PDA

View Full Version : Internal recommendations

Limo
19-12-2007, 04:07 AM
im running a b16a turbo on standard internals, now im looking at rebuilding it so i can push for bigger figures. currently sitting at ~180kws at the wheels and now looking for ~300+kws, but so far im undecided on which combination i should go for, so im just wondering what other people are using etc.

bottom end
im looking at either keeping it 1.6L or 1.8L stroker, i would like to stroke it, but have only found 2 kits toda and Eagle..anybody know of any others?

1.6L wise ive been recommended
pistons: Marle,SRP or Toda

rods:Carillo or Golden Eagle

sleeves: Darton or Golden Eagle..any else?

Head
ARP studs
unsure what else to do here, i dont want to go spastic with lumpy cams etc, still need to be able to drive normally on street

others
crank griddles.. anybody know of any manufacturers?
full race fluid damper
Metal headgaskets.. any makes?

everything outside of the engine is pretty much taken care of or soon to be.

thanks for any input

Weq
19-12-2007, 03:22 PM
you will only need one headgasket.

My best advice: grab a built engine deal from one of the honda-tech sponsors, ie Benson. You cant go wrong. Ive built 5 engines in australia, from all sorts of charactors who claimed to know what was going on, and none of them can get it right. No matter what component you choose, you can blow it up which shitty machineing and shitty assembly. Trust me! All the highest HP blocks are all american built. All the fastest racers. Dont let anyone tell u anything else.

Limo
19-12-2007, 09:09 PM
yeh at the moment im looking a package offered from a sponsor, just wanted to see what other ppl were running first.

Slow96GSR
21-12-2007, 06:06 PM
im running a b16a turbo on standard internals, now im looking at rebuilding it so i can push for bigger figures. currently sitting at ~180kws at the wheels and now looking for ~300+kws, but so far im undecided on which combination i should go for, so im just wondering what other people are using etc.

bottom end
im looking at either keeping it 1.6L or 1.8L stroker, i would like to stroke it, but have only found 2 kits toda and Eagle..anybody know of any others?

1.6L wise ive been recommended
pistons: Marle,SRP or Toda

rods:Carillo or Golden Eagle

sleeves: Darton or Golden Eagle..any else?

Head
ARP studs
unsure what else to do here, i dont want to go spastic with lumpy cams etc, still need to be able to drive normally on street
others
crank griddles.. anybody know of any manufacturers?
full race fluid damper
Metal headgaskets.. any makes?

everything outside of the engine is pretty much taken care of or soon to be.

thanks for any input

Could do Valves, Valve springs, Retainers, Rockers, coat the head, and a port and polish.

The best one made that I have used, and I don't know all the makes they have made them for, would be the ERL (http://www.erlperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=113&Itemid=161) girdle. It goes across all five main caps and still fits in the stock pan.

Cometic. Simple as that.

Got gaskets, seals, and assembly lube?