PDA

View Full Version : Top Fuel/zero-1000 Intake System

ShAwNeX
18-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Has anyone used "TOP FUEL/ZERO-1000 INTAKE SYSTEM"? Is it any good compared to say a K&N TYPHOON? Also in particular for the Honda Accord Euro?

EXAMPLE:

http://i18.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/bc/12/068c_1.JPG

Riced_Civic
18-12-2007, 08:18 PM
looks like a normal SRI with a resinator to make it quite

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 08:07 AM
bahahaa add CF and she'll go fastttaaa lol that looks like a wank man, why would youwant to make your intake quite..

bennjamin
19-12-2007, 08:11 AM
bahahaa add CF and she'll go fastttaaa lol that looks like a wank man, why would youwant to make your intake quite..

i dunno , you tell us why it has to be LOUD ? NOISE does not equal POWER.

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 08:17 AM
you realy think in that short segment of piping it will quiet your intake noise through that pod its like 500mm long! who said noise = power i was saying it looks like a wank, I have a CAI I think SRI are for blingers and ricers. go for a stock intake if you want quiet or a CAI.. SRI's may me a more "free"reving intake but its hot air and your low end torque goes to sh!t.. just my opinion!

xntrik
19-12-2007, 09:56 AM
the guy asked wether that intake is better than the K&N. not for your opinion of CAI. and not everyone can afford CAI, so sorry if theyre not spending their work money the way you do.

Anyways back ontopic.

My experience with K&N SRI is horrible, I didnt like it.
My mate has this on his EG, and said its pretty good compared to stock (not sure with K&N), and does scream on vtec.

Amusevtec
19-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Apparently the Top fuel intake is the best SRI for DC5R?

I had a K&N SRI, and that screamed like a M*#tHer Fu#$%er =]

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Geez you guys are touchy! chill out. I just hate gimicy looking ricer products. K&N are an awesome filter for filtration, not sure how restrictive they are, surely they are much better than stock and id say def. better than the standard pod filters. IMO this intake looks as expensive maybe as a CAI i could be wrong

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 10:05 AM
does scream on vtec.

So whats the point of the CF resonator look? just a question!!:p

Amusevtec
19-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I think was reading somewhere, it was meant to swirl the air around or something LOL =P I'll try and find info

Amusevtec
19-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Top Fuel ZERO-1000 Power Chamber Intake System. The ZERO-1000 Power Chamber intake system is a must upgrade for naturally aspirated engines. The uniqueness of this intake system is its design. Power Chamber utilizes an enlarged dry-carbon chamber and a spiraled filter. The air is sucked in through the spiraled designed filter resulting in a swirling effect. This swirled air is then captured in the chamber where it becomes compressed; therefore cause the air to become denser. Increased density in the combustion chamber means an increase in horsepower. On tests of stock vehicles, we have seen an average increase of 5 horsepower. With slightly modified vehicles, ZERO-1000 has seen an increase of 6-8 horsepower.

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 10:47 AM
hahahaha oh i wana see some test results thats hilarious! they say the intake compresses the air meaning its more dense haha if its compressing air its the engine that is causing it in the vaccuum which inturn is putting strain on the engine not increasing power :-s since when has swirling air i.e creating turbulence somewhat increased flow and therfor power? not trying to be a hater here i just laugh when you read these gimic products lol

Amusevtec
19-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Why is it "in turn" putting strain on the engine? I think they are trying to imply that the air is made more dense through the design of the intake, that chamber is ment to cause the compression

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 11:01 AM
well think about it, how does the air get into the intake? the engine is sucking for air as it turns over. now if its being compressed in the intake whats the engine trying to do still?? PULL it down its throat so this compression in the intake is actualy preventing the engine pulling the air in as fast as it wants, unless your PUSHING the air down i.e turbo or increasing the flow i.e roots blower this compression is bad lol

Amusevtec
19-12-2007, 11:07 AM
As fast as it wants? I'm sure it'll get air. I think you should be using the word restricting, not preventing. The dense air caused by this "chamber" is ment to increase flow i'm guessing.

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 11:11 AM
As fast as it wants? I'm sure it'll get air. I think you should be using the word restricting, not preventing. The dense air caused by this "chamber" is ment to increase flow i'm guessing.

with NA the last thing you want is "restrictions" I highly doubt its making the air denser at all honestly, if you cooled the air then it would become denser i.e volume of air would shrink and slow down. id like to some test results even if they have pressure tested the intake before and after the chamber

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 11:30 AM
sorry why the fcuk am i a tool? explain how the concept works to make the air denser and INCREASE flow and ill let you have it. I just dont understand how you can think spiraling air increases positive pressure, increases the density of the air. bahahah omg i shouldnt even bother with you SRI are proven to be better for gains etc?? wtf does that even mean have you tested CAI next to SRI inturns of throttle response low to mid range torque and air density.. the venturi effeft increasing velocity of air entering the intake not making the air denser or actualy increasing the amount of VOLUME of air into your engine, if anything this intake will help keep lower to mid range torque at a constant but to say it makes air denser and compresses air is wrong. You see the venturi idea all the time with exhaust headers and exhaust systems where builders ding the collector in to make it the ID smaller to flow the gasses faster this is for response purposes only.

kayot1k
19-12-2007, 11:37 AM
mate ur a str8 turd man.

you should do searches on sri's VS Cai's where dyno results were involved.

plus i never said that i agreed with their design this is their claim and they designed this intake based on the venturi effect. Another example of the venturi effect is AEM's V2.

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 11:45 AM
if you want to brag about HP off a dyno then great, I enjoy response all over the rev range like a real car should have I know SRIs have higher HP outputs at the top of the rev range but who said having the most Hp is the best thing when it comes to PERFORMANCE. The AEM V2 is a nice intake that blends the best of both the lower to mid torque curve of a CAI and the velocity of charge from a SRI but it doesnt say it makes the air. a) denser or b) has positive charge on inlet gases, it just speeds up the entry of gasses. Mate if you have to call me names to feel good bout yourself have fun with that but I actualy have tested shit and have had my engine built and been tought by a builder that most probably knows hondas better than anyone in the fcukin country so go eat your own turd and instead of just reading product press releases do your own work.

Amusevtec
19-12-2007, 11:53 AM
If you enjoy response, you'd get an Icebox. Not a CAI. IMO my stock airbox had better response than my Injen CAI.

And I thought CAI have higher HP outputs at the top of the rev range?

And the AEM V2 for the DC5R is designed to reduce heat soak

Amusevtec
19-12-2007, 12:35 PM
You're bringing up way to many different arguments. I know first hand if I was to stomp my foot doing 2k RPM, my engine would take a bit of hesitation before the revs build up.

Where as my stock airbox would jump straight to redline. Is that response or am I talking about something different.

And using Carbon fibre isn't such a bad idea, don't they have a high heat tolerance?

If this intake does swirl as it claims to do and compress it, would this not use similar techniques to a Turbo?

bennjamin
19-12-2007, 05:56 PM
relax guys.

It is impossible for ANY CAI/SRI etc to "compress" air lol.
That is what a supercharger or turbocharger does :)
IF any CAI/SRI has "lag" - it is because of the larger volume of the intake after the filter. Usually this equates to greater "mid range/top end" oomph with a payoff of less throttle response

90LAN
19-12-2007, 06:18 PM
i have used the top fuel chamber on my b series engine
at idle it is audible of more air being sucked it and on vtec the sound is awesome it does free the motor up a lot more
it is alot better than a k&n panel filter as it is a pod filter and less restrictive
but the best thing about the kit it weighs next to nothing so u are saving alot of weight by taking out your resonator/airbox/intake arm
recommended for the weigh/flow and vtec noise if u like it loud
this is based on a b series vtec motor
so im guessing it will be similiar to a b series for your k motor

dsp26
19-12-2007, 06:22 PM
you realy think in that short segment of piping it will quiet your intake noise through that pod its like 500mm long! who said noise = power i was saying it looks like a wank, I have a CAI I think SRI are for blingers and ricers. go for a stock intake if you want quiet or a CAI.. SRI's may me a more "free"reving intake but its hot air and your low end torque goes to sh!t.. just my opinion!

1) none of us know whats in that chamber

2) did you realise that a CAI is more wank than an SRI as a complete CAI system should at least include: bypass filter, thermal spacers for the intake parts

90LAN
19-12-2007, 08:20 PM
there is nothing in the chamber....

Kazaf
19-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Apparently the Top fuel intake is the best SRI for DC5R?

I had a K&N SRI, and that screamed like a M*#tHer Fu#$%er =]

heat soak like a M*#tHer Fu#$%er =]

ShAwNeX
19-12-2007, 09:25 PM
I haven't read the posts since I posted this, but damn, settle down people. No need to get personal. LOL...:D

Anyways...I've talked to a few of my friends and none of them know anything about the TOP FUEL/ZERO-1000 intake product. But they did recommend me an Injen over a K&N Typhoon. They said most people who bought the K&N typhoon were very disapointed. Is this true? Would you recommend Injen over Typhoon for my EURO? Also given that the TOP FUEL intake only comes in short ram (correct me if i'm wrong), and I would prefer to go for a CAI, since hearing that during warmer weather the response and what extra power the intake does give u is significantly affected.

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 10:01 PM
lol man im sorry it went in that direction lol I somehow dont think I should have bagged it out to start lol for that im sorry!! the guy just started having a good old slag at me and im sure i prevoked it abit lol, like benjamin said nothing can COMPRESS the air coming in, its about velocity which is a GOOOD thing so in turn yes i like the idea of this intake if it does the same as the AEM V2 which realy uses the Venturi effect to gain velocity therefor increasing response. If you want this intake to realy work it would be a nice idea (like with all SRI) to make up a plastic/fibre or aluminium box for the pod to be sealed in with an external pipe feeding cold air from the front gaurd or similar.
Sorry for the rah rah mods! I havnt posted much on OH but im no n00b lol

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 10:07 PM

2) did you realise that a CAI is more wank than an SRI as a complete CAI system should at least include: bypass filter, thermal spacers for the intake parts

why is it a complete wank if it has no bypass filter? you know thats mainly for places where it floods and when your getting way to close to alot of water lol its not JUST for cold air purposes. If your engine is lagging its most proabbly because of TOO much volume in your intake system without that velocity caused by thinner tubing or things like this intake system it will feel somewhat fat lol i had my skunk2 TB and skunk 2 IM put on and it was like sumone added 300kg to the car as below 3kRPM it didnt want to budge! once moving it was fine but theres to much volume and not enough movement... if that makes sense :p

Mitchman
19-12-2007, 10:09 PM

apologies for the post you spoke of lol SRI arent a wank i was just cranky at the time.