PDA

View Full Version : EK1 maximum carrying load on King Lows?

Ry_
25-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi guys,

Just a quick one cos I'm heading up to Woodford for a good week of festival/camping goodness and I'm loading my car up pretty good.

I was wondering what the maximum load of an EK1 on King Lows is.

In car so far-

Myself
60-80 litres of water
Two 6 person tents- I'm guessing they're about 10-12+ kilos each?
Two full 29 litre eskies
24 camping mats
Misc stuff involving several bags of gear, clothes, foam double mattress, guitar etc.

In terms of physical space, the back seats are down and the whole car is pretty much chockabloc- can barely see anything in the rear view mirror, and front passenger seat is pretty much non passengerable.

On the bright side, the normally not-slammed-enough-for-forummers King Lows are now sitting pretty low. However, this all's got me curious.

How much weight can the setup take? Thanks and merry xmas all!

steve88
26-12-2007, 08:02 AM
i used to load my car with 5 people whne we all went to the beach or gym, including my very heavy subwoofer and 2 amps, my car took it just fine. but your heading on a fairly long trip, youll just find going up hills in lets say 3rd gear will prob need second gear this time. and yes king lows arent low enough, i want super/ultra lows :(

xcwizit
26-12-2007, 03:20 PM
i used to have a EK1 Sedan on Super Low Kings. I always had a full car load on 17inch rims with 40" profile tyres. with a heavy 15 inch subwoofer bro!