PDA

View Full Version : Civic 06/07 Air Intake (NOT the non-Sport/FD1 model)

denot
18-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi all,

From my discussion with MarkCivicVTi and Frost on the other AI thread, I should bring it to another thread of AI that specifically only built for FD2.

has any1 with an FD2 installed any aftermarket AI? how does it performs?

Thanks...

markCivicVti
18-12-2007, 12:37 PM
JDMYard had to trial fit the Injen CAI for the FD1 before he started selling them. Perhaps ask him if he tried the one for the FD2 as well?

denot
18-12-2007, 12:39 PM
JDMYard had to trial fit the Injen CAI for the FD1 before he started selling them. Perhaps ask him if he tried the one for the FD2 as well?

good idea Mark... I will send him a PM and see what his reply...

JaCe
18-12-2007, 07:12 PM

Got link? Sorry I couldn't see it and I'm still interested!

Btw nice topic title to TC ; might be worth changing it for those of us who can't read properly :P

denot
19-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Got link? Sorry I couldn't see it and I'm still interested!

Jace, Im still waiting for reply from yonas (JDMYard), will let you kno when I got one...

Btw nice topic title to TC ; might be worth changing it for those of us who can't read properly :P

Awww JaCe... this is my last atempt to get a good point so I can stop becoming a "newcomer" :p

denot
09-01-2008, 03:15 PM
bump... (got nothing to do, and still curious if any1 install an aftermarket CAI/SRI on their sports)

Jr
09-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Iv placed Fujita SRI. It made it more loud, but no more power imo maybe 1HP more, but dose feel like motor is less restricted. However it will throw a CEL for the Mass Air Flow sensor.

denot
09-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Iv placed Fujita SRI. It made it more loud, but no more power imo maybe 1HP more, but dose feel like motor is less restricted. However it will throw a CEL for the Mass Air Flow sensor.

hey JR, so overall you are satisfied with it or you think its a completely waste of money? Also, is your sports is MT or AUTO?

I would like to hear more from ppl who drive an AUTO plz... :p

Jr
09-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Hi denot mine is a manual, I think its a waist of money, how ever injen CAI might be worth it, but you need to change intake manifold to the us SI, if not there is a nasky kink in the silocon clamp onto the throdel body.

Another option is modfiying the stock resonator so it suck air from tyre well and placing KN drop in filter. That would be best bang for buck. Some think like this http://www.freedomcomputers.net/civicsisedan/modbox/resonatormod3.JPG

JaCe
09-01-2008, 05:26 PM

How's it feel across the whole RPM range? After all, peak increase isn't the most important thing. Usually the responsiveness is supposed to improve.

Got pics of the install?

Jr
09-01-2008, 05:53 PM
TBH its feel shit its jerky not smooth at all, and bogs down on launch however after 4.5k it feels less restrictive but for daily driving it not the best.

Sorry dont have a pic of it installed cause i uninstalled it.

denot
10-01-2008, 06:00 AM
which means that better to install CAI instead of SRI?

Frost_FD
10-01-2008, 04:56 PM
That bad huh? try injen =P