PDA

View Full Version : OEM Muffler Sizes - All Honda Owners, need your input

dsp26
27-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi All,

Was just wondering If people could post up what car they have and post pics and/or specs on sizes.. like body, inlet/outlet size etc...

I'm looking for somethnig along the size of the EG/DC/EK ones but prefer a Honda as i wanna keep my car stock looking.

At this stage the 2004 CRV one looks good... the oem EG/DC one has this gay buzzing sound... i went through 3 of them just to clear my noise/emmisions test

bennjamin
27-12-2007, 06:13 PM
ron , imo get a EK4 muffler. Alittle better flowing than a stock si or vti , and looks alright and fits fine in the ass of a hatchback or ur del sol.
I had it on my eg with the B series and went fine. Nice n quiet.

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/500/medium/11.jpg

dsp26
28-12-2007, 10:56 AM
ron , imo get a EK4 muffler. Alittle better flowing than a stock si or vti , and looks alright and fits fine in the ass of a hatchback or ur del sol.
I had it on my eg with the B series and went fine. Nice n quiet.

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/500/medium/11.jpg

inlet/outlet/piping size? and is it direct bolt-on (flange, pipe bends, etc)?

my main question would be... does this have the "buzz"? you know what i'm talking about right?

the oem reso++muffler combo hides it, but since i have a catback with a different reso... it sorta came back... not as bad as not having a reso though.

90LAN
28-12-2007, 12:17 PM
try to find a ek9 oem muffler piping is 2.25" in stainless and bolts up to any oem b pipe, it also has a better looking tip

dsp26
28-12-2007, 12:34 PM
try to find a ek9 oem muffler piping is 2.25" in stainless and bolts up to any oem b pipe, it also has a better looking tip

that will be difficult to source... it's not by any chance the same as the ITR is it? since it's 2.25??

90LAN
28-12-2007, 01:08 PM
itr has a longer barrel and tip but same 2.25" diameter

bennjamin
30-12-2007, 04:30 PM
the buzz is there because of rusted internals and displaced fibreglass matting. Cant avoid it with older mufflers but you can shake a muffler around and listen for any "loose" material inside.