PDA

View Full Version : 5th gen car revs

bigtymerz1
22-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Hey my revs have been quite low in my car lately and when i have the aircon on it feels like its going to stall, can anyone help with that tks Mark

kelviN
22-12-2007, 11:25 PM
i have the same car 97 atts and the same problem. Air con on makes the car very weak, sluggish and wont rev smoothly ?

I just assumed that the prelude was a heavy car without enough power haha esp on a hot day with air con on

SXC-84K
22-12-2007, 11:48 PM
take the ac out and get a turbo, the faster u drive the cooler the air gets :P, yeh i agree as stated by kelvin on hot days with the ac on the revs will struggle to pickup and the car will be sluggish, heres a pointer whilst driving in the city with many lights keep the ac on lowest temp and max(4) bars for the fan, after a few mins reduce it to minimum(1) bar for the fan. once u reach the big roads without lights etc. turn off the ac completely, both windows down sunroof open and press the airflow button for some reason once the AC has been on and then turned off and with the airflow operating u will still feel abit of the AC working for a while

kelviN
22-12-2007, 11:51 PM
haha i rather sweat and save some fuel as well =P. Sometimes my car feels like this on a normal day without aircon. There is no pickup in each gear, sluggish etc. So i reset the ecu...it drives really smooth then after a while same problem occurs. Any suggestions to solve this ? Electronic tune ? (dont even know wat is done in a tune)

preludacris
23-12-2007, 05:04 PM
try cleaning your throttle body. that will help with ur revs at idle, and the smoothness while accellerating.

an old battery could also add to ur revs dropping so much once the AC kicks in.

kelviN
23-12-2007, 06:10 PM
throttle body clean definitely sounds good. Maybe o2 sensor clean will help but i have no idea how to do it.

bigtymerz1
23-12-2007, 08:47 PM
i was thinkin throttle body clean as well, tks for the responses mark

J2daW
24-12-2007, 01:10 AM
u might need to adjust your idle, or your idle control sensor is stuffed or not connected. but i think that'd be unlikely so just crank up your idle a bit should fix everything

bigtymerz1
24-12-2007, 01:42 PM
is that hard, how do u do that
?

dwn_boi
24-12-2007, 06:03 PM
u might need to adjust your idle, or your idle control sensor is stuffed or not connected. but i think that'd be unlikely so just crank up your idle a bit should fix everything

i had a similar problem with my (auto) celica, it would just stall out of nowhere but once i cranked the idle up a lil higher it never did again!

i do have this dame problem your experiencing with my 5th gen too, i'm glad im not the only one lol! as soon as the aircons on it just drops in revvs, especially on a hill!! omg i've stalld twice on a hill with my aircon on, how embarrasing!