PDA

View Full Version : which engine would you chose if you were me? im stumped

gxiang
02-01-2008, 03:38 AM
heres the deal.

i have limited amount of budget i can use for my next project (say 10k)

atm i have a full dc5r ausdm front cut with no engine (bottom end shoot, head could be savaged but needs internals possibily) and i also have a k24 which i could source for around 1.5k

should i

A) just get another k20 sell whateva is left of my engine

B) save money and go k24 and use my dc5r gearbox

C) use my current head, and built a K20/24, but iam guessing internal would cost a bit

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i am going Kpro for sure so ECU is not a problem.

i am after a daily however more power is always welcome. My main concern would be reliability, i duno how well a rebuild will be. OEM would be always the best i would say. I know they is protential in the k24, but that would mean opening it up and i duno how well it would last in terms of reliability again

help me out boys

simonnowis
02-01-2008, 11:42 PM
what car is it going into? it seems your really concerned on reliability.
do you have sufficient knowledge on a rebuild?
theres no reason a good built k20/k24 will be unreliable.
but since ur just looking for a daily driver building an engine will be too much, just sell up and get a k20 or k24 which ever u like

Paul1985
03-01-2008, 12:10 AM
If the engine in the cuts dead and you can get a K24A for $1600, cant go wrong. You got the trans and all the other gear you will need such as sensors/wiring..

Depending what car its for will cost you quiet a bit more for getting it setup for that model car..

You will possibly need things like: mounts/fuel setup/axles/exuast/intake/headers/clutch line/relocated rad/shifter kit to name a few... All adds up!! Believe me.

K20aCivic
05-01-2008, 12:05 PM
k20 is the best option, it's reliability and produce good power and it surely won't dissapoint you!

EuroDude
05-01-2008, 01:41 PM
If you like revving the bejesus out of the car, get the K20

If you want better low-down torque in traffic and prefer not to rev it too high, get the K24

mixing K20 with K24 may not be cost effective. a stock motor will definetely be more reliable, especially for a daily runaround

fatboyz39
05-01-2008, 04:26 PM
build a k20/k24!