PDA

View Full Version : CTR FN2 Reflash

aijii
21-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey guys,

I've owned a CTR since mid august now, and whilst I've been happy with the way it drives overall, I was looking for some more grunt without throwing too much cash at the car (and without risking losing the warranty yet).

As it stands, with the barrage of rain we had yesterday afternoon when I was at jtune HQ, James was kind enough to let me keep the ECU in for a couple of days.

Well... I pretty much noticed the difference straight away. The midrange is much beefier now - thanks to the lower VTEC crossover point of around 3900, or just below 4k as far as I can tell anyway. One thing I noticed as well is that the VTEC comes in at higher revs if the engine isn't under as much load.

Another nice little plus is the exhaust note sounds a lot meaner now around 4-5K (obviously due this now being vtec territory).

Its amazing what a good tune does to a car - never ceases to amaze me how conservative car manufacturers can be. After half a day of driving with the test ECU, fuel economy is a tad worse than normal however that could be due to me making the most of it before I have to give it back :(

If you guys are after more info, PM ME*

Can't wait to see how well the Jtune supercharger kit goes...

cheers,

aij-

*bennjamin edit edited irrelevant info

CL9-K24A3
21-12-2007, 05:42 PM
wow...interesting to hear dat.i really like FN2R.your exhaust sound will change a bit when you tune your car.same like my euro as well.so you only do the reflash??

GupZ
22-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Im reali interested in the reflash..well..will they ship to Sydney?or is there any dealer in sydney?anyone know?

aijii
22-12-2007, 04:04 PM
CL9-K24A3: yep just the reflash.

GupZ: at this stage, i understand that interstate customers will have to remove the ECU and post it down to melbourne for the reflash. email james at info@jtune.com.au for specifics, but its well worth it.

ECU removal is a 5 minute job.... also the reflash costs $990, not sure if i mentioned it above

SuperSteve
22-12-2007, 04:16 PM
wow interesting. Could i use that reflash on my ep3 ??

m0nty ITR
22-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Results? And any specs on 0-100 times, torque increase and so on?

APR do a killer one for the GTI. Instant 192kW up from 147kW and torque up a massive 100nm to 380nm. Albeit thanks to forced induction from the FSI engine. They also do one for the R32 with only slight increases in torque and power. NA cars like always, struggle a little more from these types of mods.

To spend $1000 on the reflash you'd wanna see some nice improvements. A Hondata + tune will cost you no more than $2k and will give healthy 20fw kW results.

xframe88
22-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Results? And any specs on 0-100 times, torque increase and so on?

APR do a killer one for the GTI. Instant 192kW up from 147kW and torque up a massive 100nm to 380nm. Albeit thanks to forced induction from the FSI engine. They also do one for the R32 with only slight increases in torque and power. NA cars like always, struggle a little more from these types of mods.

To spend $1000 on the reflash you'd wanna see some nice improvements. A Hondata + tune will cost you no more than $2k and will give healthy 20fw kW results.

I think your missing the point, THIS IS HONDATA for the FN2. JTune have developed with Hondata this product for Australia. It’s the ONLY Hondata product which will work for the FN2 Type R, and there is no other option other than JTune equipment.

I saw the JTune Mild reflash a few weeks ago on a friends FN2 in Brisbane and he still has the smile on his face from the improvements and gains, instant plug and play power from just a ECU upgrade.

m0nty ITR
22-12-2007, 05:29 PM
I think your missing the point, THIS IS HONDATA for the FN2. JTune have developed with Hondata this product for Australia. It’s the ONLY Hondata product which will work for the FN2 Type R, and there is no other option other than JTune equipment.

I saw the JTune Mild reflash a few weeks ago on a friends FN2 in Brisbane and he still has the smile on his face from the improvements and gains, instant plug and play power from just a ECU upgrade.

How is the K-Pro not compatible with the K20 in the FN2?

xframe88
22-12-2007, 05:42 PM
The kpro is not compatible with the FN2. The FN2 is a totally different ECU platform which includes drive by wire and vehicle safety assist and many other functions not supported by a kpro. We have the same problem with the Accord Euro the only option for us is to use JTune flashes as Hondata kpro is not available for us for the same reasons.

lukits01
22-12-2007, 05:43 PM
How is the K-Pro not compatible with the K20 in the FN2?

06+ Civic run Air Flow Meter, Drive-By-Wire and CAN communication Protocol with the dash.
Kpro does not have all these features

Even if you did manage to convert to cable throttle and change the loom with previous K20 models, you would lose the dash function.

m0nty ITR
22-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the explanation guys. It seems manufacturers are making it harder and harder to modify these cars. How do they get around this with the FD2R? Does it use a conventional cable still? Big ups to acknowledging the tuner market if they did.

xframe88
22-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I Don’t believe there is any Hondata tuning option for the FD2 either only the FN2, in the form of locally developed JTune products, in fact JTune are the first to supercharge the FN2 and make many products.

lukits01
22-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Plenty has been done to the 06+ Civic Si in the US
which carries over to the FN2
supercharger, turbocharger, nitrous, Hytech cams, etc.

Tuning is based on reflashes or piggyback systems like Greddy Emanage Ultimate and AEM FIC

FD2R K20A uses similar electronics package, main difference is they don't have AFM.

bennjamin
23-12-2007, 09:19 AM
I Don’t believe there is any Hondata tuning option for the FD2 either only the FN2, in the form of locally developed JTune products, in fact JTune are the first to supercharge the FN2 and make many products.

why do you describe yourself as residing in perth , when you come from VIC ?
Another of JTUNE's marketing clones ?

xframe88
23-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Its called contact work, I travel throughout the country last month I was in Brisbane.

bennjamin
23-12-2007, 09:46 AM
just asking ;)

1996ek1
25-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Is it still available?
The Hondatech website wont work so i cant check when the offer ends.

Baopham
25-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes I believe you still can order the mild FN2 flash, Hondatech site works perfectly for me check out the below link for more information.
http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1784