PDA

View Full Version : Replacing stereos in 06-08 VTI Civics possible?

ASDX
02-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi,
Am considering buying a VTI Civic but want to be able to replace the head units with a unit that supports USB sticks/keys for example. Is it easily done? I've read about a few people talking about how it can take a fair bit of effort and cost to get a different replacement unit under the dash, like in here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60349

I see in that thread someone got a double DIN Alpine unit in but how much would it cost to get someone to put them in and do you need to do anything out of the ordinary to get them in?

dmx
02-01-2008, 02:31 PM
pm danny_mart first !!!

JaCe
02-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Double DIN fascias are ordered from KAH Motor in Singapore. Look on the forums for more info. From memory it was surprisingly cheap.

Then you can install any fitting headunit you desire.

Price is dependent on the headunit you choose. Installation probably wont be too much either (maybe $80/hr)? Alot of places such as Lifestyle Store will let you use their workshop (i.e. you don't need to buy from them, to get them to install it).

dmx
03-01-2008, 02:42 PM
KAH motor don' shipped to australia, it would be against code of conduct with Honda australia parts department
The only possible is with personal shipment but u have to organize by urself, they don't organize for u.

denot
03-01-2008, 03:34 PM
KAH motor don' shipped to australia, it would be against code of conduct with Honda australia parts department
The only possible is with personal shipment but u have to organize by urself, they don't organize for u.

i think you get the dbl din from Jap dont you dmx?

dmx
03-01-2008, 04:43 PM
not me bro, my friend does. i got from him, he imported not just honda stuff, but also other (subaru, mitsubshi) with private shipment. Honda japan also refused to shipped directly to here.so basicly, we need a "middle man".

danny_mart
03-01-2008, 07:16 PM
i got a double din dash if you wanna buy it pm me