PDA

View Full Version : Vitantonio Liuzzi in F1 next year?

LUD02C
19-08-2004, 09:30 AM
This is the man that they are saying is the next Michael Schumacher.
He has dominated the F3000 season and from what i have read he is alot quicker driving a F1 car then most on the field.

I hope he gets a seat with Sauber and Ferrari pick him up and kick Rubens out :)

Here is a article from f1-live.com

Run-away F3000 leader Vitantonio Liuzzi will almost certainly move up to Formula One in 2005. With Red Bull backing, it is not surprising that both Sauber Petronas and Jaguar Racing are looking at the Italian with a view to a race seat next season. Liuzzi himself is however just focusing on the job at hand - the F3000 championship.

"I am trying not to dream so much, the main job is being done by my management," the BBC report the Italian as saying. "I am always the last one to know anything. I think it is a bit too soon now."

Liuzzi currently stands 12 points clear of his nearest rival, Italian Enrico Toccacelo, in the championship battle.

Sauber have a seat available for 2005 with Giancarlo Fisichella heading to Renault as do Jaguar Racing with Mark Webber moving to Williams.

EXIT
24-08-2004, 02:19 AM
Sato dominated F3000 aswell ! look what happened to him .

LUD02C
24-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Difference is, Sato didn't hope in an F1 car and do quicker times then the main drivers!

jackosimm
25-08-2004, 05:10 PM
is everyone on the sight hardcore BAR supporters or do we have some Ferrari fans here?

LUD02C
25-08-2004, 06:36 PM
is everyone on the sight hardcore BAR supporters or do we have some Ferrari fans here?

I hate BAR and I don't like Jenson after Formula 3000.

I have always liked Schumacher, since i started watching F1 and that was way back with my brother.
I like the success that Ferrari is having because it pushing technology and also the other teams.

Watch for Toyota in the near future!

I want Juan and Kimi to start fighting again with Michael and soon Webber to be up there. :)

jackosimm
25-08-2004, 07:19 PM
yeh Toyota will be up there soon i reckon, still finding their feet in F1 but with the funds their pumping into the F1 program some results should be coming soon. Still itll be hard to pass Ferrari's dominance even when/if Schumacher decides to retire, hoping thats no time soon...

LUD02C
25-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Michael won't retire for 5-7 years i reckon.
He has said in many press conferences that he enjoys what he is doing and if the other teams do catch up he'll enjoy it more.

Even if he does retire, he'd be working in the paddock somewhere for some team helping with some major role.
He is a great asset to formula 1.

jackosimm
26-08-2004, 09:25 AM
yeh for sure, his motivation is so strong, every race on the podium his smile gets bigger! and yeh if he decides to retire from racing he'll be doin promo days for Ferrari and still in the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 team workin in the paddock. You a Futurama fan LUD02C ?

LUD02C
26-08-2004, 12:36 PM
I've only seen a few episodes but i like the dude KIF.
Plus, no one would ever have this as an avatar, so its unique!

jackosimm
26-08-2004, 01:00 PM
haha yeh it is unique. funny stuff.

Dylan
26-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah i agree Toyota will be up there with renault soon, with Mike Gasgoyne (sp?) going to toyota some time through last year. Next years car should be the first toyota fully designed while he is in charge.

I dont agree though with the comment that schumi will be in F1 for another 5-7 years. I personally believe (and this is only an opinion) that schumi will leave as soon as he starts loosing, or sees a definite threat to him coming through the ranks. It would be stupid of him to just wait around until his reputation is gone because "there is a better driver than him". Id much rather leave before it is proven so that noone can ever say its true.

But, of course, it could be another 5-7 years until there is a threat to him. God help us all if it gets to that!!!! (lol)

Dylan

jackosimm
26-08-2004, 06:34 PM
yeh i reckon he got a couple of years left in him probably not quiet as many as 5 (as good as it would be) but id like him to stay until some descent rivals come along so it can be like the 2003 season with Kimi. Mike Gascoyne will certainly make a difference once a car he's fully designed comes out. Schumacher will dominate Spa, he's got a kickass history there.

Dylan
26-08-2004, 10:25 PM
they predict rain for spa

jackosimm
27-08-2004, 09:12 AM
yeh it been light rain all week, good to finally see how the new wet weather tires handle, hopefully bridgestone keep their reputation for it.

LUD02C
04-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Back to topic.
Luizzi has been having testing and seat fitting with Sauber and might be signing for 2005 & 2006 until a position is at Ferrari for 2006 or so.
Rumor has it that if Liuzzi signs with Sauber there engine bills from Ferrari will drop significantly and Red Bull will stay with Sauber.

So what do you think the Swiss team will do?
Reduce bills and Keep the major sponsor to sign a great talent?
Seems to good doesn't it?