are a hassle... doing a auto to manual conversion...will take both $$$ and patience...esp for a new euro such as urs...if u decide to sell and repurchase ull lose alot of money....and maybe also be quite difficult to find same model..colour...similar kms as urs...

however if it was my decision id go for the sale and repurchase...less hassle i guess

gl :)

johnprocter
13-12-2007, 03:33 PM
as u said "phase"...it could pass as u get more and more used to ur car...perhaps jst wait for a while ( couple of months ) b4 any final decisions are made ...it must be strictly ur own choice and dont let others influence ur decision...such as mates all driving manual...

also if and when u decide u absolutely want manual...both choices are a hassle... doing a auto to manual conversion...will take both $$$ and patience...esp for a new euro such as urs...if u decide to sell and repurchase ull lose alot of money....and maybe also be quite difficult to find same model..colour...similar kms as urs...

however if it was my decision id go for the sale and repurchase...less hassle i guess

gl :)

i'm pretty sure he'd gain money if he sold and bought.. last time i checked manuals are cheaper then autos smart guy

Pumped
13-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Youve still gotta pay changeover fees, change insurance, registrations, duties, etc etc

I think it would cost money to change over

BusterSonic12
13-12-2007, 03:37 PM
i was in your boat back like 2months ago.
now the euro's sold. it's only 1.5yrs old. with satnav and everything.
i thought about convertin but too much money and time. so just buy another euro.
for me, i m going for S2000

J-TODA
13-12-2007, 04:19 PM
i'm pretty sure he'd gain money if he sold and bought.. last time i checked manuals are cheaper then autos smart guy

not realli deres about a 2kish differnce manual from auto?? and price depreciation starts straight away when u leave a dealer + wat pumped said....so he would lose money...if he gets same model,colour,similar specs...smart guy

neborama
13-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I drove my car out of the dealer, 2 weeks later .. asked him to buy it back he said "Sure i'll give you $30K for it .. ahaha and it literally had 1000kms on it.

I'm in the same boat as you man. Shoulda got the manual!
Only option would be to sell it privately and hopefully get $33-34K for it and top it off with another $4K and get a $38,XXX K Luxury Drive away ..

Any1 want my car? lol =(

tony1234
13-12-2007, 05:10 PM
There's no discussion required.The ONLY viable way to do this is to sell your car and hopefully you can pick up a manual version of what you have that is approx.the same age/Ks.as yours.

akina
13-12-2007, 05:43 PM
haha yea,

Anyone have a black limited edition manual with roughly 11,000kms on it would like to swap for my auto?
I've taken good care of the car! lol

I like the ltd ed, coz for the interior and exterior of the sport look. the normal std ones just dont satisfy me.

BusterSonic12
13-12-2007, 07:50 PM
haha yea,

Anyone have a black limited edition manual with roughly 11,000kms on it would like to swap for my auto?
I've taken good care of the car! lol

I like the ltd ed, coz for the interior and exterior of the sport look. the normal std ones just dont satisfy me.

get standard then order a euroR kit.

blk05gli
14-12-2007, 09:15 AM
do the conversion man, be a pioneer, so that we may all learn !!!!

r-r-redEuro
14-12-2007, 11:16 AM
From everyones opinions i dont know if i should go through it, but no one has given me a price of how much it would roughly cost up too.
Another reason why i want to keep the euro is because it is the sport edition. Yeah i can buy a standard manual but the interior is so much different, from the dashboard colour to the half leather interior.
And its hard to find a car thats the same model as mine for roughly the same price also as no one wants to sell a car that new. so i'll probably give it another half a year or so til i make up my mind on it or make up my mind on buying a new car also gives me time to save up if i choose to buy a new car.

one4spl
14-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Manuals resale seems a lot lower than autos, from my experience of buying a second hand 05 lux...

Conversion is a fools game, given that theres plenty of manuals out there.

You will need LOTs of parts, gearbox, ECU, dash, instruments, ALL DIFFERENT.

You will end up with a bitsa that no-one in their right mind would buy off you, if you ended up with a working car at all, that is.

350G
14-12-2007, 12:37 PM
sell it and get another car with manual
since your car is brand new, doing the auto -> manual will depreciate yr car a lot more and problem MAY come up.

DLRioM
14-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Your not getting his question........He cant sell the car cos its actually his mummy and daddys. He wants to know how much itll cost to convert so he can get on his hands and knees and beg them for xmas......

My advice.....start saving ur pennies for ur own manual car

akina
14-12-2007, 05:40 PM
get standard then order a euroR kit.

As redeuro has said, its not just the euroR kit.

Its the whole package the sport edition gives (interior/exterior).