PDA

View Full Version : Another part fell off my 2006 Civic!?

chylld
15-12-2007, 02:06 PM
can anyone identify what this is??

http://temp.jw.id.au/bracket.jpg

bennjamin
15-12-2007, 02:31 PM
that , is your VTEC. IT just fell off.

clayton4115
15-12-2007, 02:35 PM
you gotta be smart like me! never never ever buy a new car with the first generation model!

this is the first batch of the 8th Gen ofcourse there are going to have problems,

i got a 7th Gen but the last model! Dec 2005 and she goes beautifully!!!!

Bob san
15-12-2007, 03:58 PM
did that fall off from the outside or inside?

chylld
15-12-2007, 04:07 PM
the outside. i've never seen a part like it before. there is a possibility that it isn't from the car, however the fact that it was found under my car can't be ignored.

iirc there are a few honda techs on this board. i'm hoping someone can identify it soon in case it's important!

dmx
15-12-2007, 06:44 PM
you gotta be smart like me! never never ever buy a new car with the first generation model!

this is the first batch of the 8th Gen ofcourse there are going to have problems,

:)after another 2months(new model release), ur car's price would jump down freely:)

the outside. i've never seen a part like it before. there is a possibility that it isn't from the car, however the fact that it was found under my car can't be ignored.

iirc there are a few honda techs on this board. i'm hoping someone can identify it soon in case it's important!
just bring that part to ur dealer

ryanc
15-12-2007, 11:38 PM

that's really going to help the original poster's concerns... lol
anyways not too sure what it is???

Samo
16-12-2007, 02:04 AM

lmao

dats so helpful coming a mod

koj
16-12-2007, 03:38 AM

dont worry, they will change it to an i-dtec unit :D

bennjamin
16-12-2007, 05:31 PM
lol sorry guys - i beat yall to it.

Seriously tho , did the part just appear underneath over night ? OR did you see it drop while driving etc ?

chylld
16-12-2007, 06:16 PM
just bring that part to ur dealer

after having had to raise a scene at my last dealership visit to get some service, i'm not too keen on returning to honda at all. that said it is the most sensible course of action; however the car isn't making that many new funny sounds so i'll leave it until the next scheduled service.

Seriously tho , did the part just appear underneath over night ? OR did you see it drop while driving etc ?

i didn't see it drop while driving, it pretty much appeared underneath overnight. i've checked everything i own for what it could possibly be and turned up empty :( it is a fairly small part (13cm long, 11cm wide, 2mm thick) so at first i didn't think it was from the car; however now there is no other explanation :confused:

aaronng
16-12-2007, 07:26 PM
It could have been on the ground before you got home and parked your car over it.

Alpine
17-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Take that item to Honda Spare Parts...maybe they might know what it is, rather than the service dept.

denot
17-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Take that item to Honda Spare Parts...maybe they might know what it is, rather than the service dept.

agree... just tell them that one of your mates looking for this part and ask them if they knew the parts number or sumthing :p

Or maybe... it was a part fell of from a UFO?

applio
17-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Or maybe... it was a part fell of from a UFO?

yeah, THE UFO need vtec too!!!

Frost_FD
18-12-2007, 08:58 PM
As i was checking my spark plugs and i lost the cap nut!!! i hope honda has the exact part im looking for. Is it dangerous to drive with a lose spark plug?

chylld
18-12-2007, 11:06 PM
agree... just tell them that one of your mates looking for this part and ask them if they knew the parts number or sumthing :p

it would be amusing then if they respond with "did you drive all the way here without that attached to your car!??"

i will try this approach at the next service :) or should i say, i will tell my dad to report it at the next service; i've had enough of this car and have given it to my dad. i would like to say that a new rattle developed today driving in to the city was the last straw, but i actually put the deposit down for a new i30 2 weekends ago :)

panda[cRx]
19-12-2007, 06:45 AM
body/engine parts generally do not just fall off hondas (interior panels are another story :p)

as aarong says i doubt its from you car

denot
19-12-2007, 08:31 AM
but i actually put the deposit down for a new i30 2 weekends ago :)

Oh crap! my mates got that i30, and he said he write down 20 stuff that is "faulty" on the car. he bring it back 7-8 times already... :p

but still, its better than your problem witht he civic rite chylld? :p

chylld
19-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Oh crap! my mates got that i30, and he said he write down 20 stuff that is "faulty" on the car. he bring it back 7-8 times already... :p

but still, its better than your problem witht he civic rite chylld? :p

ahh bugger... well hopefully mine is ok :) i spent 10 minutes shaking and hitting all the panels inside the i30 to see if anything is likely to come loose, and it seems really solidly built, but then again the civic felt quite solid too the first time i test drove it.

lemons come in all shapes and sizes but i've been lucky with hyundai before so *fingers crossed*

chylld
19-12-2007, 08:46 AM
;1473607']body/engine parts generally do not just fall off hondas (interior panels are another story :p)

as aarong says i doubt its from you car

i too am starting to doubt it's from my car... for no good reason a while ago i took a lot of picks of the underbody of my car and everything there seems real chunky and sturdy; such a flimsy part seems really out of place.

i'll check the lawnmower tonight :p

denot
19-12-2007, 08:50 AM
are you goin to sell your civic then chylld? :p

chylld
19-12-2007, 08:53 AM
are you goin to sell your civic then chylld? :p

yes civic has been sold to my dad who doesn't mind about the odd rattle or 10... sold for $25k

i30 (inc on-road costs) cost $25k

so i'm pretty happy with it :) no more slippery leather and single-line audio readout and having to organise another car whenever i need to transport bulky items :)

i would also like to say no more rattles but i really will have to wait until i've had it for a while... :o that said i have a new rattle from my civic's passenger seat (goes away when someone sits on it) which i'm not even gonna bother about anymore...

disappointed
19-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Could it possibly be the " H " from the Honda emblem.... LOL

Frost_FD
19-12-2007, 11:28 AM
I dont know how you have so many problems with it.... they only problem i have is the drivers window not going up... but easily fixed.

Your car must have been built by a high thai

denot
19-12-2007, 12:34 PM
high thai? :confused: or probably by some thai ladyboyz

disappointed
19-12-2007, 12:41 PM
high thai? :confused: or probably by some thai ladyboyz

Well said. Does anybody know when exactly they started making civics in thailand?

chylld
19-12-2007, 01:06 PM
I dont know how you have so many problems with it.... they only problem i have is the drivers window not going up... but easily fixed.

Your car must have been built by a high thai

high thai.. thai ladyboy... they would probably have done a better job :)

i'm pretty sure i got the friday afternoon company-paid-lunch-break end-of-month special. at least i haven't had any window problems yet... but then again i'm too afraid to use the windows. my left ones have cobwebs on them now...

Well said. Does anybody know when exactly they started making civics in thailand?

afaik the current model civic vti, vti-l and sport were always built in thailand, so from 2006 on. not sure about the previous model civic, although the jazz and accord (non-euro) are also built in thailand i think.

dmx
19-12-2007, 03:15 PM
i too am starting to doubt it's from my car... for no good reason a while ago i took a lot of picks of the underbody of my car and everything there seems real chunky and sturdy; such a flimsy part seems really out of place.

i'll check the lawnmower tonight :p
i think so. looks like FD's underbody parts most are black color (non-rusty) except exhaust guard (side of exhaust).

yes civic has been sold to my dad who doesn't mind about the odd rattle or 10... sold for $25k

i30 (inc on-road costs) cost $25k

so i'm pretty happy with it :) no more slippery leather and single-line audio readout and having to organise another car whenever i need to transport bulky items :)

i would also like to say no more rattles but i really will have to wait until i've had it for a while... :o that said i have a new rattle from my civic's passenger seat (goes away when someone sits on it) which i'm not even gonna bother about anymore...
wow, seem FD2' price dropped a lot compare FD1 ?
35k-->25 = 28%
FD1 = 26k --. my mate sold 20k = 23%

sometimes the rattle noise from ur inside stuff, lets say, i put my baby pram always in boot, that's why, there's always rattle noise from rear seat.
or i put gps kits in glove box or sunglasses in cigarette box, and always got noise from that's sections.
and honestly, my civic never have any problems, except a funny smell sometimes when u turn on aicon, but it's happened in all countries (Sing/Thai/Ind/etc)

denot
19-12-2007, 03:19 PM
wow, seem FD2' price dropped a lot compare FD1 ?
35k-->25 = 28%
FD1 = 26k --. my mate sold 20k = 23%

mate, he sell it to his dad... you dont give even 5% discount to your dad?
:p

dmx
19-12-2007, 03:26 PM
mate, he sell it to his dad... you dont give even 5% discount to your dad?
:p

hahaha.. usually parents (stable economy)should buy at higher price from the kids(un-stable economy).

chylld
19-12-2007, 03:29 PM
heheh well we just went by the drive.com.au / glass' guide private sale value which was $25,630... was close enough to the orc of the i30 and my dad preferred the simplicity of just swapping :)

dmx is ur friend's a vti or vti-l? they're $18,040 and $20,790 value respectively... so going by the same valuer they drop 21.5% compared to the sport's 20%

i forgot what i'm getting at here, just felt like crunching some numbers :) feels like holidays already....

dmx
19-12-2007, 03:33 PM
heheh well we just went by the drive.com.au / glass' guide private sale value which was $25,630... was close enough to the orc of the i30 and my dad preferred the simplicity of just swapping :)

dmx is ur friend's a vti or vti-l? they're $18,040 and $20,790 value respectively... so going by the same valuer they drop 21.5% compared to the sport's 20%

i forgot what i'm getting at here, just felt like crunching some numbers :) feels like holidays already....
VTI, sold to directly to user. no mods, all stock.20k even, late 06 year.
r u sure 18k for FD1 ? i still read ads 18k+ for 05 model last week.

chylld
19-12-2007, 03:39 PM
VTI, sold to directly to user. no mods, all stock.20k even, late 06 year.
r u sure 18k for FD1 ? i still read ads 18k+ for 05 model last week.

yeah u can check urself at http://www.drive.com.au/buy/market_value/... however it doesn't factor in how early or late in the year it was built. e.g. the sport it says average 22k km's, mine's done closer to 30k...

and if ur still reading ads for 18k+ for 05 model then obviously they're not selling at 18k+ :)

dmx
19-12-2007, 07:54 PM
yeah, check with valuation tool like what u said.
but when u see in sell section, sport 19kms auto, private sell around 30k
if urs 30kms, may be around 29k, ppl bargain, may be around 27-28k ???

chylld
19-12-2007, 08:27 PM
yeah, check with valuation tool like what u said.
but when u see in sell section, sport 19kms auto, private sell around 30k
if urs 30kms, may be around 29k, ppl bargain, may be around 27-28k ???

ideally yes... however i really really doubt any sane person would buy a civic sport for even 27k that's nearly 2 years old (only 1 year left on the warranty) when they can get a brand new one (with aux and 17" alloys) with 3 years warranty from a dealer for 32k!

the figures you get from valuation tools are only guides, i think the upper end quote of $25k for an 06 auto civic sport is already pretty high. then again if anyone you know wants a "meticulously serviced" 06 auto civic with 30k kms on the clock for $28k then pm me :P