PDA

View Full Version : CRV MY07 HID kits

bogan
28-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi guys,
After recently going through a Euro (still miss it dearly), an Accord V6L and currently Lexus IS300, i'm now on a search for an 07 CRV Sport.

Just wondering if anyone has sourced and fitted a HID kit to the 07 CRV? It'll prolly be the only thing i'd want to do to it.
Ta!

bogan
09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi guys,
After recently going through a Euro (still miss it dearly), an Accord V6L and currently Lexus IS300, i'm now on a search for an 07 CRV Sport.

Just wondering if anyone has sourced and fitted a HID kit to the 07 CRV? It'll prolly be the only thing i'd want to do to it.
Ta!

Anyone...anyone at all?! :p

jamchen
09-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Anyone...anyone at all?! :p

Buy a aftermarket HID kit in corresponse to your low beam type that's it.

but remember any HID which are not factory fitted are considered not read legal.

but if you stick with 5000k then you should be still okay from the guys in blue.

JUST FOR YOUR INTEREST, 2.4.L CRV IN TAIWAN COMES WITH HID FROM FACTROY WITH AFS.:thumbsup:

zy32
10-01-2008, 10:08 AM
hey matey congrats on your new car!

though id love to have HIDS on mine but im abit of a cheapo...

instead i settled for Phillips Diamond Vision 5000k bulbs. Cost me about 100 bucks from Autobarn.

For projector style headlamps the bulbs are awesome! they look hot and look like i have HIDS. the strength of beam is pretty optimal and the colour of light is more white than blue. but On the road its a tint of blue.

I guess if one knew the difference between HIDS and "pretend" HID 5000k bulbs they'll know i dont have HIDS.

So if you wanna save a good 400 bucks go with the phillips diamond vision.

j.meng87
10-01-2008, 01:50 PM
If you want a brighter light you can try Osram Night Breaker. Its rated up to 90% more light on the road. Also its 10% whiter giving that slight HID colour. At the moment i'm using Osram Silverstar (up to 50% brighter) i've had it just over 1yr and its still bright like the first time i turn it on.

bogan
12-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys!! Might just try the lights you've suggested first and see wots doing. I know i'm a bit nit-picky but going from a car with HID's to one without is like going from school-girl Britney to fat mental Britney - something's not quite right!!

ryaan
18-09-2011, 04:27 PM
im planning to install the 5-6000k bulbs... does it shorten the visibility of the current yellow halogen bulbs?

thanks.