PDA

View Full Version : Civic Sports Tinting = CRAP!

denot
17-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Heya, just realise how crap tinting from Honda is... I went to Crystal car wash on Sat morning (after a month without washing - bloody weather), then one of the guy who works there (my mate) tell me that some of the tinting (on front passenger side and back right pasanger side) are torn/ripped!!!

Its not that BIG to be noticed by a glance look. but it still "viewable"...

Take back to Honda dealer (roseberry) since the tinting is a lifetime warranty, he told me to bring it back on weekday ("just turn up" he said), then this morngin I bring it there, make a complaints... they told me to make a booking first (which they said the soonest is after NY :( )

Bleh!!! not happy!!!

The funny thing is, I was talking with my fiance the other day that I might want to change the tinting (since this one is useless on a very hot n sunny day) to something a bit darker. So do you guys think I should claim it from Honda 1st or just ignore them and "upgrade" it straight away?

Shimian
17-12-2007, 06:24 PM
if u are from melb, go with tint professor = ftw. I went with them for half the price of dealer. And the darkest honda can go is pathetic. I went darker with mine and its the mint

EuroDude
17-12-2007, 06:30 PM
dealers outsource the tinting to other companies, and naturally some dealers use the cheapest tinters they can find to make money. Return it and get them to use a better brand/company such as SolarTint.

jamchen
17-12-2007, 06:40 PM
request for a re tint... tints can not be re-conditioned back to normal anyway...
Yes i agree with tint professor...
that is why we didn't get the factory tint and went to tint professor instead... nice dark and legal tint... love it!
but yeah.. bookings @ dealers are bery full... as it is getting to christmas..:D

m0nty ITR
17-12-2007, 06:44 PM
My parents pick up an FD Civic Sport from Hornsby on Saturday. I got Solartint to tint the car as a Christmas present for them. Wouldn't use anyone but them.

dmx
17-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Heya, just realise how crap tinting from Honda is... I went to Crystal car wash on Sat morning (after a month without washing - bloody weather), then one of the guy who works there (my mate) tell me that some of the tinting (on front passenger side and back right pasanger side) are torn/ripped!!!

Its not that BIG to be noticed by a glance look. but it still "viewable"...

Take back to Honda dealer (roseberry) since the tinting is a lifetime warranty, he told me to bring it back on weekday ("just turn up" he said), then this morngin I bring it there, make a complaints... they told me to make a booking first (which they said the soonest is after NY :( )

Bleh!!! not happy!!!

The funny thing is, I was talking with my fiance the other day that I might want to change the tinting (since this one is useless on a very hot n sunny day) to something a bit darker. So do you guys think I should claim it from Honda 1st or just ignore them and "upgrade" it straight away?
i got mine 3M wind tint from dealer, same life time warranty too.
so if me, i will bring back to dealer. i will nail them, chasing them or whatever.
but if u want to changed to darker ones, i don;t think they'll change the whole car window for u.

denot
18-12-2007, 08:34 AM
i got mine 3M wind tint from dealer, same life time warranty too.
so if me, i will bring back to dealer. i will nail them, chasing them or whatever.
but if u want to changed to darker ones, i don;t think they'll change the whole car window for u.

Yeah, maybe I just go back to the dealer get it re-tint and then change it with a better one :p

chylld
18-12-2007, 06:16 PM
My parents pick up an FD Civic Sport from Hornsby on Saturday. I got Solartint to tint the car as a Christmas present for them. Wouldn't use anyone but them.

My civic sport (bought from hornsby honda) had tint thrown in free with the car, and the tint i got was Solartint Autolux Plus CH35 (or so it says on the Solartint guarantee document - lifetime warranty woo!)

JaCe
18-12-2007, 07:10 PM

Good stuff. Nice present :)

I personally don't really like going to hornsby anymore. The service dept is lousy compared to say Scott's (just as a warning).

panda[cRx]
19-12-2007, 06:43 AM
dealers outsource the tinting to other companies, and naturally some dealers use the cheapest tinters they can find to make money. Return it and get them to use a better brand/company such as SolarTint.

yes they do outsource tinting. usually its not a matter of costs but ease of location. anyway most tint these days have a lifetime warranty. take it back until you are happy with it (i seriously doubt they will reapply with another tint company or give a refund)

Datuk
27-12-2007, 11:33 PM
My tinting from Honda is crap too!!! Need to re-tint it soon!

UNLS1
28-12-2007, 09:08 AM
dont blame honda for tinting as honda doesnt do the tinting, the dealer does. You have a tint warranty, go back to the dealer and get it fixed.
Problem solved!