PDA

View Full Version : no audio and internal lights but little fuses seem to be unfused

anexiole
24-12-2007, 06:28 PM
guys
merry x'mas.

I pushed one of the internal lights to turn it on last night. Next few seconds, all the internal lights shut off and the cd player died out. This means that the control panel died out.

Geeezzz.

I checked the fuses (based on the manual ) found in the internal fuse box (located pretty much next to the accelerator pedal).

I am out of wits... I have an appointment booked with Honda but it's not til next week. Problem is, i'm going to be using the car a fair bit this holiday season to go around. Any ideas?

Guys, even if u're reading and have no comment, it's all good.. Merry X'mas and a happy new year. Drive safe:)

best wishes!:wave:

euro77
24-12-2007, 09:01 PM
when you say internal lights, this include dashboard cluster light (speedo & tacho), light on roof and doors etc?

also, when you check the fuse, is it burned out already? if yes, just bring it to your local auto shop to get a replacement.

LIV3
24-12-2007, 09:10 PM
it might not be the fuse that has blown, with my car (crv) i had a similar problem. ,(but just internal lights) the problem was the wire was burnt out half way. could be the same problem? hope it helps but try going to an auto electrician before you let honda rip you off

EUR003act
25-12-2007, 09:47 AM
it might not be the fuse that has blown, with my car (crv) i had a similar problem. ,(but just internal lights) the problem was the wire was burnt out half way. could be the same problem? hope it helps but try going to an auto electrician before you let honda rip you off

auto electricians rip you off too... i had to pay $245 for one to run 1m of cable (measley hook up wire) from battery to fuse block...

anexiole
25-12-2007, 09:52 AM

hello, there :)

Merry X'mas!!! Really?
ah... not sure how many panels i need to remove on the euro.. JDMs are easier to maintain but with this one i'd rather let honda touch it if it was a wiring problem. It is under extended warranty :)

anexiole
25-12-2007, 09:54 AM
hello!!
Merry X'mas!! :)

I am sorry. By internal lights, i meant the pilot lamps in the front and back seats.

My dash board, heated seats, power windows , auto cruise and etc works fine except the cd unit, display unit and the pilot lights.
hehehe

LIV3
25-12-2007, 10:10 AM
whoa.. 245 is a rip.. but i got mine done for 50 bux. i guess it just depends where you go. and yes. auto electricians are rip off's aswell but they could still be cheaper than honda.

Peekay34
25-12-2007, 03:16 PM
You havn't stated what year your Euro is. It may be an warranty job. If it is still under warranty get Honda to look at it do not attempt to repair it yourself.

lenz
25-12-2007, 04:40 PM
look in the fuse box in ur engine bay its a common thing

anexiole
25-12-2007, 04:51 PM
You havn't stated what year your Euro is. It may be an warranty job. If it is still under warranty get Honda to look at it do not attempt to repair it yourself.

yeah it is a late 2003 with extended warranty. Thing is, it's only til jan 3rd(next week) that my booking is.

stalin
30-12-2007, 05:13 PM
hi didn't want to open a new thread so i thought i'l write it here..today i was driving and went over a little speed hump (tiny) without any big impact..the radio/cd lights went out less than a half a second and everything came back BUT the audio doesn't work anymore, there is no sound whatsoever even though everything seems to be showing/working (cd track.clock/volume/etc), the car is 03-04 model and its done 50k only and warranty is not valid anymore..does anyone know what the problem might be or have you had the same problem before.. which is fuse box should be looking at? under the hood or the one under the steering wheel...please help as without music or radio in my car i might collapse :eek:

LIV3
30-12-2007, 05:54 PM
hi didn't want to open a new thread so i thought i'l write it here..today i was driving and went over a little speed hump (tiny) without any big impact..the radio/cd lights went out less than a half a second and everything came back BUT the audio doesn't work anymore, there is no sound whatsoever even though everything seems to be showing/working (cd track.clock/volume/etc), the car is 03-04 model and its done 50k only and warranty is not valid anymore..does anyone know what the problem might be or have you had the same problem before.. which is fuse box should be looking at? under the hood or the one under the steering wheel...please help as without music or radio in my car i might collapse :eek:

you said 'cd track, clock, volume is working? so wat happens? every thing is on but no sound? if thats the case could be faulty headunit. or maybe wires or something have come lose. however if nothings working/turning on all i can think of that might be wrong is, POWER or GROUND

stalin
31-12-2007, 02:53 PM
what do you mean by power or ground??

well today i checked all the fuses and all of them look fine,checked the audio fuse even changed to another and still the same, called honda but the service people have left already, went to this honda place in rosehill but no1 there, so have to wait till wednesday till those honda guys open.

LIV3, basically everything looks as the way it should all the controls are working,clock,cd,radio,rewind/forward etc but there is just no sound..when this happened the clock actially reset to 1 oclock..so im just assuming there must have been a disconnection somwhere and everything came back but the sound... lol its a great gift and great timing from my honda. not happy about this at all..and as it doens't have warranty on it when i take it to ho9nda they are going to charge me a fortune :mad:

LIV3
31-12-2007, 02:55 PM
umm teh power just provides power. then the ground is like a safety thing. (but also completes the circuit) your constant power might be working but your ignition power might not be working. im not sure how to help you

stalin
01-01-2008, 05:08 PM
its cool LIV3..thanks for your help anyway..maybe anyone know any good technicians who can fix this what im assuming is an electrical or wiring problem??

tony1234
01-01-2008, 05:24 PM
its cool LIV3..thanks for your help anyway..maybe anyone know any good technicians who can fix this what im assuming is an electrical or wiring problem??
PM Benjamin,he's a mod on this site,he may be able to help you.

one4spl
02-01-2008, 08:12 AM
I'd bet its blown a fuse. Have you got any extra stuff fitted? Mobile hands free etc? The constant 12V supply to the radio is the same fuse as the interior lights, it’s in the kick panel next to the accelerator. I think the icon is of an interior lamp.

Also- DO NOT PUT IN A BIGGER FUSE. Fuses don't blow spontaneously, there’s usually a fault somewhere, and I'd bet that fault isn't a Honda part.

EUR003act
02-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I'd bet its blown a fuse. Have you got any extra stuff fitted? Mobile hands free etc? The constant 12V supply to the radio is the same fuse as the interior lights, it’s in the kick panel next to the accelerator. I think the icon is of an interior lamp.

Also- DO NOT PUT IN A BIGGER FUSE. Fuses don't blow spontaneously, there’s usually a fault somewhere, and I'd bet that fault isn't a Honda part.

yeah never go bigger fuse unless you did the wiring and know the current capacity of the cable! fuse blocks are there so that if the current exceeds that of the specific cable line it will blow before the cable over heats and melts... its not to protect the device...

stalin
02-01-2008, 09:36 PM
thanx for the replies guys, there is absolutely nothing added to the car, no hands free no nothing..but one4spl can you tell me what number that fuse you are talking about? i looked in the log book and the only one i checked was number 5 (audio) and it wasn't blown i even changed it to another one of the same but still nothing.. i called those honda guys today and interestingly when i explained the problem he said it hasn't happened before and has never heard of it or why it would do that and funny enough the earliest i can book in to take it to them is 12th of january lol coz he said it seems like a big problem and it would take hours to fix it :)) it seems to me that its tiny problem somewhere as everything seems to be working but i just wish i knew cars..this is giving me alot of headache

one4spl
03-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Fair enough... the fuse is number 6, a 10 amp fuse that has a pic of a dome light on the cover, as I recall.