PDA

View Full Version : coilovers are leaking!

fong
20-12-2007, 11:52 PM
just my luck, i woke this morning to go to work and found that my coilovers are leaking. anyway i did a search and found alot of help info but i just wanted to ask a few more questions.

i pretty sure i need new coilcover anyway so reconditioning them will useless but heres my question how long can i go without replacing them? im very poor lol. should i chuck stockies on for now or can i wait abit, saving my money to buy new coilovers?

damn and i wanted some new rotas slipstreams for christmas too

Spicey
21-12-2007, 01:48 AM
once the oil has started leaking out the performance will degrade until they are really spongy. There is a "bounce test" you can do to your car which gives you a rough idea of your suspensions condition, simply push down hard on one corner of your car (being careful not to dent the panels) and count how many times the car "bounces" till it settles again, 3 times or over and I would be turfing them!

Coilovers can be reconditioned, might be worth looking into if $$$ are a problem!?

fong
21-12-2007, 09:37 AM
thanks for the feed back spicey

bennjamin
21-12-2007, 09:52 AM
how do u kow they are leaking ? Do you see oil leaking around the damper control or piston area ? Or a puddle on teh ground etc ?

fong
21-12-2007, 04:27 PM
both first i saw the puddle on the ground and then i ask my mate to check it for me
i think im gonna leave them in for awhile till i get enough money to buy new ones