PDA

View Full Version : Will 282mm Rotors + Spoon 4 Pots Fit under 15inch Rims

Sexc86
13-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Hey guys

basically as title asks, is there a minimum wheel size that is needed for 282mm rotors and Spoon 4 pot calipers? Should they be find under my buddyclub P1 15's?

Lyle

Sexc86
13-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Also any know the legalities of buying blank rotors and haveing them drilled in your Prefered Stud Pattern? ie 4x100 ?

EG5
13-12-2007, 08:01 AM
you can buy proper 4x100 282mm disc
what offset is your buddyclub rims ?
it cleared our spoon caliper + project mu 282mm disc with 15x7 + 35 offset buddyclub QF rims

BlitZ
13-12-2007, 08:37 AM
282mm is just ITR size ... ITR rotors with spoon calipers will fit behind 15's...all depends on offset.

I dont think there is a difference in drilling 4x100 blanks than buying them off the shelf.

Limbo
13-12-2007, 12:29 PM
it just saves in the hassel that's all.

282mm is just ITR size ... ITR rotors with spoon calipers will fit behind 15's...all depends on offset.

I dont think there is a difference in drilling 4x100 blanks than buying them off the shelf.

Sexc86
13-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Rims are 15 x 6.5 42 offset. Will these clear the calipers / rotors? if not can i use Spacers? Is this legal? and if i use spacers will i need longer wheel studs etc?

buying blank Dba Slotted and drilling them at 4x100 is much cheaper then buying factory 4x100 282mm rotors..

Also the Spoon Calipers, are they strait bolt on with the factory brake lines?

Spoon DA9R
13-12-2007, 05:55 PM
doubt u'll clear with +42, u'll need spacer if u don't wanna change rims, and i would strongly suggest getting longer studs u don't have to but i strongly suggest it

i had to change my brake lines when i change the spoon caliper before

Sexc86
13-12-2007, 06:14 PM
what do you mean change your brake lines? as in to a higher grade line? or did you have to get lines with specific fittings to attach to the spoon calipers? also where can i get longer studs from?

Perry
13-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Rims are 15 x 6.5 42 offset. Will these clear the calipers / rotors? if not can i use Spacers? Is this legal? and if i use spacers will i need longer wheel studs etc?

buying blank Dba Slotted and drilling them at 4x100 is much cheaper then buying factory 4x100 282mm rotors..

Also the Spoon Calipers, are they strait bolt on with the factory brake lines?

You will need spacers

Spoon DA9R
13-12-2007, 06:28 PM
what do you mean change your brake lines? as in to a higher grade line? or did you have to get lines with specific fittings to attach to the spoon calipers? also where can i get longer studs from?

u can get the longer studs from jdm yard....

if i remember correct i change to braided lines coz they are better and also the connection point is different but i m not 100% sure..i sold mine to yonas..just pm him about the longer studs and ask him about the fittings...

Sexc86
13-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Im sure people out there have tried this combination? does anyone know what size spacers i will need? and if i will need to studs with the spacers? Also As the Calipers will suit Dc2 (mounting wise) will these suit Regular Eg, provided you have 282mm rotors?

(keeping in mind i am useing Rays wheel studs that are cone shaped at the end that stick in a bit further then normal)

Limbo
13-12-2007, 11:42 PM
you will need spacers cos i don't see you grinding down spoon calipers to make them fit.
Its actually due to the ITR rotors which all the 282mm rotors are based on (i.e prelude & CRV are the same). It sits 2.5mm inwards causing the calipers not to fit. On the ITR and prelude the hub sits that 2.5mm inwards to fix this problem. With a civic it doesn't.

I noticed this just putting on ITR calipers, your normal calipers won't even fit when you put the rotors on.

You can get a 3mm spacer machined to fit inbetween the hub & the inside of the rotor, so diameter is the inside of your rotor (can't rem what it is now). Normal spacers are too large in diameter, as they go outside the rotor and between the wheel, cos they are only designed to keeps wheels from rubbing not to put on bigger calipers. Your issue is more to do with the caliper being able to fit at all and then work out if the wheels will fit later

you won't need longer studs and 3mm is nothing

Wheel fitting will depend on the design of the wheel also. But i was able to put the ITR rotors with the ITR caliper on my stock 15s so i don't see why you wouldn't. Also i've seen the spoon calipers on stock ITR rims which are 15" also.

If the wheels don't fit then you will need additional spacers on the outside of the rotors, then you might need longer studs.
Only way to know for sure is to trial fit them yourself, cos i didn't realise, that alot of what people told me was not entirely true, and that they were generally what they heard from from other people who had done them. Like use a 'spacer'. Until i did it myself i didn't know that standard spacers don't work, until after i brought them and then tried to fit them on.

Sexc86
14-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Hey limbo... thanks for all that info man! im cant see it in my head what your talking about at the start? needing the spacer between your rotor and the hub. possibly can you draw up a diagram?

anyone know where to get spacers off the shelf? and this problem would it only really apply to 5inch wheels with a 42 offset? as i have my 20 x 7.5 40 offset too i need to consider?

i guess the catch is... how big the spacer will need to be? ie.. if its too big not enough thred will clear the rim. Which means new threds, extra work and a bigger cost :( really hope i can just use an external spacer and use the factory studs. (the holes on the wheel are "coned" inwards as well as the rays wheels studs )

BlitZ
14-12-2007, 08:29 AM
all dpends on wheel design and offset.. you will be hard pressed to find someone to have exactly the same combo as you.

as yonas said it will fit behind +35 offset 15" wheels.. i presume that would be proabably 7"wide. Base you calculations of your wheels on that . Even with that said it will also vary as the design of wheels are different

you have just got to try it..

Limbo
14-12-2007, 08:31 AM
The spacer will need to go inside your rotor, so that it will extend the rotor out 2.5mm. You can just use a 3mm spacer machined. They cost $20 from most performance stores. I know autobarn has them or EBay also sells them.

With 20" you will have no problems clearing the caliper cos they are huge.

Yeah the calipers top bit sometimes rubs slightly against the wheel. For stock rotors i've grinded off about 1-2mm off the top of the caliper. For spoon ones i don't think you should.

BlitZ
14-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah the calipers top bit sometimes rubs slightly against the wheel. For stock rotors i've grinded off about 1-2mm off the top of the caliper. For spoon ones i don't think you should.

it cant really be compared... there is 2 ways to install the ITR calper.. 1 way is to grind the mount face the other is to grind the non mount face.

I didn't have to grind anything on my outter side or top..

Spoon is custom bolt on and will again sit different

Sexc86
14-12-2007, 03:48 PM
What is the Difference between the monoblock and the twin block? as i believe they are both made for strait bolt on for the dc2r?

panda[cRx]
14-12-2007, 04:20 PM
you can buy proper 4x100 282mm disc

from who? got a part number?

i called around ages ago looking for 'blank' or 4x100 282mm discs and couldnt find any. most people end up redrilling lude or itr discs

Sexc86
14-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Panda... Man i know what you mean.. I called 2 Dba distributers for them to only say Blanks or 4x100 282mm rotors did not exist. However i purchased these from another member on here...

282mm Slotted Blank Rotors :D for a fraction of the price of those musecret. But will be $80.00 To Drill both rotors 4x100 PCD

http://i14.tinypic.com/7wixnwl.jpg

thebob
14-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I may be wrong but
Monoblock - One solid piece and will not fit under 15's. Found on EP3, S2000, Accord, DC5
Twinblock - Brake is in 2 peices, spilts in half, will fit in 15 inch wheel. EK9, EG, ITR 96 - 2000.

Both are 4 pot.

Sexc86
14-12-2007, 08:55 PM
If i put a spacer Between the Rotor and the hub wont that mean the Disc will sit unevenly between the Caliper?

thebob
14-12-2007, 09:21 PM
yes. thats right.

Sexc86
14-12-2007, 09:39 PM
^ So i shouldnt consider puttin a spacer between the hub and the rotor? only the rotor and the wheels?

Nepolian
14-12-2007, 10:59 PM
^ So i shouldnt consider puttin a spacer between the hub and the rotor? only the rotor and the wheels?

I might be wrong? But you seem a little confused.

Issue 1 - Spacer go between the hub and the disc to line disc up with the caliper.

Issue 2 - Spacer go between the disc and the wheel to clear the wheel from hitting the caliper.

Issue 3 - Wheather you need spacers or not depends on the wheels you have and not dependant on offset.

As you can see with most perfromance jap wheels they have alot of clearance in the design of the spokes, so that they still have high offset and clear calipers.

:)

Sexc86
15-12-2007, 01:29 AM
thanks for the info mate^... guess its just wait and see now

Sexc86
24-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Will know the outcome for sure soon... Spoon twin Blocks with buddyclub p1s 15inch 42 offset...

im certain i will need a spacer.. but anyone got any definate info from attempting this?

fatboyz39
24-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Will know the outcome for sure soon... Spoon twin Blocks with buddyclub p1s 15inch 42 offset...

im certain i will need a spacer.. but anyone got any definate info from attempting this?

you need at least 5mm if not 10mm spacers. Remeber to extend the wheel stud.