PDA

View Full Version : 07 Crv leather trim - cleaning?

zy32
27-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi All,

Ive got an 07 Crv with leather upholstery.

Its got fabric protection and all but sometimes im abit devious about these "protections".. i mean i have the piece of paper to certify me that i have the protection but most of time i often think if they even work..

anyway to the point.. ive got ivory leather and i was wondering if anyone elses leather gets dirty easily even with these fabric protection??

i often see some black dirt marks that do go away but only after hard scrubbing with a microfibre cloth and some lukewarm water.

does anyone have a specific cleaning method or uses a certain product to keep the leather nice and clean?

cheers.

aaronng
27-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Why do you have fabric protection when you have leather upholstery?

zy32
27-12-2007, 03:25 PM
sorry not fabric protection..

leather protection.. lol.

if it was fabric protection then i was conned! badly! lol

FAT VTI
04-01-2008, 08:16 PM
hey,

I'd try some kind of proper leather protection.

I do not like maguiers, however I do use their leather gel protection.
Works well however wipe on ,and easily wipe off and leave for a while, do not do it in the sun, take ur time and DO NOT use an excessive amount, it is not needed.
Doing this once a week will work wonders, trust me.
My 13year old leather, slightly cracked , after using this, the leather feels alot smoother, and all the flakiness has gone, just by creating a top layer of protectant.

Sean

zy32
20-02-2008, 11:53 AM
hey,

I'd try some kind of proper leather protection.

I do not like maguiers, however I do use their leather gel protection.
Works well however wipe on ,and easily wipe off and leave for a while, do not do it in the sun, take ur time and DO NOT use an excessive amount, it is not needed.
Doing this once a week will work wonders, trust me.
My 13year old leather, slightly cracked , after using this, the leather feels alot smoother, and all the flakiness has gone, just by creating a top layer of protectant.

Sean

Hi Sean,

Sounds good! So you say it is ok to use these products when it already has the truseal leather protection?

FAT VTI
20-02-2008, 04:07 PM
I think so, some may diasgree, maybe whilst its new, use the same amount but it shouldnt have to be done as often.

BlitZ
21-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I read a post about hairy strings coming out of the perforated leather with the meguirs product?

UNLS1
21-02-2008, 10:29 AM
u can buy genuine leather cleaner and protector from ur service dept