PDA

View Full Version : Suspension question........

amirul
13-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I want to know, does the stock S2K suspension able to adjust the camber??

sorry for the lame question, but as some of u know i new to Honda/S2K.

Reason i asked bcuz the rear left tyres worn out wayyyyyy quicker than the rest!!!

i realise that the rear left squat in more than the right side. SO yea anyhelp will much apprecite it.:thumbsup:

ludecrs
13-12-2007, 10:38 PM
S2000 has its own camber adjust, yes.

amirul
14-12-2007, 10:55 AM
thanx heaps man

BLE5SD_S2K
17-12-2007, 09:57 PM
sweet az....i was thinking the same thing because mine looks like one wheel is more cambered than the other one

amirul
21-12-2007, 09:00 AM
we have the same problem dude hahahahah..............

WhiteAP1
22-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Maybe its got something to do with those anchors you call rims? :)

BLE5SD_S2K
24-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Maybe its got something to do with those anchors you call rims? :)

LOL......our anchors attract the girls though....;)

markoJEK1
24-12-2007, 06:10 PM
just go and get a wheel alignment and it should even out on the tread wear

amirul
24-12-2007, 09:29 PM
LOL......our anchors attract the girls though....;)

bloody oath..........in other word, Pussy magnet lol............hahahah:p

.::F[L]Y::.
25-12-2007, 12:16 AM
can ppl post up there alignment specs? might help others....

markoJEK1
25-12-2007, 06:50 AM
I would say something along the lines of ... 0.5mm - 1mm total, front toe-in, 1mm-2mm total, rear toe-in, camber adjustment will be more tricky due to height of car and size of rims obviously, but those specs I do on all the cars that come in for wheel alignment, hope that helps, checking with honda specs would be the safest way

amirul
27-12-2007, 12:06 PM
^ thanx for that man!

DNTBLO_S2k
27-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey Amirul Where U Gonna Get It Done At? Can Just Any Wheel Shop Do This? What Wheels Did U Get Now?

amirul
28-12-2007, 08:34 AM
pretty sure any wheels shop can do wheels alignment.

im doing mine @ ozzy tyres. only cuz INJEKTD doesnt have wheels aligment machine.

is that yours S2K on the avatar??

look phat. i want DC04 but already got em on my rexy lol.......

i got 20" ALBA BLVD.

DNTBLO_S2k
28-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeh Thats Mine, Hey Louie Said You Sold Your Wheels, I Would Swap You For The Blvds. Seen Your Rex Man The Wheels Look Hot How Much Did Qs Charge U To Do That?

amirul
28-12-2007, 11:12 PM
nah, i still got the BLVD for S2K........was gonna sell it but couldnot find any other rims that i reckon suit the S2K as sexy as BLVD.

post some pics of ur S2K!

would love to see bigger pics of it.........

TODA AU
31-12-2007, 10:10 AM
I want to know, does the stock S2K suspension able to adjust the camber??

sorry for the lame question, but as some of u know i new to Honda/S2K.

Reason i asked bcuz the rear left tyres worn out wayyyyyy quicker than the rest!!!

i realise that the rear left squat in more than the right side. SO yea anyhelp will much apprecite it.:thumbsup:

When you lower the S2K on the deck, the rear wheels not only get loads of neg camber, the rear wheels also toe out.
Not only does this give negative handling charateristics, it casues exsessive tire wear.

To sit the car on the the deck & retain good handling & tyre wear, you'll need the following parts. (or similar) as the standard adjustment is insufficient to overcome the total neg camber & toe out delivered by exessive lowering.

The rear toe problem can be overcome by use of http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/images/product_notice/new_parts/images/50209-3.jpg adjustable rear toe rods.

The camber in the rear is corrected using http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/images/product_notice/new_parts/images/50209-5.jpg adjustable rear upper arms.

For the front Neg camber adjustment is best acheived, http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/images/product_notice/new_parts/images/50209-2.jpg using adjustable front upper arms.

There are replacements for all arms available, allowing correction of roll centre, camber, toe & castor.
These Ikeya Formula products are what we've used in our sponsored S2K to correct these issues combined with TODA Fightex EX dampers.

Though the bodywork is still being finnished off, here's a sneek peek of what it'll look like.
(Steve the body shaping guru is in the background)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7431&d=1199058757

If the above mentioned type fix for chamber & toe is out of your budget,
Though there are probably less reliable methods available, it would probably be best to simpley raise the ride height to bring the suspension to within the range of the factory adjustment points to acheive acceptable tire wear.
Hope that is of interest or help,
Cheers

Adrian

-parkes-
02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
:eek:

man... i'm sooo tempted to do custom bodywork... that should look awesome when your finished... be sure to post up pictures :thumbsup:

CRXONE
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Here's my situation:

I bought a set of Eichbach springs that were supposed to lower my car 1.5inches, however it seems to be more like 3 inches and after 1 year the new camber has chewed through $1400 worth of tires (2 were half worn and the other 4 brand new Bridgestone tyres fukd up within 6 months.

The front tyres are down to the canvas on the inside but the outside are hardly worn at all.

Not the mention the rears, they are hardly as f*ked as the front but still extremely bad.

It now seems that to lower the S2k without wearing out tires I'll need to spend $800 on these parts above and then new tyres??

Why didnt i just stick with the stock springs!!!!! What a headache.

Has anyone else experienced this??

vyets
09-04-2009, 10:54 AM
It's because your useing lowering springs on stock shocks it will wear out the shocks quicker, and cause your suspension to sag. Change in suspension = change to aligment.
I'm running -2.5degrees camber on the rear and my last set of re001 were wearing perfectly. I was running 0 toe but. And i Just have coilovers no arms.

CRXONE
09-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread guys.

I'm totally confused now.

aznsiko
09-04-2009, 09:04 PM
When you lower the S2K on the deck, the rear wheels not only get loads of neg camber, the rear wheels also toe out.
Not only does this give negative handling charateristics, it casues exsessive tire wear.

To sit the car on the the deck & retain good handling & tyre wear, you'll need the following parts. (or similar) as the standard adjustment is insufficient to overcome the total neg camber & toe out delivered by exessive lowering.

The rear toe problem can be overcome by use of http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/images/product_notice/new_parts/images/50209-3.jpg adjustable rear toe rods.

The camber in the rear is corrected using http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/images/product_notice/new_parts/images/50209-5.jpg adjustable rear upper arms.

For the front Neg camber adjustment is best acheived, http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/images/product_notice/new_parts/images/50209-2.jpg using adjustable front upper arms.

There are replacements for all arms available, allowing correction of roll centre, camber, toe & castor.
These Ikeya Formula products are what we've used in our sponsored S2K to correct these issues combined with TODA Fightex EX dampers.

Though the bodywork is still being finnished off, here's a sneek peek of what it'll look like.
(Steve the body shaping guru is in the background)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7431&d=1199058757

If the above mentioned type fix for chamber & toe is out of your budget,
Though there are probably less reliable methods available, it would probably be best to simpley raise the ride height to bring the suspension to within the range of the factory adjustment points to acheive acceptable tire wear.
Hope that is of interest or help,
Cheers

Adrian

hahah lol great up selling mate..

Mr_will
09-04-2009, 09:41 PM

up selling is when you have an initial sale, and you add onto it - clearly that isnt the case here.

in any case i thought it was a useful and informative post :thumbsup:

ludecrs
09-04-2009, 10:37 PM
up selling is when you have an initial sale, and you add onto it - clearly that isnt the case here.

in any case i thought it was a useful and informative post :thumbsup:

hence why it wasn't deleted :thumbsup:

STiR
09-04-2009, 10:42 PM
You don't need to get adjustable arms for s2k, it has enough adjustment stock. Lesson is, don't lower the car to the point where you have no more adjustment...

Also get a proper alignment and upgrade your shocks if youre spending the money getting springs fitted. Even if you're not, upgrade them anyway, you'll be more comfortable over bumps and it will handle better!

IF20CI
25-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Adrian,

would u be able to tell me how much is the Rear control arm. pls PM me. thanks.