PDA

View Full Version : camber kit slippage?

DNYALL
17-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Well my car felt a bit out of whack since i got my rear sub frame fixed so i got a wheel aignment done. Thinking that maybe my rear would have been out.

Turns out my fronts were quite far out and the rears were fine according to the alignment guys. I was a bit surprised as i had a wheel aignment done about 2 months prior. but this included a track day so maybe all the pressure put it out a bit...i don't know.

About two days after the recent alignment i was cruising onto the freeway entrance onto the eastern freeway, went down and around the corner pretty quick. but half way through i heard a crack sound and now my front end just feels a little sloppy and the steering feels a fair bit heavier.

I was just wondering if my camber kit may have slipped out a bit or if anyone elses camber kit has eva slipped. because i put it under pressure on the corner, but nothing too drastic. I don't think i have damaged anything either?

Also can having your shocks set at a harder spring rate cause the camber to go out of alignment quicker than softer. I had mine set up fairly high at the time.

Oh yeah i am using the skunk 2 pro series.
Thanks guys,
-Mike

EKVTIR-T
17-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Busted balljoint?

DNYALL
17-12-2007, 08:30 PM
hope not, the camber kit and ball joints are all like 2 months old...

EKVTIR-T
17-12-2007, 09:26 PM
What about the adjuster bolts?The small ones to adjust the camber.
All secure and locked up?
I think some of the skunk2's had a few failures a while back.

fatboyz39
17-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah the adjusting bolts might of came loose. Jack it up and check them out.

BlitZ
17-12-2007, 09:50 PM
what brand camber kit? hope its not one of the old series skunk2's..

DNYALL
19-12-2007, 06:23 PM
nah it is the new series skunk2 pro kit. not like the old ones that used to bust. I am getting it checked out tomorrow so we will see how it go's.