PDA

View Full Version : d16y4 standard ECU

VL_Commy
17-12-2007, 02:26 AM
Ok so i've done a search of the forums and cant find out anything. Im basically just wanting to know what ecu the d16y4 runs as standard?

Can someone please help :)

nd55
17-12-2007, 08:38 AM
> Ok so i've done a search of the forums and cant find out anything.

It's a bastard local-only ECU.

plugs aren't compatible with anything.

I think DynoDave and Edgeauto can provide harness services.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=11180

Nick.

beeza
17-12-2007, 10:52 AM
OBD2(A) or OBD2(B).Like Nick said bastard ECU.To run a program like Crome or Hondata you need to swap ECU's.What you will need is:
ECU-PM Edgeauto
Harness-PM Edgeauto $250
VTi Distributor-PM Edgeauto
2 Wire EACV which will need a custom adaptor-PM Dynodave can help here.He also has a base tune with crome or Hondata.

After that you will need someone to tune your car.

ECU-MAN
17-12-2007, 11:48 AM
the D16Y4 uses the P2K ECU. as above convert away from it and use OBDI

VL_Commy
17-12-2007, 02:52 PM
not really looking to modify at all, just get it running

beeza
17-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Sweeeeet.At least ya know what ya up for if U decide to in the future :)

VL_Commy
17-12-2007, 03:56 PM
yep, thanks for your help guys. I just managed to find the pinouts for the ECU, now just gotta find one of them. The ECU i was given with the engine is a p29

ECU-MAN
17-12-2007, 03:56 PM
you still have to wire in the entire immobiliser system or the car wont start,

its easier going OBDI

VL_Commy
17-12-2007, 08:01 PM
theres no way i can just remove the immobiliser function?

Baiscally all i have at the moment is the engine loom and the wrong ECU. Alot of splicing and wiring is going to have to be done just to get it running in the 81.

If i do go to obd1 its going to cost me roughly how much?

kraiye
17-12-2007, 08:11 PM
ECU-MAN, can you solder a couple jumpers like the OBD2 ecu's to disable the immobiliser??
seeing as they all use the same little immobiliser circuit board

ECU-MAN
17-12-2007, 08:52 PM
theres no way i can just remove the immobiliser function?

Baiscally all i have at the moment is the engine loom and the wrong ECU. Alot of splicing and wiring is going to have to be done just to get it running in the 81.

If i do go to obd1 its going to cost me roughly how much?

what wrong ECU do you have ?

ECU-MAN, can you solder a couple jumpers like the OBD2 ecu's to disable the immobiliser??
seeing as they all use the same little immobiliser circuit board

no, its a different procedure

teh_mechanic
17-12-2007, 09:01 PM
what wrong ECU do you have ?

yep, thanks for your help guys. I just managed to find the pinouts for the ECU, now just gotta find one of them. The ECU i was given with the engine is a p29

so he has a p29 atm

ECU-MAN
17-12-2007, 09:05 PM
awsome

that is OBDI and can be made tunable.

just need a harness and a dizzy

VL_Commy
17-12-2007, 11:48 PM
so if i bought an OBDI engine harness and dizzy, i wouldnt have any problems getting the engine started with the ECU (p29) i have now?

Really looking for the cheapest option here. I assume a P2K wouldnt cost too insane amount of money considering most people probably want to get rid of them. If the immobiliser can be disabled on this, that would be the cheapest route to getting this motor running.

ECU-MAN
19-12-2007, 08:24 AM
disabling the immo in the P2K is a pain in the ass,

the P29 will run the engine, it will start and drive, however it will not have the correct fuel and timing trims. you could dyno it to see what the afr is, to make sure its safe. on the up side you can have the P29 modded to allow you to tune the engine.

the P2K in its stock for wont start the car. you can open the ECU and remove the immo PCB and then the engine will start, but the engine malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will stay on all the time. also the injectors wont fire until after 5 seconds of cranking ( that part can be bypassed as well )

cheepest way is to get a pk2, remove the immo, and not wire up the MIL, so you dont have to see it on all the time. but note you have no flexability with the pk2 setup.

if you need a pk2 pm me as I can help you obtain one

VL_Commy
21-12-2007, 01:47 PM
yeh im not really looking for flexibility really. Just looking to get the car up and running so i can drive it around after i sell my soarer, before i get a euro.

beeza
21-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Noooooice :)