PDA

View Full Version : 6.5inch in accord

dundas
18-08-2004, 01:49 PM
i got me sum 6.5inch speakers for my 94 accord, just wondering how i should put them in because they dont actually fit in the original holes (speakers too big) what should i do ...spacers??? what type? will i need to do some customising...?

anyone else done what i have done??? accord or any other car with same situation?--
i am not gonna pay someone to do it... im not that rich ahahaah... plus i know if i pay someone to do it it will cost at least $200+

ekslut
18-08-2004, 02:19 PM
yeah, they do fit if you use spacers. I have them in my Accord. Dont know what type or what thickness spacers are used though, but I would say you could pick them up from any audio store and fit them yourself. Im sure they would know what you need.

aka_NSX
18-08-2004, 03:18 PM
i got me sum 6.5inch speakers for my 94 accord, just wondering how i should put them in because they dont actually fit in the original holes (speakers too big) what should i do ...spacers??? what type? will i need to do some customising...?

anyone else done what i have done??? accord or any other car with same situation?--
i am not gonna pay someone to do it... im not that rich ahahaah... plus i know if i pay someone to do it it will cost at least $200+

just make a spacer using 18mm MDF
should be ok :)

dundas
18-08-2004, 07:59 PM
ok doke... ill go buy sum mdf next week eheheeh then i can finally fit my speakers in ahahaha...
they charge heaps for mdf spacers (premade ones) bloody like $20 ahahaha
EKSLUT-how thick is your spacer? plastic of mdf?

toE
19-08-2004, 12:42 AM
14/16/18 mm is fine. wateva suits ur liking, i reckon. :)

h22a accord
19-08-2004, 01:24 PM
mate, i put 6.5" splits in mine and all i did was cut the back of the speaker baffle off so the magnet had room for clearance. That way you dont need to space the speaker out at all. I still have clearance for the window too.

dundas
19-08-2004, 06:59 PM
mate, i put 6.5" splits in mine and all i did was cut the back of the speaker baffle off so the magnet had room for clearance. That way you dont need to space the speaker out at all. I still have clearance for the window too.

ahah speaker baffle..err im lost buddy... got any pics for me to see?

toE
20-08-2004, 12:11 AM
if u remove the door trim, and remove the stock speaker, there is a black "basket" behind the speaker. so wat h22a accord meant is to remove that "basket". :)

dundas
22-08-2004, 02:40 AM
my magnet part of the speaker kinda hits the window if i were to do that... err ill figure something out when i have sum time for audio system.

Bol
26-08-2004, 04:22 AM
What i've done is removed the speaker baffle completely and put an mdf spacer straight into the door holes and then screwed the speaker into that. I think it is 18mm mdf and the speakers are boston rally's which are really deep. You will want to mae sure that the door fits over the spacers once you have finished, it only just gets over mine so don't use anything above 18mm.

If you want pics i'll get them in a few days.

28RAG
08-09-2004, 06:50 PM
ive got the slimline polyglass focals and i need spacers aswell, just take your time with it so you dont have to take the door cards on and off to get it right

SiR JDM
09-09-2004, 09:23 AM
mate, do a dodgy like me..

take off ur trim, take of original speakers and basket,
drill a couple holes into ur door frame, screw it in tight
all sweet! ill send if anyone is interested :D

dundas
12-09-2004, 10:10 PM
LMAO--- nah my speakers were too big-- LOL my door trim wouldnt go on if the speakers went in (like just) i even planned it down-- im just gonna get sum 6 inch speakers LOL they will fit perfectly ill just use the same stock spacers LOL
thanks for your help guys--- 6inch is da sotck size right ahahaah/

Dundas

sleeptec
07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
hi, errm guys i know next to nothing about audio
and i was wondering if 6 and a 1/2 inch speakers or even 6 X 9s will fit in the rear without too much modification or cutting?

While im at it, are there any specific entry level brand/model of speakers that i should look out for, considering that im not too keen on running an amp/subby etc?

EK9
08-12-2004, 03:39 AM
hey sleeptec, firstly, ur hijacking dundas's thread dude! secondly, we got no idea wot ur talking about... u're being too general, dunno wot car u got and ur budget too. feel free to start ur own thread if u wanna ask sum other questions. and sum of ur questions regarding wot brand/model speakers have been asked already, just look around the forum or do a search. :thumbsup:

hey dundas, i still don't think u understand wot spacers are! it means u just get sum wood/mdf, cut shape etc and use it like another ring around ur speaker to mount it "ontop" of the existing surface... kinda like a screw sitting on a washer.

i ran into ur exact same dilemma only couple weeks ago, and i finally opted to make my own speaker pods - like mini boxes which mount to the door. here's my thread which will answer alot of ur problems and questions
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11639

dundas
09-12-2004, 12:49 PM
LMAO..guess what i had to fullyu customise some spacers man..i obviously made my own...buthad to pull out the planer and start planing a shit load of it becasuse the door trim would not fit over it.. it JUST fits now with a 3mm gap ^_^ so im all happy

HOWEVER.. (had the speakers in for like 2 months now :)) i bloody blew my left speaker *sh** oh welll... ill just wack a sub in and it will remove the popped noise at high volume playing ^_^

thanks for your help guys..