PDA

View Full Version : 94 cd5 vti abs break issue

mason_luke
17-12-2007, 11:03 AM
hi guys, just picked up a 94 vti accord, all drives pretty smooth except occasionally when i ease my foot onto the break, it feels like its pulsing or pushing back, i dont know if this is from the abs module or if perhaps my front rotors are warped? it seems to be pretty consistent.. any ideas would be great as i dont want to be replacing things that have nothing to do with the issue.

Vinnie
18-12-2007, 02:52 AM
it takes a fair amount of braking pressure to activate the abs so if you are not braking heavily then i would think its more likely to be the rotors.

Spoon-Accord
19-12-2007, 01:27 AM
when ur braking, does your steering wheel go bonkaz aswell?

if so your rotors are bye bye bye :)

mason_luke
19-12-2007, 09:13 AM
thanks guys, yeah the steering wheel does get some feed back, i wouldnt say it went bonkers lol but you can feel it, i thought it might be my rotors, cheers for the help

Gards
21-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Check if you can get the rotors machined before forking out for brand new ones.;)

ECU-MAN
22-12-2007, 01:24 PM
as above you may be able to have the rotors machined to resolve the problem.

bet sto have them done on the car as removing the rotors is lots of fun

Gards
22-12-2007, 03:57 PM
as above you may be able to have the rotors machined to resolve the problem.

bet sto have them done on the car as removing the rotors is lots of fun

I think it is actually recommended in many cases to leave them on the car for the workshop to machine as a better option than taking them off, which is a good thing.:D

ECU-MAN
22-12-2007, 04:56 PM
it makes no diffrence wheather they get machined on or off the car.

its alot quicker to do it on the car thats why its the preffered method these days.

FAT VTI
02-01-2008, 08:08 PM
hi guys, just picked up a 94 vti accord, all drives pretty smooth except occasionally when i ease my foot onto the break, it feels like its pulsing or pushing back, i dont know if this is from the abs module or if perhaps my front rotors are warped? it seems to be pretty consistent.. any ideas would be great as i dont want to be replacing things that have nothing to do with the issue.

champ,
I am about 95% sure your car does not have ABS.

1994 Honda Accord vti didnt come with abs
1994 honda accord vti-s DID come with abs.

So that eliminates the thought that the problem is from your abs, because you probably do not have it :cool:

Sean
p.s. do i deserve a quality point?

mason_luke
03-01-2008, 09:01 AM
lol thanks man yeah no it doesnt have abs, i had obnly just bout the car when i posted the thread n i thought it did. buti now no it doesnt. cheers but!

FAT VTI
03-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Can i have a quality point for being right?
LOL
Sean

bumper
04-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Hey man..

Pretty sure your brake master cyclinder is ****ed by the sounds of it. I have the same problem on my CD5 and my mechanic said it would cost about $300 to fix.

I need to get this done as it is a major roadworthy issue and dont wont it to get so bad I cannot stop.

Chris

FAT VTI
04-01-2008, 03:10 PM
yeah bumper,
Also if your in an accident (hope ur not) you'll be lucky if your insurance company pays for it.

Sean

mason_luke
04-01-2008, 03:12 PM
**** that sucks. sounds like it tho, at first i thought warped rotors but its just not consistent enough to be an issue with a solid constantly moving part, i think it could be the master, looks like il have to fix this asap.

bumper
04-01-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah I know..

Thats why I got to get it fixed asap.

Just gotta save the coin tho.