PDA

View Full Version : Did you get seat covers for your Euro?

2008 Accord Euro
14-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Hi,

My Euro is only a few weeks old and was wondering if you guys got seat covers for your Euro when you just got it?

My Euro is the standard one. I was told two things by two different people.

The dealer said to use very thin layered seat covers as it may interfere with the srs airbags.

My mate told me based on the cloth seats, I shouldn't get seat covers as the material on the seat covers, can damage the cloth when rubbed against the cloth of the seat after sitting on the seat covers for a few years.

As this is my first new car, my aim is to protect the seats and anything that I can!

Should I get seat covers for my Euro? And if so, must I get really high quality ones?

Could you please suggest some good places to check out for seat covers?

Thanks in advance! :)

one4spl
14-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Do NOT put seat covers on a seat with airbags in it.

Didn't I tell you to read the manual already?

aaronng
14-12-2007, 02:14 PM
You don't need seat covers for the base Euro. Mine is a 2004 and the fabric is still good! I also park outside.

2008 Accord Euro
14-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Do NOT put seat covers on a seat with airbags in it.

Didn't I tell you to read the manual already?

Yeah I did read the manual stating that bit but the dealer also told me seat cover that weren't made of thick fabric would be fine...guess he wasn't giving me best advice for the car since he had already sold the car and received the $$.

Thanks mate, I'll stick with what the manual says!

2008 Accord Euro
14-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. Thats one less thing I need to add to my shopping list for the Euro now!!

glengowan
14-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I got sheepskin seat covers from Autobarn for 2007 Euro with approved side cutouts for airbags

one4spl
14-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Yetch, I'd pass, personally.

BiLL|z0r
15-12-2007, 08:06 AM
I also have seat covers on mine from Autobarn with holes on the side for the airbags.

Euro76
18-12-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't need seatcovers. Standard ones already more than good enough.

ok2
18-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I also have seat covers on mine from Autobarn with holes on the side for the airbags.
I'm interested. Questions

1) Were they "generic" or specific for the Euro
2) How good is the fit and finish
3) What did they cost (approx).
4) What was their "name"

Thanks in advance.

glengowan
18-12-2007, 04:21 PM
They were generic
Fit and finish is very good
I think they were $250
Can't remember name
Just ask for sheepskin seat covers for euro and they will show you that's what i did
I think there were 3 different wool lengths short medium and long, i got medium black, i think longer was more expensive, they have pockets at the back and small pockets at the front for phone, keys etc, much more comfortable than standard seats i love them, hope this is a help

BiLL|z0r
18-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Mine were just normal cloth material, about $80. Fit is good except for seat area since it dips, but you put your butt there so no biggy. If I took them off and refitted I'd prolly get a better fit.
Can't remember name as got them 2yrs ago.

Rein
19-12-2007, 12:24 AM
are the ones from ebay worth it?? you know the one with $499 price tag leather seat covers that "fit perfectly"

ozchilli
12-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi all, I am new to this forum here so be patient with me if you find my questions are silly.
I have just bought a used 2006 euro and it is black with beige interior similar if not the same to this one
http://www.redbook.com.au/Tig/UI/Pag...&tabID=1407517
I like the black exterior but not so fond of the light colored interior so any suggestion to what option do i have to get a darker interior trim. Is it worth just getting the seat covers (both front and rear) as it is the cheapest option or i should getting a re-trim?
Thanks in advance =)

buddah51au
13-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I also have the lambswool seat covers on my CU2 with the cutouts for the air bags. No problems with fit at all

kryptonite
13-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi all, I am new to this forum here so be patient with me if you find my questions are silly.
I have just bought a used 2006 euro and it is black with beige interior similar if not the same to this one
http://www.redbook.com.au/Tig/UI/Pag...&tabID=1407517
I like the black exterior but not so fond of the light colored interior so any suggestion to what option do i have to get a darker interior trim. Is it worth just getting the seat covers (both front and rear) as it is the cheapest option or i should getting a re-trim?
Thanks in advance =)

im the opposite of u.

03 blue with black interior.

i would have preferred a white or black with beige int.

corb13
14-07-2010, 12:47 PM
i have seat covers just a generic pair not sheeps wool but cloth( or whatever they are), which pretty much matches the colour of the beige interior.... fit is decent due to the wide bucket style of the euros... paid 60 bucks for them from auto barn, just a piece of mind thing for me but each of their own

d_evilz
15-07-2010, 09:20 AM
no seat cover here, lol
love my leather trim :D

praja6
15-07-2010, 11:12 PM
HI guys, just read regarding camry, they make seat covers for front seats which is compatible with the airbags...Seems like they specially made seat covers for front seats that will burst when deploy the airbags....WHy not Honda makes similar like that?