PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Navigation

apexboi
16-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I've got a Euro Luxary with Sat Nav and whilst I like the user interface and happy with the route guidance, I'm a quite dissapointed with the screen output. Particularly with the lack of detail. For example all the streets are nameless apart from maybe the odd main road around the place. and the streets are represented by thin black lines.

I was wondering if anyone new of a way to increase the level of detail as in increase the number of streets that are named on the screen or is this ability not available. I've looked through and cannot seem to find any setting to allow this.

I've seen many other built in sat nav systems on other cars and they all provide far more detail and have better output display. I suspect even the navmans and tom toms display more detail. so for something that I paid 3 grand for it's a little dissapointing.

Oh well, at least the guidance is good so I guess that is he main thing but hpefully someone in the forum may know what I'm talking about and perhaps if there is a solution.

Cheers
P

Bish
20-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Apexpoi,

I've just brought the Euro Tourer that comes with Sat Nav so I’m still learning.

What I can suggest is try changing the zoom level, the information displayed changes depending on the level.

You can also play with the set-up and tell it to display places, hotels etc on route destinations.

You can also change the voice to male/female, brightness of screen, route selections, and whole lot more.

Hope this helps you. :D

tim-e
26-12-2007, 08:42 PM
What I haven't been able to work out, and the manual doesn't have anything in it, is how to remove landmarks that you manually put into the system. I use pinpoints all the time, I have marked out customer sites I don't regularly visit so that I can plot a course there.

The lack of detail isn't so much of a concern as the UI of the system itself. The rest of the dash looks so good but the screen looks like it's from the 80s. I wish we had the choice of using something like Google Maps, which at least has some text rendering and rounding of the ends of roads, rather than just basic vector rendering.

Psy
31-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I never liked all the navigation systems that car manufacturers put in the cars, they're usually a load a crap.

Nothing beats the regular GPS systems people can buy from retailers.

I just wish TomTom would co-sign up with Honda to do their GPS systems :p