PDA

View Full Version : power window

gheybo
16-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi guys

My power window died on me today, i am just wondering has anyone has this problem before and how did you solve.

Firstly, my window was open a bit then i closed it and it wouldn't come down anymore, i kept on trying to open it with the power window switch but it wouldn't come down. (driver side) I can hear this clicking sound, like the window is trying to go up, just wondering what could be the problem.

I can use the driver side power window switch to open the window for the passenger side, so could it be the power window axle problem?

Boban
17-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Sounds like your window reg is gone mate. Over time they wear out, not a bit job to replace it if you are handy with a spanner

gheybo
17-12-2007, 05:07 PM
whats the window reg?

Boban
18-12-2007, 05:25 AM
window regulator
the thing that holds your window in place and makes it go up/down. The noise you are hearing is the motor but it's slipping because the regulator is worn out.

Please note i'm not 100% sure on this because it's hard to tell unless you actually pull the door trim off and have a look inside, i had a similar problem and it was making the same noise as you described and it turned out to be the reg. Just my $0.02, hope it helps

gheybo
18-12-2007, 10:17 AM
yea i did pulled the door trims apart to see what was the problem, i could see the window regulator, pushing inwards and making that sound, like its still trying to go up.

Does anyone else know whats the problem?

philBo
18-12-2007, 11:38 AM
yea i did pulled the door trims apart to see what was the problem, i could see the window regulator, pushing inwards and making that sound, like its still trying to go up.

Does anyone else know whats the problem?

probably easier that you take it to a mechanic to diagnose? thats my 2 cents there...

xntrik
19-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Well if by inspection you cant figure it out.
Mechanic it.

Boban
21-12-2007, 03:38 PM
if it's not broken fix it til it is :D
Just as a rough guide mate, i paid 140 for a drivers side window reg (for a commodore genuine from holden). Also figure in some extra dosh for labour etc

dwn_boi
21-12-2007, 05:04 PM
ha ha you know i had this same problem the other day!! turns out when i was vacuming i accidently switched the child safety on. ha ha took me a few hours to figure it out, i say you check that out before you get mechanical advice!