PDA

View Full Version : projector headlights ( angel eyes )

dAzLr
02-01-2008, 01:22 PM
hey guys im going to buy a set of angel eyes for my civic but im not sure wether to go for the chrome type looking ones or the carbon fibre black type does any one have pics of their cars with either of them on it i want to see wat a few cars look like before i buy them cheers guys

omgitsmatt
02-01-2008, 03:42 PM
what colour is your car? i dont have pics but imo i think black suites lighter colours, especially silver, but when it comes to darker colour it obviously isnt as noticeable

dAzLr
02-01-2008, 04:13 PM
its the light blue civic colour

Gio
02-01-2008, 04:16 PM
hmmm hard choice i have always liked black lights so id say black

Jord
02-01-2008, 05:27 PM
dark is better :P

JetSir
02-01-2008, 05:42 PM
go dark =] looks heaps better than chrome unless ur in for bling bling?

subie
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
if u want to go for JDM look, go for black. Bling style, go for chrome..

what else u gonna do to the body of ur car? if u thinking about putting carbon fibre bonnet on ur car in the future, do not get black housing one.. get chrome.. I've seen silver ek with carbon bonnet and black angle eye lights.. don't think it looks nice

but, all up to u anyway

cheers

Sexc86
04-01-2008, 01:10 AM
i found you need to match it to other things on your car... such as

Chrome wheels / Chrome tails / Chrome mirrors = Chrome Head lights

CF tails / mirrors and darker rims = Black

tiksie
06-01-2008, 02:26 PM
I ordered black ones :) when i chuck them on ill take a foto for u..and yes, i got a EG and its the same blue, that lightish blue..chrome ones look gay IMHO and they just look like normal headlights and u cant really notice the angel eye's effect.

theres a red EG for sale on carsales, its got the black ones and black tail lights, looks nice.

dahon
17-01-2008, 08:49 PM
i installed some some projectors on my cousins ek about a month ago.
black definately looks better, but i hear some of them have problems with fogging up and blown bulbs with the cheaper brands. what brand did u happen to purchase?

my cousin bought projectors without the angel ring - just reflectors (the cheaper ones), but im told these are easy to make, theres a video on google video (http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=980547339061120203) so ill just get that done a little later.