PDA

View Full Version : New Euro owner

baboo
19-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Hello guys,

I'm baboo and I just ordered a Honda Accord Euro, :D

I'll be picking it up on the 30th of Aug....anything I should watch out for on the pre delivery inspection?

yfin, I notice that you are going to lower the Euro, what sorta combo are you getting? just Eibach springs or a whole complete coilover setup? I've got coilovers on my previous car, they are brilliant on the road and on track.

Ahhh....can't wait :p

Cheers

zhenjie
19-08-2004, 08:32 AM
Ordered recently and will be picking it up so soon? Wow!
I'm placing my order this week!

baboo
19-08-2004, 10:14 AM
dealer says about 2 weeks wait, normally.

Thorn2004
19-08-2004, 01:12 PM
dealer says about 2 weeks wait, normally.

Congrats on your order, you will love your Euro, I know I love mine, I purchased an Arctic Blue Euro a month and a half ago and I love it ! It looks nice, has a nice interior, and goes like the clappers, seriously its top end rev range is awesome!

They say around 2 weeks but I ended up waiting around a month, I just hope yours comes in quicker than mine did ! Which dealer are you going through?

trigger
19-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Hi there!
I've had my euro for 6 months already and it's doing brilliant :D congratz on your purchase!

Mine is lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit with stock shocks and K-Mac camber kit for the rear. It's good enough for me :)

EuroAccord13
19-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Cool... and you waited only 2 weeks? GOSH.. I waited 2 months for mine to arrive!

ANyway have fun modding it :D I know coz I am having the best fun :P

yfin
19-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Hello guys,

I'm baboo and I just ordered a Honda Accord Euro, :D

I'll be picking it up on the 30th of Aug....anything I should watch out for on the pre delivery inspection?

yfin, I notice that you are going to lower the Euro, what sorta combo are you getting? just Eibach springs or a whole complete coilover setup? I've got coilovers on my previous car, they are brilliant on the road and on track.

Ahhh....can't wait :p

Cheers

Still not sure - I will probably wait now to see what else comes out for the Euro. Coilovers seem like the best option but I would prefer not to spend $2000 on them. Still need to factor in a camber kit so it can become fairly pricey.

Eibach look like they are best spring only solution - but then there is the risk that the shocks will need replacing quickly and the whole thing costing more than coilovers.

Congrats on your euro - I see so many of them on the roads now!

-h2n-
19-08-2004, 09:56 PM
coilovers all the way dude ... ^^

Slugoid
19-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Congrats on your euro - I see so many of them on the roads now!

Tell me about it :mad:

9 months ago, it was a totally different story. Oh well, still a great car dispite being this common.

As for suspension, the eibach pro kit is good for the price. There are some Euro owners with Tien coilovers...not sure which type, but they do have one for the Euro.

yfin
19-08-2004, 09:59 PM
coilovers all the way dude ... ^^

We need to see pics Henry! Sounds like you definately have no regrets for your coilovers. I am sure it is the way I will go -- eventually.

-h2n-
19-08-2004, 10:43 PM
hehe... sorry yoram... but i usually spend all me spare cash on the car!! ^^

will start saving for a digital camera and post sum pics for ya'll ASAP OKIE??

p.s. i'm thinking of fuji s5000... anyone got any udder suggestions??

-h-

euro77
19-08-2004, 11:33 PM
canon all the way LOL

anyway, congrats on your euro purchase. You'll love it as much as we all love our euro ;)

toE
20-08-2004, 12:28 AM
congrats on the purchase. hv fun driving it. :)

baboo
20-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Thanks guys,

my plan are just to stay with dropped springs. Although coilovers are very good, I will not take it to the track as often as I want to now......but you never know ;)

Oh, 17 or 18 inch is a must...16s is just too small for the car.

And that OEM bodykit....I just love it, but can't afford it at the moment...

Thorn2004
20-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys,

my plan are just to stay with dropped springs. Although coilovers are very good, I will not take it to the track as often as I want to now......but you never know ;)

Oh, 17 or 18 inch is a must...16s is just too small for the car.

And that OEM bodykit....I just love it, but can't afford it at the moment...

I know this is a Honda forum, and alot of you guys are tweakers, but really is having the car at normal height such a bad thing? It's not as though the car is really too far off the road, and you sit down nice and low anyhow, and for those of us who don't take our Euro's down to the track and actually need to drive it around town... well I think the standard height is much more convienient! For starters you don't scrape the crap out of the bottom when going over speedhumps, or up steep driveways, and I know this from experience coz my old 2001 Honda Civic was lowered! I ended up getting the Civic unlowered, and the idiots at the Honda Dealership who lowered it ended up just shortening the shocks, this ended up damaging the mounts which 14 months down the track had to be replaced as well as the shocks when they unlowered it!

I have also been warned off getting larger rims by a few people, for starters, according to the manual and the Honda dealership which I deal with, putting larger rims on the car can affect the VSA if you don't keep the overall diameter of the wheel the same, it can infact cause the VSA to behave eratically! Secondly it can affect the camber etc which makes for some adjustments... I really don't know if it is worth the effort, sure the 16's arn't really large enough for the wheel hubs, but they don't look stupid or anything, and at least they provide some nice tyres, Dunlop SP's !

Each to their own I guess, depends on whether you are a ricer or not ;)

baboo
20-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Thorn2004,

I guess if you just drive around shopping centres, pick the kids up or something like that. By all means stick with the stock setup.

But if I want to do some spirited driving up and down the twisty roads, I would certainly be uprating my shocks and lower the car a little to keep the centre of gravity down. We are not talking about dump the car to the floor, just low enough so the car has less body roll and looking good is a bonus.

As long as the total diameter of the 17" or 18" is similar to the stock ones, I don't see any problem that it will affect VSA.

I don't think put bigger wheels and lowering it is classed as RICE.
A nice example would be Perth_EURO's car, his car is has class.

I think spoiler on the boot is rice. they do nothing at all unless you drive 200+km/hr
so I would class your car as a rice car.

Oh and Dunlop SP is nothing special. Performs average in the dry and wet. They are just economical tyres.

Thorn2004
20-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Thorn2004,

I guess if you just drive around shopping centres, pick the kids up or something like that. By all means stick with the stock setup.

But if I want to do some spirited driving up and down the twisty roads, I would certainly be uprating my shocks and lower the car a little to keep the centre of gravity down. We are not talking about dump the car to the floor, just low enough so the car has less body roll and looking good is a bonus.

As long as the total diameter of the 17" or 18" is similar to the stock ones, I don't see any problem that it will affect VSA.

I don't think put bigger wheels and lowering it is classed as RICE.
A nice example would be Perth_EURO's car, his car is has class.

I think spoiler on the boot is rice. they do nothing at all unless you drive 200+km/hr
so I would class your car as a rice car.

Oh and Dunlop SP is nothing special. Performs average in the dry and wet. They are just economical tyres.

Dude don't take offense, I was only offering my point of view because I already own a Euro!

Take a look at some reviews of the Euro dude, it shows that the Euro is already bread for sports handling as it is sold stock, go to google and type in Honda Accord Euro Reviews, they already state that the suspension is quite firm and sporty and corners like it is on rails, this is the way the car was designed, lowering the car and changing the suspension won't add much to the car excepty for affecting your Insurance/Warranty! Trust me mate, I should know, I own one, and it handles just like the reviews say, great around corners, very little body roll, and smooth!

About the spoiler, heck dude lots of people add spoilers, not for the cars handling benefits but more to distinguish their cars from stock settups without affecting the cars insurance or warranty, it is basically these extra's that adds value and prestige to your car! I don't drive at 200K's, but I have had my Euro up to 160 accelerating to overttake on the freeway, hell it loves travelling at those speeds, or the high end rev range!

Like I said dude each to their own, if you think your insurance company won't mind you modifying the suspension, or lowering the car then go ahead, and btw if you read through the owners manual it DOES mention the VSA issue with the larger rims/tyre settups, ask your local Honda Dealer about it! If you can get larger rims with low profile tyres so the overall size is similar then go for it!

About the ricer comment I did have a ;) This means I am joking, tongue in cheek lol !

Btw the dunlop SP's are one of the 'recommended' performance tyres by Honda and some reviewers, they are a good performance tyre!

yfin
20-08-2004, 05:02 PM
When you change rims it would be silly not to keep the same overall tyre diameter as the speedo will be off if you do. My VSA works perfectly well with my 17" rims and wider tyres....

Thorn - are you sure changing rims impacts camber? I changed rims and my camber was checked to be well within factory specification.

Stock ride height is fine for some - but I would prefer my Euro to have a wheel arch gap similar to a BMW rather than a Rav 4. The look of the stock rims doesn't cut it unless you lower the car. I am not talking about dumping it - just 35mm drop.

Stock suspension performs fine but it does look crap. The car looks "lifted".

BTW - I agree with you that the Dunlops are decent tyres. They are better than the Falkens I have now in the wet.

EuroAccord13
21-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Awwww... Be a Sleeper like me :D and watch the faces of the drivers that dragged you and lost :P

will_pop
21-08-2004, 04:32 PM
i just think the wheel arch gap of EURO is really big.......

BMWz and i just went to the subaru dealer the other day .. and their B4 (or say GTz) are having a much smaller wheel arch gap... not to menton the 3.0 RB which got blistein shocks in it ... a even smaller gap....

i think modern carz all got smaller gapz but dunno y Honda still keep their big gap

baboo
21-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Sorry Thorn, just a bit sick of people generalise modify cars as ricers. no doubt those with stupid bodykits and neons are ricers but not those want to improve the handling and suspension setup of a car.

Yes, the EURO handles above average, but it can be better, I'm sure HONDA designed a very good suspension setup, but there must have a budget in mind. so a good choice of aftermarket parts will certainly improve on the stock ones to some extent.

mm...I've read somewhere that says the EURO could do with better tyres....I'm thinking that a performance tyre is somewhere along the line of

Bridgestone RE 01 R, Yokohama ADVAN AD07, and Michelin pilot sport. or Pirelli P Zero those type of tyres..

Thorn2004
22-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Sorry Thorn, just a bit sick of people generalise modify cars as ricers. no doubt those with stupid bodykits and neons are ricers but not those want to improve the handling and suspension setup of a car.

Yes, the EURO handles above average, but it can be better, I'm sure HONDA designed a very good suspension setup, but there must have a budget in mind. so a good choice of aftermarket parts will certainly improve on the stock ones to some extent.

mm...I've read somewhere that says the EURO could do with better tyres....I'm thinking that a performance tyre is somewhere along the line of

Bridgestone RE 01 R, Yokohama ADVAN AD07, and Michelin pilot sport. or Pirelli P Zero those type of tyres..

No problems mate, I understand what you want from the car, better performance or handling is something which I think we all want! For me the handling is great, the suspension is firm which I like, however I am sure some after market, higher performance suspension would probably make the car handle even better again, although the cost would put me out of the running !

I love the Dunlop SP's, others agree that it is a great performance tyre, I haven't had any problems in the wet, or even on loose surfaces so I can't complain :)

Tofu
22-08-2004, 05:21 PM
hehe..Baboo!!
welcome to the Honda family...
but i sure do think your previous car was faster... ;)

and you're not thinking of taking your Euro onto the track?? heheh...AS IF!! :D

well, whatever you wish to do with your Euro i'm sure you're going to do it properly and do it well... ;)

razaman
22-08-2004, 07:45 PM
I don't own a Euro but the first thing I would do after buying it is lower it. I would also swap the stock wheels as they look to small. I don't like the wheel gap, too big IMO. I don't think a spoiler is rice.

I saw a Euro in the dealership last week with the facelift wheels - much better!!!

I think they might be the same as the US A-Spec package. 17 inch lightweight wheels. Looked similar to these pics.

http://www.ryanhalls.com/ozhonda/112_0403_tuner01_l.jpg

http://www.ryanhalls.com/ozhonda/004tsx_aspec-093.jpg

Raz

-h2n-
22-08-2004, 09:07 PM
rice??

-h2n-
22-08-2004, 09:13 PM

baboo
22-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Hey Tofu,

hehe....yah.. I miss my old car, missus made me sell it.

I'm after 17" bronze WORK emotion wheels, I think it would look good on a graphite Euro....

zeal suspension...yummy....

razaman
23-08-2004, 04:14 AM
rice??

The only rice is the sticker on the bonnet, otherwise it's hot hot hot!! :D

Raz

baboo
23-08-2004, 04:29 PM
rice??

Dang.....Mugen kit.

DOn't like the Mugen smiley front bumper though :confused:

Tofu
23-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey Tofu,

hehe....yah.. I miss my old car, missus made me sell it.

I'm after 17" bronze WORK emotion wheels, I think it would look good on a graphite Euro....

zeal suspension...yummy....

hahahah YOU'RE MARRIED??
you didn't tell me!! :confused:

anyway...nice choice on colour.. ;)