PDA

View Full Version : dc2 clearance with a front lip

h4vok
19-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey guys.

For those of you who have removed/installed a Type R/Mugen front lip on a dc2 integra (pre or post facelift) i was just wondering,

how much closer to the ground does the front of the car get with the lip installed then if it didnt have the lip?

By looking at pictures I would guess no more than 2 cm? I'm considering getting one but would rather not if it scraped everywhere i went.

Thanks

_FeRiO_
19-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Ive had both lips installed on my car and from my experience is that the Mugen style lip will hang alot lower than the type r. I think the Mugen lip will give you more than a 2cm drop closer to the ground from memory and will scrape if your car is lowered. Just get a Polyurethane lip and you wont have a problem with cracking as it just bends. On the other hand, the type r lip makes minimal difference in ground clearance once installed, but whatever you do, get a polyurethane lip no matter what

Also how much is your car is lowered and what size rims are you running on?

94dc2tegz
19-12-2007, 08:20 PM
if ur car is lowered u'll have to go up and down drive ways at an extreme angle at a really low speed. and if u live in an area with crappy roads or places with many extreme dips in the road then don't even bother with a lip lol.

Lukey
19-12-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm running on 17s and my dc4 been lowered like 1 - 1.5 inches and i have to worry about my front bar scraping on some driveways, ive found that going up and down them straight doesnt seem to scrap as much as going on an angle?

rof

h4vok
19-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the replies

Ive lowered the car 1.5" and running on 15s at the moment and right now it scrapes sometimes. However, driving at a slight angle will hardly ever scratch the car (i'm fine with this). So I guess adding a type r lip wouldnt change much then?

_FeRiO_
20-12-2007, 08:49 AM
You should be fine with a type r lip. Like i said before, make sure to get a polyurethane one. It costs abit more but it saves you from worrying about it cracking if it does get hit and work your angles all the time :)

L a z y b O Y
21-12-2007, 12:03 AM
like FERIO said dont get plastic lips lol they're crack like mine -.-

94dc2tegz
21-12-2007, 09:02 AM
lol ^^^ and I have it now! :D

vkhaw
21-12-2007, 09:05 AM
where u planning to buy one?

xntrik
21-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Mugen Lip adds about an inch.
On OEM lip i dont scrape on my driveway.
On Mugen lip I scrape in and out, angled or not.

m3ntAL_l2
21-12-2007, 12:36 PM
oem itr lips dont do muCH

h4vok
22-12-2007, 11:02 AM
i havent found a supplier for polyurethane lips yet. does anyone know any?

and i suppose i shouldnt go for abs plastic ones?

jimidy
24-12-2007, 03:13 PM
if your pikii like me dont go to low mine is low and scapes pritty much every bump but i think it looks good and im to lazzy to jack it bak up just need to respray it quit often .. also the was a polyurethane one on ebay not sure if it still there .