PDA

View Full Version : Installing B16B CTR into EK

Mingy
17-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Wasabi!! hows it going guys. I want to install a b16b into a ek1. just the engine itself. what are the issues? is everything going to be compatible? cost issues with installation?

Ok this is what i heard from random people:

- You need to get it installed from a certified mechanic
- You need to get custom mounts to fit that engine

i don't know shit about cars. thanks guys cheers :D

Steer^Gimic
17-12-2007, 04:00 PM
K...
First off, this should be in the noob section.
Secondly, if you don't know 'shit' about cars, then have a search on the forums as well as other forums like honda-tech etc... you may find out more then needing a 'certified mechanic'.

For that conversion you will need;
-Motor/gearbox
-B-Series mounts as yours is a D-series motor
-Loom/ECU from B16B.
-Driveshafts

vinnY
17-12-2007, 04:28 PM
best off finding a half cut since you'll pretty much need everything going from d series to b series

i'd personally put in a b18c7 since you'll probably find the b16b is going to cost about the same
both great engine's none the less, choose what you'd like
remember to upgrade the front brakes at least too, in order to go quicker you have to be able to stop faster too

simonnowis
17-12-2007, 04:30 PM
theres plenty of info on this, nearly every new honda owner asks about conversions, so use the search.
to make it alot easier you should get a halfcut, finding individual parts from an ek9 here in aus will be way too difficult.

Mingy
17-12-2007, 06:48 PM
K...
First off, this should be in the noob section.
Secondly, if you don't know 'shit' about cars, then have a search on the forums as well as other forums like honda-tech etc... you may find out more then needing a 'certified mechanic'.

For that conversion you will need;
-Motor/gearbox
-B-Series mounts as yours is a D-series motor
-Loom/ECU from B16B.
-Driveshafts

What makes you think i didn't search.

Sydsyd
17-12-2007, 07:12 PM
just to give u a heads up, the cost of EK9 front cut itself should be about the same or could be more than getting a B18C7 front cut (from DC2R)...so if u have enough money, get a B18C7 which generates considerably more power than B16B...

hope that helps u in considering what u get for ur money;)

Limbo
17-12-2007, 07:14 PM
its a 1.6ltr in syd you only need a blueslip and no need for a certified mechanic.

and for that engine you just need the stock mounts that come with the half-cut

There are a few people on this forum who might be able to help you for a small fee (don't look at me i don't do conversions not even for myself!)

do a google and you will find alot of stuff about installing everything.

I'd also recommend a 1/2 cut as it saves alot of messing around looking for bolts etc.