PDA

View Full Version : Tein SS

zack
16-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Just wondering how low you can go with Tein SS on an eg hatch. Does anyone have any photos? I'm running 15 inch wheels and i'd like them to be level with the guard. Or even 1 finger gap... I've got super low king springs at the moment and the rear sits way too high. How stiff do the Tein SS feel on their hardest damper setting?

Thanks!

IEVAQ8
19-12-2007, 10:55 PM
i have s/s in my dc2r with stock 15's and the rear coilovers arte on their ass, and the tyres is probly just got half if anything at all of a fingewr gap on guard, and front i have evened out, but still got half inch lowering adjustment on coil over, i hope this helps.................
as for stifness, i have mine set on 6 clicks from hardest settingf ror every day and i love it...............6clicks from hardest on my settings is half way between stiffest and stock damper acording to the tein booklet i got with my coilovers....................(STOCK STIFNESS FOR DC2R IS 12 CLICKS FROM STIFEST SETTING)
i hope this helps

ekdez
19-12-2007, 11:24 PM
i got ss on my ek with 17" rims
dampers are set to +7 on front and +5 on back..
ek standards are 12 clicks from hardest "all the way to the right"..
and its still very drivable around the town and all and can still corner very nicely.. but i wouldn't recommend them for track use because they are way to soft.
as for how low can u go..
im not sure im slamming my car this week sometime and i know my rear will be over the tyre or over the lip somewhere cos i have tuck at the moment and the front should sit just above the wheels lip..

don't know if that relates or helps u to anything for a eg.. but im pretty sure u will easily be able to get some tuck or that 1 finger u was looking for.. but depends on what u are using your car for.. if its track then get something else.. if its for street then sick these are really nice..