PDA

View Full Version : is it worth buying a Euro that has over 100,000Kms

rikstar
21-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi all, I’ve done some searches about the reliability of the Euro and so far I’ve heard only good things.

I'm in the process of upgrading from my VTi-R to a more "mature" car such as a Euro. I don't want to spend loads of money on a new car as i know how fast cars depreciate.

My question: Is it even worth consider purchasing a Honda Euro that has travelled over 100,000K (which have log books etc.). Or should I pay a bit more for one that has travelled less k’s???

Cheers

Merlin086
21-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Hi all, I’ve done some searches about the reliability of the Euro and so far I’ve heard only good things.

I'm in the process of upgrading from my VTi-R to a more "mature" car such as a Euro. I don't want to spend loads of money on a new car as i know how fast cars depreciate.

My question: Is it even worth consider purchasing a Honda Euro that has travelled over 100,000K (which have log books etc.). Or should I pay a bit more for one that has travelled less k’s???

Cheers

Friends of my neighbours bought one from a dealers 6 mths ago with 270k on it and have only had a problem with the central locking.

Regular servicing is #1.

tony1234
21-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Cheers
Personally i'd go for one with lower Ks but your car is proof that 100k+isn't a problem with Hondas and if it's got logbooks then all you'd need is a good mechanic to go over it and you should be right.

tony1234
21-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Friends of my neighbours bought one from a dealers 6 mths ago with 270k on it and have only had a problem with the central locking.

Regular servicing is #1.
270Ks:eek:That's a lot!!

EuroDude
21-12-2007, 04:10 PM
If its maintained well and looked after and has not been in a major accident, there shouldnt be a problemo

rikstar
21-12-2007, 04:40 PM
thanks for the responses guys. I'm having a look at 2 Euro's this weekend.

Merry Xmas!

industrie
21-12-2007, 06:06 PM
i think its the same with most cars, if the car has been looked after and maintenance has been good, then you would expect the car to still run fine, if you get a good deal go for it!

EUR003act
21-12-2007, 07:25 PM

Cheers

euro's are mature... euro R's (or atleast imitation) are made to sexify your life :D

lol

mines coming on 90,000km now, always been serviced by honda at correct times (until i got it, i do my own servicing), no problems at all! runs just as nicely as my friends '06... but its a personnel decision for you to make, pay a little extra for a younger car, or save abit of money?

merry christmas to you to! i look forward to discussing mods with you soon :thumbsup: lol

rikstar
21-12-2007, 07:49 PM
sorry guys one more question... i hear that if the k's have been clocked mostly during inner city or suburban driving (i.e stop, start driving) then its more likley to have an effect on the car than highway/freeway driving.

Is that true, and if so are we talking major difference?

JohnL
21-12-2007, 10:40 PM
sorry guys one more question... i hear that if the k's have been clocked mostly during inner city or suburban driving (i.e stop, start driving) then its more likley to have an effect on the car than highway/freeway driving.

Is that true, and if so are we talking major difference?

IMO, you would typically expect more wear and tear on some things and perhaps less on others depending on where the car has spent most of it's life. Lots of shorter trips will likely mean more corrosion in exhaust systems because the exhaust spends more time at cooler temp with acidic condensation inside, more internal engine wear because the engine is likely to have spent more time getting up to operating temp than a car that has predominantly done longer trips, and the oil itself may be 'damaged' by lots of short trips, leading to accelerated wear. It would be a good idea to have a compression check done, regardless of the car's service history or where it's lived.

CV joints may be more worn on city cars because they turn a lot more corners than country cars, which may well affect ball joints too. Dampers (shock absorbers) and general suspension bushes etc may be less worn on city cars because country back roads tend to be bumpier than most city roads and are generally driven over at much higher speeds.

The most important thing is regular service history, most importantly regular and frequent oil changes. A city car with a good history is likely to be better than a country car with a poor history. One thing that always makes me wary of a car is whether it's spent much of it's life close to the sea, as salt may be an issue re rust etc. I doubt this is as much of a concern with more modern cars than it used to be, they are typically less rust prone than in the good old days...

Ozluder
21-12-2007, 11:20 PM
dude,

As everyone said regular servicing is key. Preferably with a Honda dealer. I bought my Euro and it had 80k on the dial. All service history was done at Rick Damelian Honda. I have now clocked up 110k and it still drives like new.

albii
21-12-2007, 11:52 PM
my euro is 3 years and 2 months old and it has done 46000 km.
I can't see how you would not find something similar.

EuroAccord13
22-12-2007, 12:07 AM
A properly maintained and serviced car will ensure that the engine lasts a long time, check the service history and open the oil cap to see if there are any gunk build up in the engine... Look for oil leaks on the head and bottom end of the engine...

ADAMMET04's Euro has done somthing like 120000kms and the car is still running great!

Gibbo
22-12-2007, 04:07 PM
I have an 03 model with a genuine 26xxx kms for sale - Pm me if you are interested in knowing more !! Cheers Gibbo (i can email you the advert)

Rein
24-12-2007, 04:00 PM
mine is already over 112,xxxKM and ive never had any problems with the car.