PDA

View Full Version : Civic 2007 first tune - all BS?

drunkntigr
29-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Went for my first Civic tune and the car doesn't feel any different, I believe they only look at certain parts of the car?

Does anybody have any other suggestions I can do to my civic to make it go a bit smoother as accleration still feels a bit rough. My friend who got her Civic 6 months earlier than mine had her dad look at it and he did some 'adjustments' to the brake and engine, I'm not sure what. He is a pro mechanic as I believe.

I also got them to redo the tints and they of course bothed it again and now it is worse off than before.

I'll be servicing my car with a private tuner for it's next tune, my question is, everything that needs to be done to the car is in the manual isn't it? SO just an oil change etc.

Also do any of those 'special' fuels help the engine like all those bottles at super cheap auto etc.?

Void
30-12-2007, 04:06 PM
if your talking about a "first service" all they look at is the tyre pressures, fluid levels and if there is anything obvious that's a problem
its a quick in and a quick out.
Dont run any of the crap from supercheap cos its just some knocked up ocatane booster
Just use good quality fuel from the servo. and keep it maintained on time not letting is got 15000kms after the scheduled service

bennjamin
30-12-2007, 04:41 PM
to keep your warranty , all you need to use is HONDA/OEM fluids and parts. Anyone can service your car....

beeza
01-01-2008, 12:03 PM
You could install a MSD Ignition System in your car to make it run smoother and 'feel' a lot nicer.No real power gains.I've got the System in my car and I Love it.

UNLS1
02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
the first service is to check to make sure everything is ok.

lol what the hell did u expect from it?? did u expect a 10kw increase????
they dont tune it either. im assuming u mean service?
its free anyways.

and if it is only the first service give the car a chance to losen up.

but please give us more information about what service it was and what u were expecting!

Danese
03-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Hey UNLS1. What dealer are you at mate?