PDA

View Full Version : key alarm

gorby
25-12-2007, 10:46 AM
hi,
anyone else annoyed by the key alarm when the drivers door is open ? makes it painful to wash/clean the car and generally when you just want the drivers door open.

does anyone know how to disable this alarm ?

merry christmas everyone:D

Riviera
25-12-2007, 11:25 AM
close the drivers door and open the rest lol,

or

put the ignition to the on position
some say it burns coils out but hasnt burnt mine out and ive left it in the on position for over 5 hours

wear the fuel pump out i dunno mines fine lol

or u can just open up the panels under the steering wheel and disconnect it im sure its under there

directedfx
02-01-2008, 01:41 PM
To temporarily disconnect this alarm, you can find the door trigger switch on the metal frame(center pillar), sometimes covered in a black rubber cover and just unscrew it till it comes out and hey presto, no more alarm, but just remember to screw it back in when your done cleaning your car.

EuroAccord13
02-01-2008, 06:33 PM
How about taking out the key when you are cleaning the car?

directedfx
02-01-2008, 11:05 PM
I guess he wants to listen to the music in the car when he's cleaning. It's hard to resist, he's only human.

tony1234
03-01-2008, 08:32 AM
How about taking out the key when you are cleaning the car?
Yeah it is a pain but as above take the key out.

EuroAccord13
03-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I guess he wants to listen to the music in the car when he's cleaning. It's hard to resist, he's only human.

The key needs to go to ACC in order for the player to play and when you go to ACC, there wont' be any beeping.....

ok2
03-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Don't know other years work but with a 2006 as soon as you put the key in the ignition and the door is open it starts beeping. And it NEVER EVER STOPS :thumbdwn:

Kiz_EG6
03-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Just tape down the door trigger,just on the inside of the frame so the car thinks it's closed!
take 2 seconds, no need to go as far as unscrewing it or anything!!

directedfx
03-01-2008, 05:12 PM
When the tape keep's peeling off, and trying to get a piece of tape that sticks the trigger down gets more annoying than the beeping sound, then you'll realise why i said just unscrew the trigger. It really isnt that hard, just a few turns should be fine.

Psy
03-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't get it?

My Accord Euro only switches on the alarm 3 seconds after the lock button is pushed..

It doesn't matter if the key is in the ignition while you listen to music, just have it unlocked...

Thats what i always do, so im still confused.

Merlin086
03-01-2008, 07:12 PM
hi,
anyone else annoyed by the key alarm when the drivers door is open ? makes it painful to wash/clean the car and generally when you just want the drivers door open.

does anyone know how to disable this alarm ?

merry christmas everyone:D

This function was made continuous in the 06+ lux, that's when it becomes annoying.

Be warned that if you disengage the door chime via making the button inoperable, you also are disengaging the door mechanism that will stop the car from auro locking....ie ....if you unlock the door with the remote, throw your keys on the seat and then close the door, the car will still auto lock as it hasn't sensed that the door has been open.

Now if you can find the actual chimer, and snip!....sounds like it is up deep under the dash....:thumbdwn:

GraphiteEuro
08-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Now if you can find the actual chimer, and snip!....sounds like it is up deep under the dash....:thumbdwn:

Has anyone found the actual chimer and disconnected it?
I would like to know where it is and whats involved so I can put a switch in.
Mine's an 07 standard and it is very very annoying.

J

Merlin086
08-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Has anyone found the actual chimer and disconnected it?
I would like to know where it is and whats involved so I can put a switch in.
Mine's an 07 standard and it is very very annoying.

J

Still looking...............lol

I would have shot mine if I knew where to point the gun.........:eek: