PDA

View Full Version : CD5 headlight problem

Rico
16-12-2007, 05:54 PM
ok guys gonna put this as simple as i can.

I have HID's in my accord. Had them for over 6 months now. Anyways, the left HID is out right now, however now my high beams (on both lights) are on constantly, but really low, so their not strong or anything, look like yellow fog lights or somehting. When I look at the high beam symbol on the dash (that blue light), its faintly on. Now when I flick it off (so the blue light turns off) the right light high beam turns on (so its a strong high beam) and the left headlight highbeam turns off completely.

I tried to put it as simple as I could.

What the hell is happening?

destrukshn
16-12-2007, 06:00 PM
you using a relay kit by anychance?

sugz
17-12-2007, 08:29 AM
umm two possibilities

one (happened to me)
same thing as you described, but i didnt have HID back then...
i just took it to auto electrician and they said its a short circuit and they fixed it in an hour...bad wiring

two (happened to my friend's car)
same thing as above but he has HID, and his ballast was farked..
and he jst replace it with new ballast...
that was it

Rico
17-12-2007, 11:04 AM
hmm i guess i'll take it in for service then! could be something to do with the ballast as the wiring looks perfect...thanks guys.

Spoon-Accord
19-12-2007, 01:28 AM
rico

u have a short circuit somewhere? did u wire the angel eyes to the parkers?
or installed fog lights?

if so, disconnect anything u have install that relates to headlights/lights

one by one and it should solve the problemo :)

Rico
20-12-2007, 11:33 PM
well i dont have angel eyes anymore, i did a custom facelift and got a 98 accord type r's headlights and chucked them inside. However the parkers aren't wired up cause i had to smash out the parkers during the facelift cause they wouldn't fit with the existing chassis, so the wires are just hanging around, my foggies arent wired up yet cause i dont have the $$ too

im getting my service tomorrow morning so i hope they can find out whats happening

Rico
24-12-2007, 07:40 AM
bah **** honda wouldnt touch them as its aftermarket, what bullshit, now gotta go to an auto electrician

Rico
24-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Ok so I took out the working headlight bulb and put it on the other headlight to see if they bulb was broken and it didnt turn on (and when i put it back where it was originally it worked), so does that mean the ballast needs replacing? Honda said it could be something to do with the relay...and i have no idea if i have a relay or not lol,

and for better reference heres a pic of the problem! I just wanna know the possibilities of the problem before taking it to an auto electrician and spending alot of cash...
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7390/lightproblemvu1.jpg

sugz
24-12-2007, 09:53 PM
ballast is farked

Spoon-Accord
25-12-2007, 08:02 PM
o0o0

accord sir 1 piece lights!

Rico
25-12-2007, 10:22 PM
not sir, its the headlights from an accord type r

http://www.kris.1000lecie.pl/accordpics/Honda%20Accord%20Type%20R.jpg