PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R 1000km service cost?

Reothe
27-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi guys, just wondering how many of you FN2 owners have requested the engine oil to be replaced at the 1000km mark? I rang up two different dealers and got conflicting reports on whether they change the engine oil or not. Also, how much should I be expecting to get charged and should I let them replace the filter too? John Blair quoted me $80 when i called them up but Eastern Honda said it's not necessary and is not stated in the new service books. It used to be standard practice but not anymore?

andiiso
27-12-2007, 03:49 PM
nah, first service you dont change the oil filter or oil. Honda check everything, making sure its all good and seeing if any fluids are low if are low then they top it up and if low by alot then of course check for leaks etc, tyre pressures, lubing the door striker thingys and battery anti corrosion stuff etc

Reothe
27-12-2007, 04:29 PM
yup, that's true, but I've been told it's best to have the engine oil changed at the 1000km mark because of residue shavings etc left in engine?

andiiso
27-12-2007, 04:34 PM
well i havent heard anything about that at all, usually jus topped up if low and if somewat decently low or oil is dirty as heck (usually if this colour its also a bit low) then somethings up and thats wat first service mainly for, just checking up and seeing if everything running ok since bought from brand new

UNLS1
28-12-2007, 09:10 AM
it is free. (well it is here)

fasthonda
28-12-2007, 10:00 AM
I've had my first 1000kms service a few weeks ago .They basically give it an overall check and ask you if you've had any problems-it was free.
The oil,well I asked them if it was prudent to change it.The service clerk wasn't sure so he asked one of the service mechanics and it was said that the initial engine oil comes in a special formulation that is designed to be a "running in" oil.The S2000 and the Accord Euros I was told, do have their engine oil changed on their first service.

sitta
28-12-2007, 10:59 AM
it is free with mine

Reothe
28-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Ahh cool thanks fellas for the heads up :) I originally thought it should be free but then was informed from other sources that it's prudent to change the oil due to get rid of the shavings and particles in the new engine after it's been run in 1000 kms :P

kongfu
28-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Its free for sure. Call your dealer to confirm.

Danese
03-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Hey guys. i don't think it it free. only labor is free at first service. but you wont have any prob not changing the oil till 10k. and at 10k it is almost ready for the synthetic oil upgrade. which should only cost you about $80.