PDA

View Full Version : HELP: need replacement remote for honda accord 98

ichiban
31-12-2007, 01:33 AM
My 98 CG accord (6th gen) had remote central locking that activated/deactivated the alarm as well. Lost my keys a while back, and with it the last of the remotes I had.

Honda parts department have quoted me a ridiculous price for a replacement. Tried getting one off ebay, but it didnt work. (looked like this: http://i13.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/ce/11/a900_2.JPG

Does anybody know if there were different remotes that looked like this, and any places I might be able to get replacement remotes for cheap? On a different note, the central locking stopped working on my rear doors, what would be the easiest way to fix them? Thanks in advance for the help

ECU-MAN
31-12-2007, 12:33 PM
the one you have is the one for the 98 accord that was fitted with factory alarm

that remote will not work if you only have keyless entery

also you have to train the remote to the car.

have you done that ?

ichiban
10-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Its been a long time since I've checked back, but yes I did try training the remote with the whole "turn ignition on then off, press remote" etc... but to no avail. Does anybody have the same gen car as me? What is the part number on the back of your keyless remote?

vipaccord
13-09-2008, 11:22 AM
hi i have done the upgrade the central locking to an alarm also and was thinking i should get a spare remote as i wouldnt want to lose the only one i have so if anyone knows where to get a remote cheap i would also like to know thanks in advance.

FAT VTI
22-09-2008, 03:18 PM
im pretty sure Jaycar are selling some variation of "generic" replacement car alarm remote, give them a call.

ichiban
25-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Make sure you ask about the remote's functionality. Some new car alarms have code-hopping, and some generic remotes wont be able to handle this since they only learn the one signal.

santa3563
25-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey,just sent 1 out to you ,hopefully it'll work for you. Cheers

ichiban
30-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I've tried programming it, but no luck. These are the steps I tried:

1. Turn ON (II)
2. Press Lock
3. Turn ACC (I)

Repeat steps 1-3 three times

Then turn ON
Press Lock.

Even tried substituting "Turn ACC" to "Turn OFF". Anybody know of alternative methods?

santa3563
01-10-2008, 06:48 AM
1. Enter car and close all door
Each of the following steps must be completed within 5 secs.
2. Insert key into ignition,hold 1 remote in your left hand.
3. Turn ignition switch to ON position (II)
4. Press the LOCK button for abt 1 sec. then release.
5. Turn ignition switch to ACC(I) for 1 sec. then turn ignition switch to
ON (II).
6. Press LOCK on the remote,the door lock should make a cycling sound,indicates
system in Programming Mode.
P.S. if more than 1 remote then press LOCK on each one in turn and again
door locks should make cycling sound after you press LOCK on remote.
7. Press LOCK one more time.
8. Turn ignition off and remove the key.Remote should now programmed.

Cheers.