PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Mega Power Exhaust

racerwannabe
13-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi, i have been searching for an aftermarket exhaust system at a reasonable price for a while now. Unfortunately I dont have that much money to spend on mods :( Anyways i found that a lot of people here have either Greddy, BuddyClub, Mugen, Fujitsbo, 5zigen etc. These are great but they are over 1k. I found on ebay that the skunk2 mega power exhaust can be had for around $850 (AUD) including shipping. This got me tempted so i want to know if anyone here has this system or if you have heard or read any reviews on this exhaust. Thanks.

johnprocter
13-12-2007, 08:49 PM
wow 850? can you link me please

IndoStyler
13-12-2007, 09:04 PM
i have this exhaust on my del sol....it sounds pretty nice across the rev range, but it it pretty loud when vtec kicks in....i got defected with this exhaust b4....but it is quiet for a canon style muffler when udrive like a granny

at first i didnt like how it sounded, but i like it now....i've got it with a dc sports 4>1 header and metal hi flow cat combo...pretty good combo for my b16a del sol if i must say so

johnprocter
13-12-2007, 09:08 PM
it comes with a silencer i just saw guess thats handy with the stupid NSW laws

racerwannabe
13-12-2007, 09:17 PM
here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Skunk2-Mega-Power-Exhaust-Acura-TSX-03-05-04-Dual_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQihZ014QQite mZ330193865666QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

you should note that it is just standard intl shipping and they dont offer insurance which is really unfortunate. Otherwise this is one of the cheapest exhausts for the euro that is available on ebay.

CL9-K24A3
14-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi, i have been searching for an aftermarket exhaust system at a reasonable price for a while now. Unfortunately I dont have that much money to spend on mods :( Anyways i found that a lot of people here have either Greddy, BuddyClub, Mugen, Fujitsbo, 5zigen etc. These are great but they are over 1k. I found on ebay that the skunk2 mega power exhaust can be had for around $850 (AUD) including shipping. This got me tempted so i want to know if anyone here has this system or if you have heard or read any reviews on this exhaust. Thanks.

i am using skunk2 catback exhaust now.and overall is good:thumbsup:.the price is reasonable and not that expensive like other brands but the quality is very good if you compare to other brands.its a bit noise but i like the deep tone sound.especially when your car in the high rev or hit the vtec, its nice.
when you drive like granny like IndoStyler said its true, its not loud at all.

i heard from a lot of ppl, they said that Skunk2 catback gain a bit more power compare to fujitsubo,tanabe, 5Zigen (am not sure which type), or greddy.but its not a lot.maybe around 2/3hp @the wheels but its more noise cause the piping is more straight flow which is mean better air flow.

here are some of the examples of the accord euro or TSX with skunk2 catback sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duwgPjLKdm4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1glx8xUPa0E&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAHB6MQM-iw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWnUqvjCLDI&feature=related

johnprocter
14-12-2007, 07:19 PM
wow i really like the sound on it..
did yours come with silencer?

CL9-K24A3
14-12-2007, 07:24 PM
wow i really like the sound on it..
did yours come with silencer?

yes it come with the silencer.but i never use the silencer.cause when you use the silencer you will lose power and i dont like the sound when you using the silencer and looks ugly from the back.

EuroAccord13
14-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Adammet04 has the system, I fitted it for him and I must say, the quality is up there with the best... Only drawback is, it's loud because it's a free flow straight-through system...But on another note, it comes with resonators so you can silence the system abeit a minor negligible loss of power....

EUR003act
15-12-2007, 05:07 PM
anyone have video clips of euro with tannabe tourer exhaust?

mmm skunk2 sounds soooo hot, but im a lil concerced about cruising drone :(

Suntzu
15-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Hmm skunk looks good but a cannon rear look makes it too ricer/lancer for me.

Good price and quality but. Can one install it oneself?

Pumped
15-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Pretty damn easy to install a cat back yourself :)

EuroAccord13
15-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Pretty damn easy to install a cat back yourself :)

Safety first.... Always make sure you have the right tools for the job....

Dru42
09-03-2008, 07:37 PM
a noob question so please dont flame..
Drone/ crusing drone? whats that?

As im looking at this exhaust atm. is it that loud?? or is it ok for normal daily driving??
cos i did a search with other exhaust like fujitsubo and tanabe... so hard ot decide, i want a nice note thats not too loud when under normal driving... i like the not of the fujitsubo one as well but i think its the most expensive of them all...

hooyn
09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
a noob question so please dont flame..
Drone/ crusing drone? whats that?

As im looking at this exhaust atm. is it that loud?? or is it ok for normal daily driving??
cos i did a search with other exhaust like fujitsubo and tanabe... so hard ot decide, i want a nice note thats not too loud when under normal driving... i like the not of the fujitsubo one as well but i think its the most expensive of them all...

Fujistubo is the way to go imo, i've heard it on a few euros.. very quiet when cruising and sounds nice when your WOTing. Or you can go HKS silent hi power, the name speaks for itself.

EuroAccord13
09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Exhaust drone is a very consistant and steady tone that resonates into the cabin and may be rather annoying to some drivers, mostly to passengers in the back seat...

Skunk2's system is loud, amongst the various brands tested, they are one of the best ones in scavenging of exhaust flow (not comparing against race size i.e 70mm piping). The system includes a pair of butt plugs for a quieter drive :)

Fujitsubo actually delivered the lowest gains hence the quieter tone.

Dru42
09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for that euroaccord13!!
butt plugs haha so hard when you cant hear it in person!

hooyn - you have the fujitsubo dont you? arent you in brisbane? if so id love to go for a ride and have a listen

hooyn
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for that euroaccord13!!
butt plugs haha so hard when you cant hear it in person!

hooyn - you have the fujitsubo dont you? arent you in brisbane? if so id love to go for a ride and have a listen

hey man yeap in brisbane, but no i dont have it i decided to go for looks first so i got some new sussy set up. :D

but i am pretty sure that fujistubo is the way to go if you are after stealth but its got the lowest gains as euroaccord13 said :thumbsup:

Dru42
09-03-2008, 07:59 PM
true, what sus did you get if u dont mind goin off topic for a sec....

yeah sacafice some power for quietness, i think i can live with that..

johnprocter
09-03-2008, 08:07 PM
i love the sound of a beasty exhaust wohhhhhhmmmmmmmmp

hooyn
09-03-2008, 08:15 PM
true, what sus did you get if u dont mind goin off topic for a sec....

yeah sacafice some power for quietness, i think i can live with that..

picked up a set of tein ss of max hondapower and should be arriving on wednesday, hopefully going to be able to DIY :p.

Dru42
09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
sweet as!! let us know how it goes and a ride too hehe as im looking at coilovers too haha

hooyn
09-03-2008, 08:32 PM
sweet as!! let us know how it goes and a ride too hehe as im looking at coilovers too haha

yeah yeah sure thing man :) i cant wait for em to come and be installed XD ... anyways back on topic.. :p

r-r-redEuro
09-03-2008, 10:35 PM
i would make a video of my exhaust, but i find it pointless because on my exhaust system.
everything is stock except the exhaust, once i change my headers and take out the resonator it will make a sexier sound then it does now. lol

BusterSonic12
10-03-2008, 04:31 PM
looks good =)

Dru42
10-03-2008, 04:57 PM
i would make a video of my exhaust, but i find it pointless because on my exhaust system.
everything is stock except the exhaust, once i change my headers and take out the resonator it will make a sexier sound then it does now. lol

could you post up a pic? looks good from ur avatar

r-r-redEuro
10-03-2008, 08:32 PM
could you post up a pic? looks good from ur avatar

here you go
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x94/EuroR88/Photo-0036.jpg

power_of_dreams
10-03-2008, 08:43 PM
whats your setup man?

Dru42
11-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Thats Sexy!!

Suntzu
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
A recording from inside while driving would make you the forum king this week. I like the look of your setup. Very nice.

r-r-redEuro
11-03-2008, 05:14 PM
A recording from inside while driving would make you the forum king this week. I like the look of your setup. Very nice.

lol rep me rep me =P haha. i'll see if i remember and take my sisters camera and do a little video. or soemthing

ALN
11-03-2008, 05:55 PM

I would guess you should use dynamat on the rear floor or trunk if you planned to take out the resonator or go with high flow cat tho. :D

r-r-redEuro
11-03-2008, 05:57 PM
yeah pretty much lol, i got a sound system in the car as well lol im having 2nd thoughts about going with a high flow cat but still considering taking out the resonator. WHich one would be the better way, take them both out or which one to leave in ?

EUR003act
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I would guess you should use dynamat on the rear floor or trunk if you planned to take out the resonator or go with high flow cat tho. :D

Like so:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSCF1751Medium.jpg

:D ive been meaning to make a DIY up for it... just PM me if you got questions

yeah pretty much lol, i got a sound system in the car as well lol im having 2nd thoughts about going with a high flow cat but still considering taking out the resonator. WHich one would be the better way, take them both out or which one to leave in ?

i took out both... but it sounded like SH*t... so i got a hotdog put in (straight thru design, no back pressure, but good sound deadening)

maybe got a lil bit more power... but no point changing exhaust if its skill all getting backed up in the cat.... hiflow metallic cat is the way to go.... more expensive, but youll get better gains :D

r-r-redEuro
11-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Like so:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSCF1751Medium.jpg

:D ive been meaning to make a DIY up for it... just PM me if you got questions

i took out both... but it sounded like SH*t... so i got a hotdog put in (straight thru design, no back pressure, but good sound deadening)

maybe got a lil bit more power... but no point changing exhaust if its skill all getting backed up in the cat.... hiflow metallic cat is the way to go.... more expensive, but youll get better gains :D

yeah but doesnt the highflow cat make your car so loud you can hear it from 2 blocks away ? lol i dont want no attention thats why, i want my car to be like a sleeper ROFL even though its not lol.

EUR003act
12-03-2008, 06:59 AM
its only audible from two blocks away with a large exhaust.... im back to stock exhaust on mine.... and its alll induction noise now... with some header hiss and a lil bit extra out the back...

tron07
12-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Naaa.. Dynamat wouldnt really work...... I tried doing that to my previous Civic Coupe cause didnt really like the noise its making but to no avail thus I sold it....

click on my signature to see.

tony1234
12-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Just change your headers and leave the cat back stock and you'll be right.I've installed a Comptech header and left the cat back stock and there's hardly any increase in noise.If you want it quiet don't change the stock cat to a hi flow one.

BusterSonic12
12-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Just change your headers and leave the cat back stock and you'll be right.I've installed a Comptech header and left the cat back stock and there's hardly any increase in noise.If you want it quiet don't change the stock cat to a hi flow one.

nice tony!! is comptech back alive?? how's the header, where's the review on them :wave:

tony1234
12-03-2008, 05:47 PM
nice tony!! is comptech back alive?? how's the header, where's the review on them :wave:
Yeah they are(can get them for $760 approx. to your door) but i got mine 2nd.hand from a member here CL9-24A3(Tommy).Header is great value for the money.there's a noticeable difference in power right through the rev range,don't know how much but the butt dyno tells me it's a reasonable amount.Also hardly any difference in noise.:thumbsup:No hissing!

r-r-redEuro
12-03-2008, 08:40 PM
hey, would you rather have the comptech headers or todas i was just wondering because i wanna get a pair as well, maxim works are too expensive lol.

tony1234
13-03-2008, 06:39 AM
hey, would you rather have the comptech headers or todas i was just wondering because i wanna get a pair as well, maxim works are too expensive lol.
Well i paid $500 for mine(they were 6 mths.old) plus $100 to fit.Toda headers are about 3 times what i paid and i doubt they'd give 3 times the power.The Todas are better i'd say but value for money i think the Comptech are hard to beat.

mr747
13-03-2008, 10:26 AM
i like the sound of these headers i might call you tony

EUR003act
13-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Naaa.. Dynamat wouldnt really work...... I tried doing that to my previous Civic Coupe cause didnt really like the noise its making but to no avail thus I sold it....

click on my signature to see.

i stalled twice after installing the dynomat because i forgot the car was running.... i get no noise at all from the rear anymore... its all thru the firewall from the intake, or the windows/floor from the headers