PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new Euro.....

Gavern
27-12-2007, 03:56 PM
... or a Demo, at least.

Hi guys - stumbled in here and looks like a good place.

We had narrowed the choices down to the Euro, Subaru Liberty and the new Ford Mondeo. The wife WANTS the Euro because she has had a '92 & a '93 previously. I had her look at the Liberty and Mondeo, amongst others but these were in the end the only two other options.

We looked at but didn't drive the Liberty & Mondeo one day and then another checked out the Euro, including a drive and accepting an offer to take the car home overnight.

That very same afternoon I checked out the Mondeo and realised just how tacky the interior and console was (high wear and scratches to the standard Ford, soft silver painted plastic console) so I just walked away without a drive. Why pay the same price as a Euro for what seemed to be of lesser value..?

I then tested the Liberty, but HATED the flashy red-lighted console and the ride seemed harsher than the Euro.

So the Euro it is.

Does anyone have any tips (or links to tips) in dealing for a new Euro..?
We're in Perth and have spoken with a very helpful sales guy at Honda North. I'm happy to deal with other Honda Dealers if that helps..?

I have a mate's son who owns a local vehichle wholesale place and he's been calling on all his contacts to find us a good deal, but even though he is mates with some of the Honda dealers and Honda management it looks as though he's not going to be able to do any better than us....?? The rumours i have heard about Honda is that they are never really happy to deal... can;t be true can it..?

I have found a couple of demos at the dealers, but they are exactly the same price (if not more) than New..WTF...?? Surely they wouldn't expect you to pay the cost of the dealer delivery on a DEMO model and that you could knock a couple of grand of the price there alone....?

Honda have an offer on the Euro at the moment of 5 year warranty and the Tourer model for $1k more with the Sat Nav, lights and parking sensors... until 31st Dec. Who says I wait til the new year....?

Any pro/cons of the dealers in Perth...?

Cheers,
Gavern

industrie
27-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Good choice, the Liberty is a good car as well in comparison to the Honda Accord Euro, as the power is great for the mid sized car. Are you thinking about the Tourer? You can bargain with the dealiers but they will not drop too much, generally ask for the freebies as usual...as you are already getting satelitte and sensors. The new euro will come out late next year or early 2009 as this year should be the last of the current shape...so do think about that, then again you are getting a bargain...

Demo models you should always being paying less, and you should be able to get a good bargain out of it, if your willing to pay say max 36K drive away price as an example then you have to throw out to the dealer that this is all you can put out, and just work at it from there..it takes a big of effort but you end up saving a few $$ on it.

aaronng
27-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Get new. Don't get a demo. Wait for 2008 because the Tourer becomes the base Euro and you get sat nav and fog lights as standard..

You'll should get it at RRP price driveaway with free mats, extended warranty and a full tank of petrol. This is because in mid-2008, the next gen Euro should be unveiled.

gromit
27-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I find that Burswood Honda have a higher listed driveaway price compared to Honda North, though I can't say which dealership would give you a better discount. Personally I preferred how I was treated at Honda North and thus made my LE euro purchase there.

Can't comment on Prestige Honda though in Melville, it was too far away.

winvin23
28-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Surely either Burswood or Prestige Honda dealers would be able to, or at least try to, beat/match the the quote that you got from Honda North. If not, then Honda North is definitely the dealer for you mate.

I've got a mate who works at Burswood Honda, but I actually bought my Euro from Prestige Honda. Both was willing to sell at roughly the same price but I chose Prestige, simply because Burswood didn't have the car that I wanted in stock at that time and Prestige is much closer to home. I did have a good experience with Honda North as well.

However, I must say I didn't like dealing with "some" of the 3 dealers' top managers, didn't seem genuine at all and weren't helpful at times with heaps of broken promises, but again they do work in sales, so can't really blame them :P Anyway, if you dont have the time or couldn't be bothered dealing with any of them, just get one of those car brokers, most of them don't cost anything and they can fully negotiate for you within your budget and specifications etc.

Not sure whether you should buy now or wait til 2008, but the extra free offers usually get extended, especially when they're trying to clear the current 2007 stocks.

Gavern
28-12-2007, 12:32 PM
...will keep you informed of our progress.

Can't wait too long into the new year as the Euro is to replace the missus' car she pranged a few weeks back. Amazing how much damage a towball can cause to the fornt of your car....!

We're hoping that the current deals (5 year warranty, Tourer edition) will still be aorund after the 31st Dec closing date. After all.. there SHOULD be some clearing of '07 models before '08 models arrive.. and then the NEW '08 models.

Cheers,
Gavern

aaronng
28-12-2007, 12:40 PM
...will keep you informed of our progress.

Can't wait too long into the new year as the Euro is to replace the missus' car she pranged a few weeks back. Amazing how much damage a towball can cause to the fornt of your car....!

We're hoping that the current deals (5 year warranty, Tourer edition) will still be aorund after the 31st Dec closing date. After all.. there SHOULD be some clearing of '07 models before '08 models arrive.. and then the NEW '08 models.

Cheers,
Gavern
You can still get it after the closing date. Just bargain it in.

ACCORDEURO2007
28-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi Gavern, i bought my luxury auto from Honda North on the 22/6/07. They were absouletly fabulous. I went to burswood Honda after i went to honda north and checked out the best deal they could do. Honda north kept matching it and even went further. I paid 42980 drive away and they threw in floor mats and boot liner. The salesman i dealt with was Roger. They bent over backwards to help me. I now do all my servicing through them. Which is also very good.

tanalasta
29-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Honda dealers, depending on your salesman are more than happy to 'deal and negotiate'. Especially at this time of year.

The only time they won't is if they've earmarked you as an easy target who will pay that bit extra.

The going rate for an Euro, manual standard. Drive away is around $32.5k (and maybe even less now) which is what Honda North offerred my mate only a few months ago.

Second that you should just get a new car.

one4spl
01-01-2008, 08:23 AM
The non-euro accord should be here very soon, its all over the Thai honda site, as that is where they are built.

http://www.honda.co.th/accord/en/main.html

BiLL|z0r
01-01-2008, 11:25 AM
The non-euro accord should be here very soon, its all over the Thai honda site, as that is where they are built.

http://www.honda.co.th/accord/en/main.html

I see the 2.4 engine is up to 132kw and 225nm in the Accord. Should see an increae in the Euro this year then.

one4spl
02-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Givent that its already 140kW in the Euro, I wouldnt bet on it, at least until the all-new one is out.

DLRioM
02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
hmmm dont like the new look.....its looking more like a pensioners car. From the improvements they have made though, it looks like the euro will be impressive

glengowan
02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
hmmm dont like the new look.....its looking more like a pensioners car. From the improvements they have made though, it looks like the euro will be impressive

What is a pensioner's car? I have a euro and i'm a pensioner. Nice to see that there are still some good old predudice around

one4spl
03-01-2008, 09:39 AM
All the private sale Euro's we looked at were owned by oldies (60+).

aaronng
03-01-2008, 09:49 AM
All the private sale Euro's we looked at were owned by oldies (60+).

Could be because the younger ones don't want to part with their Euro. :)

I know I wouldn't sell mine.

Mike Star
03-01-2008, 10:32 AM
... or a Demo, at least.

Hi guys - stumbled in here and looks like a good place.

We had narrowed the choices down to the Euro, Subaru Liberty and the new Ford Mondeo. The wife WANTS the Euro because she has had a '92 & a '93 previously. I had her look at the Liberty and Mondeo, amongst others but these were in the end the only two other options.

We looked at but didn't drive the Liberty & Mondeo one day and then another checked out the Euro, including a drive and accepting an offer to take the car home overnight.

That very same afternoon I checked out the Mondeo and realised just how tacky the interior and console was (high wear and scratches to the standard Ford, soft silver painted plastic console) so I just walked away without a drive. Why pay the same price as a Euro for what seemed to be of lesser value..?

I then tested the Liberty, but HATED the flashy red-lighted console and the ride seemed harsher than the Euro.

So the Euro it is.

Does anyone have any tips (or links to tips) in dealing for a new Euro..?
We're in Perth and have spoken with a very helpful sales guy at Honda North. I'm happy to deal with other Honda Dealers if that helps..?

I have a mate's son who owns a local vehichle wholesale place and he's been calling on all his contacts to find us a good deal, but even though he is mates with some of the Honda dealers and Honda management it looks as though he's not going to be able to do any better than us....?? The rumours i have heard about Honda is that they are never really happy to deal... can;t be true can it..?

I have found a couple of demos at the dealers, but they are exactly the same price (if not more) than New..WTF...?? Surely they wouldn't expect you to pay the cost of the dealer delivery on a DEMO model and that you could knock a couple of grand of the price there alone....?

Honda have an offer on the Euro at the moment of 5 year warranty and the Tourer model for $1k more with the Sat Nav, lights and parking sensors... until 31st Dec. Who says I wait til the new year....?

Any pro/cons of the dealers in Perth...?

Cheers,
Gavern
Hi Gavern,
If you can get a good deal on a "Demo" then go for it. I bought my Euro Luxury from Col Crawford Honda here is NSW and it was a CC Demo. I got a great deal including reduced servicing costs. It was about $6000 less than the recommended retail drive away price and had just 1500 ks on it. There is no reason NOT to take this kind of deal if it is on offer.
God Luck,
Cheers

one4spl
03-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Quoting a 50 line post in its entirety with a 3 line response makes baby jesus cry.

That is all.

SPQR
05-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi Gavern,
If you can get a good deal on a "Demo" then go for it. I bought my Euro Luxury from Col Crawford Honda here is NSW and it was a CC Demo. I got a great deal including reduced servicing costs. It was about $6000 less than the recommended retail drive away price and had just 1500 ks on it. There is no reason NOT to take this kind of deal if it is on offer.
God Luck,
Cheers

I don't think I would have purchased the demo after I had driven it. However, as you point out, they do come pre-depreciated.

Bish
07-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi Gavern,

I'm from Sydney, and i brought the Euro Tourer. The Sat Nav is not that great Tomtom is better but the parking sensors really help.

I just brought a Brand New accord euro tourer in November 07 I paid $35,240 including Matts, Tint and Spoiler.

On top of i got the free on roads and 5 year warranty from Honda being offered at the moment, so now is good time to get deal.

I started making enquiries on www.motorpoint.com.au and sent it to all the dealers listed (Lists Dealers Aus Wide), then waited for them to call me, also checked Honda for all registered dealers and rang any not on this site. Got quotes and worked on the best price then told them what they had to do it for to get my business.

Some of my tips:-
1) Ask the dealer for Hondas discount pricing, but you might need a letter from your employer i.e. if you have a car allowance as part of your salary.
2) Know what you want in terms of model, Colour and extras. If you go in firm and let them know you're serious they will give there best price.
3) Best times to buy are Dec/Jan, June/July and the end of these months. Its about numbers to these dealers the bigger there number is each month the bigger discounts they get back from Honda.
4) You have to be realistic, you will start to see a pattern in how much the car is worth you should aim for under that.

this is this the 7th Brand new car i have brought for family and friends and have found this to be the best way in NSW anyway.

Remember if you know exactly what you want and you remain firm in what you want to pay you should get a good deal.

Hope this helps and good luck. :)

Gavern
08-01-2008, 07:29 AM
We picked up the new Euro on Friday.

December's deal was free rego and stamp duty, 5 year warranty and roadside assist... which is basically RAC/RACV/NRMA/RACQ Plus. Std Euro auto was $37,980 drive away....you paid dealer delivery.

We waited the extra few days til January before actually making any deals.... by which time, dealer delivery was paid by Honda. Now the std Euro auto was $35,990 drive away. Plus $300 for metallic paint.

Prestige Honda in Mellville was selling off a few demos, all with under 500km on the clock. A mate owns North Perth Wholesale and called them on my behalf and wrangled a NEW auto for $33,990 drive away, choice of any colour.

Ended up back at the dealer we started with (my wife serviced her old '92 Accord with Honda North, which is closest to home - and will soon be even closer when they open up at Wangara) and after MUCH discussions and to'ing and fro'ing they agreed to match the Prestige deal at $33,990 dirve away with 5 year warranty and 5 year roadside assist.

Most surprising revelation was how hard it was to negotiate with Honda - could it be to do with there being only THREE dealers in Metro Perth..?
They really weren't bothered about getting that sale - even in Dec/Jan - and let me walk out the door over a couple of hundred $$$.

Still.. we got there in the end and the wife is suprememly happy with the purchase.

tony1234
08-01-2008, 08:47 AM
We picked up the new Euro on Friday.

December's deal was free rego and stamp duty, 5 year warranty and roadside assist... which is basically RAC/RACV/NRMA/RACQ Plus. Std Euro auto was $37,980 drive away....you paid dealer delivery.

We waited the extra few days til January before actually making any deals.... by which time, dealer delivery was paid by Honda. Now the std Euro auto was $35,990 drive away. Plus $300 for metallic paint.

Prestige Honda in Mellville was selling off a few demos, all with under 500km on the clock. A mate owns North Perth Wholesale and called them on my behalf and wrangled a NEW auto for $33,990 drive away, choice of any colour.

Ended up back at the dealer we started with (my wife serviced her old '92 Accord with Honda North, which is closest to home - and will soon be even closer when they open up at Wangara) and after MUCH discussions and to'ing and fro'ing they agreed to match the Prestige deal at $33,990 dirve away with 5 year warranty and 5 year roadside assist.

Most surprising revelation was how hard it was to negotiate with Honda - could it be to do with there being only THREE dealers in Metro Perth..?
They really weren't bothered about getting that sale - even in Dec/Jan - and let me walk out the door over a couple of hundred $$$.

Still.. we got there in the end and the wife is suprememly happy with the purchase.
Good to hear.With only 3 dealers in Perth i'd say that'd be why you had to work hard for a good deal.As for the car your wife will love you for it.:)

spentan
12-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Just settled on a new Euro Tourer (2007) in Automatic (Mocha Pearl).

(Tourer comes with Euro SatNav, Parking Sensors and Front Foglights),

Got it optioned with a Parrot Bluetooth Kit, +2Years Extended Honda Factory Warranty, Headlight Protectors, Corner Bumper Protectors, tailored floor mats, foglight protectors),

all fitted and delivered for $38k on the road. It was the last Mocha Pearl Tourer available in Australia (according to the dealer).

Service was very good (has been so far anyway), at Prestige Honda Melville (WA), spoke to a David Shomali. He gave us a Euro Luxury for a test drive for a couple of hours too, which was good.

The new one will be delivered next Friday (18th), cannot wait :P

btchia
13-01-2008, 12:03 AM
My friend pick up a demo Euro (standard) for 30K drive away, only 6000km on clock, with optional wheel, wool grain interior, he very happy with it

btchia
13-01-2008, 12:05 AM
My friend pick up a demo Euro (standard) for 30K drive away, only 6000km on clock, with optional wheel, wool grain interior, he very happy with it, so far no trouble for him.

I don't mind demo car if i found a bargain....just curious why some people prefer not to buy a demo, can anyone share some bad experience?