PDA

View Full Version : 17" rims on DC5R

myintegra
17-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Hi guys

I am new to this forum, if anything i did wrong, please correct me.

I have this DC5R not long ago, got aftermarket 17" rims on it. (P1). I wondering if anyone could tell me how do i measure the offset of these rims. Does it marked anywhere. I read another thread saying that the OEM rims should be around +45, and i am a bit concern now after i changed my tyre last week, the mechanic there said my offset is not right. (I don't have the cap for P1, but if i do, i won't be able to put it on coz the middle part stand out) suggesting that I am having negative offset now? very confused now. Am i degrading the performance of my car, i still found it hard to adapting the behavior of the steering of this car. Very WIRED. :confused:

also has anyone changed the gear box oil themself? easy? which brand do you guys use? the gearbox is a bit stuff at the moment when it shouldn't be. please advice

MY integra :D

Jus-10
21-08-2004, 08:13 PM
The offset will be stamped in to the back of the rim man. Just look on the back of the spokes. I would say that you have a pretty aggressive offset by the sounds of it.

There are only 3 offset options. +25, +35 and +43. I doubt you would have the +25. The +43 is probably the easiest to fit, but the +35 will fit, only it will be a bit more aggressive, that is, it will stick out more.

You don't have a negative offset though.

Just pull the rim off and look for one of the numbers mentioned above.

Where did you get your rims from anyway?

Tofu
21-08-2004, 08:21 PM
no need to worry...
you will know if your offset is wrong...because your wheel will hit the calipers if it's really that bad

check inside the wheel exactly what Jus-10 said..
and regarding your gearbox...if it feels a bit notchy around 2nd...it's a normal DC5 thing
changing gear box oil will help a little
but as time goes on, it will get better

felixR
22-08-2004, 12:31 AM
ot: do you have a fujitsubo exhaust and is your car white? and are your rims gunmetal? :p

myintegra
22-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks all, i pretty sure they are 43, although the only number that i could find was 48.. must be the dust masked the 3 as 8 or i simply cant read numbers probably.

Got the rims from SRS in sydney if you know who i am talking about.

and YES, felixR, that was me. where did u spot me.

Jus-10
23-08-2004, 11:24 AM
A +43 offset would have been fine I would have thought. As long as it isn't rubbing on anything/hitting anything, then it should be fine.

TeMp
25-08-2004, 10:58 AM
I have 17"x8 rims with 35 offset on my dc5r. My friend and I (ahhh english grammar here :D ) actually calculated how much the rim will stick out and the result was 7mm, which is basically nothing. There is actually a webpage to calculate this but I dunno where I put tat link :confused:

fueltank
25-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Offset calculator
http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

Just makesure your wheels don't stick out beyond the guard. You can be defected for that.

JINRAI
25-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Temp, do you a pic of your car with the rims? Wanna see a DC5R with the P1s on it

TeMp
26-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Sorz dude, I don't have P1s (I don't like em ne ways reminds me of a flat chested chick ^^. But P1 QF on the other hand :p) Atm I have Oz racing Supertrismo, but the stupid livery white makes my car (because CW is a bit yellowish) look dirty :( . Too bad because I still love the pattern on the rim, just the colour. So probz be getting rid of them soon...